PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Chat July 9

momomom
07-09-2012, 06:28 AM
Hi, all!

I've been offline during our move. We are settling into our new old home in Omaha. I am SO JEALOUS of you all getting baby stuff done! I am unpacking and painting (green, noVOC paint) and basically working my butt off. I don't even sit down for a minute all day.

I REALLY want this baby to cook the full 40 weeks. I love having a newbie, but I always save a project for the last couple weeks to prevent sitting around wishing for baby to get here. (Usually the project is not as large as moving a whole house!)

2 nights ago I checked and I have no cervix to speak of, just a layer of mush over baby's head! And dilated to maybe a 1.

Hoping to get to a point where I can do some freezer meals and washing of baby clothes!!!

I'm looking for an update on Martha- anyone have one?

NorwexMa
07-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Wow! I don't envy you Maureen! Glad to hear you've survived so far! Martha got a buzz I seen on our FB DDC, but after that, I don't know a lot.

mommato4kids
07-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Um, how do you check your own cervix??? I've heard a ton of women do it and maybe I should know but I have no idea...fill me in!!! :-)

I really want this baby to cook for the full 40 weeks too! The longest I've ever made it was 39+ so almost to 40. I'm having a VBA2C so I really don't want to have to resort to pitocin...

popsi
07-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Um, how do you check your own cervix??? I've heard a ton of women do it and maybe I should know but I have no idea...fill me in!!! :-)

Same here, please instruct! :)

jemilyon
07-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Martha is going through chemo and if she doesnt go into labor naturally they have planned
For delivery on the 20th this month. She wont be able to bf but has a ton of donated milk ready to go in her freezer and is planning to bottle feed skin to skin. Thats all i know.

As far as checking your cervix ladies, wash your hands super well first. Then you can do it several diff ways. I like to put one leg up on the toilet. Insert a finger (i use my middle) until u feel the cervix (be gentle!!). From there you can gauge if theres any dilation. Not sure how to check how effacement. Ive only checked my cervix nonpregnant to see if i was ovulating. Maureen will have to help with that!

wordbox
07-09-2012, 04:07 PM
I have my Group B Strep test at my appointment this Friday. I will probably have my doc check me then... I know dilation doesn't really mean anything at this point, but I'm just so curious! I don't want to try to check myself, I'd probably break my water or something.

So this weekend we have two friends coming to town (DH's coworker and her boyfriend). They're only coming for a short time, and were going to stay in a hotel. Well today my husband talked to her and she asked if it was okay to just stay at our house (which they did last year when they visited) since they won't be in the hotel long and it would be a waste of money. She was very polite about it and told him to talk to me about it first.

The thing is, it's stressing me out now! Because we really don't have room. Last year we had a spare bedroom, so it was easy. That's now our son's room. We have an air mattress they can sleep on, but we'll have to cram it in the nursery (it would fit in our office, but it's supposed to be pretty hot this weekend and our office area gets very warm). We can't put it in our living room, because our son wakes up super early (the past couple weeks it's been 4:30-5:30am). I'm sure the last thing they want on their travel day home is to get up at that hour! And I'd feel pretty rude walking downstairs and waking them up.

I know it's just one night, but it sucks because I almost have the nursery totally finished. I was going to vacuum and finish dusting tonight, and put some baby gear that I cleaned up there (like the bouncy seat). I just wanted the room to be totally done, and now it feels weird that guests will be sleeping in there. But if we say no, then *I* look bad (since it was left up to me).

I know I'm being silly, but the hormones and nesting and everything just make me want things a certain way right now. PLUS we have our son's birthday party the next day, so I'll also be preparing for that. I'm excited to see them, but the timing is just not the best. I'm trying to go with the flow but I'm already so tired and stressed lately (and sleep deprived) that I just want calm and order.

edit: Never mind, less stressed now. DH figured out a way to make the office work... so they'll still stay here but I can finish the nursery and not worry about them sleeping in there. :)

chach4
07-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I have my Group B Strep test at my appointment this Friday. I will probably have my doc check me then... I know dilation doesn't really mean anything at this point, but I'm just so curious! I don't want to try to check myself, I'd probably break my water or something.

So this weekend we have two friends coming to town (DH's coworker and her boyfriend). They're only coming for a short time, and were going to stay in a hotel. Well today my husband talked to her and she asked if it was okay to just stay at our house (which they did last year when they visited) since they won't be in the hotel long and it would be a waste of money. She was very polite about it and told him to talk to me about it first.

The thing is, it's stressing me out now! Because we really don't have room. Last year we had a spare bedroom, so it was easy. That's now our son's room. We have an air mattress they can sleep on, but we'll have to cram it in the nursery (it would fit in our office, but it's supposed to be pretty hot this weekend and our office area gets very warm). We can't put it in our living room, because our son wakes up super early (the past couple weeks it's been 4:30-5:30am). I'm sure the last thing they want on their travel day home is to get up at that hour! And I'd feel pretty rude walking downstairs and waking them up.

I know it's just one night, but it sucks because I almost have the nursery totally finished. I was going to vacuum and finish dusting tonight, and put some baby gear that I cleaned up there (like the bouncy seat). I just wanted the room to be totally done, and now it feels weird that guests will be sleeping in there. But if we say no, then *I* look bad (since it was left up to me).

I know I'm being silly, but the hormones and nesting and everything just make me want things a certain way right now. PLUS we have our son's birthday party the next day, so I'll also be preparing for that. I'm excited to see them, but the timing is just not the best. I'm trying to go with the flow but I'm already so tired and stressed lately (and sleep deprived) that I just want calm and order.

edit: Never mind, less stressed now. DH figured out a way to make the office work... so they'll still stay here but I can finish the nursery and not worry about them sleeping in there. :)

Id say, put them in the office with a fan, its what u got and they sound nice enough that they will be ok with it. Try not to stress!. Though I'm the same way about houseguests. I want everything to be perfect and worry that they have a good time. It'll all work out. Have fun at your sons birthday party!

momomom
07-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Wow, so quiet!

Anyhoo, it would be kinda tough to check your cervix at this point if you've never checked it b4, only because it will be very different now than usual, which is of course what you are feeling for!

It is usually like a nose in there, longish and somewhat firm, between a nose and a lip. With a small, smile-shaped opening that will accept a finger tip, but nothing more. You should be able to reach it at this point, though,for sure. But if it is not your first babe, it will probably just feel like mushy tissue and you may or may not be able to discern where the opening is. Closer to you dd you would be able to feel the opening. You can feel your sac bulging out like a balloon if you have dilated at all and the sac is right there. The membrane is tough and just with a normal finger, if you and baby and sac are healthy, you're not going to pop it just feeling around in there- LOL!

NEVER check your cervix if you think your water has broken.

jemilyon
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I was curious so I checked myself yesterday. Yeah, total difference from my nonpreg cervix!!! Way higher and a lot mushier feeling. I was about a fingertip. How can you check effacement? Will the cervix be lower??

tibeca
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Last time, my cervix was still completely unreachable by me at this point (35+6). But with all the changes I've been feeling, I might do a quick check later today, JIC (not that it will really tell me anything...)

DH is out of town this week, which means I'm parenting solo until Thursday. Everything is telling me this baby is coming and soon, which is seriously freaking me out. I'm nesting like crazy, seeing mucus and some minor show, baby dropped today... etc.

My facebook posts look something along the "crap crap crap, baby's coming soon and I'm not ready." Never went through this with my other 2. I was WAY more relaxed. DD1 was 38 weeks, so I wasn't even prepared for her really, but was okay with that. DD2 was 41 weeks and I was a little nervous when we got past 40 weeks. But this doesn't feel like things will make it that long!

We are all SO very close!

mama2seth&trey
07-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I tried to check myself just because the other day. I can't reach my cervix still to high and posterior.

momomom
07-10-2012, 06:55 PM
You check effacement just by how long the cervix is. Mine is about 0%, ie, not sticking out from baby's head at all. Dh couldn't even find it, sorry, tmi, because it is just a smooth layer of tissue covering baby's hard head with a the little smile opening right there.

I went to a cloth diaper store IRl today and bought nothing. My stash is very simple... and there were a few nice used dipes, but at this point I'd rather spend all extra cash getting this old house looking presentable!

wordbox
07-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Id say, put them in the office with a fan, its what u got and they sound nice enough that they will be ok with it. Try not to stress!. Though I'm the same way about houseguests. I want everything to be perfect and worry that they have a good time. It'll all work out. Have fun at your sons birthday party!

Thanks! Yeah, we'll give them a fan, and there's a nice big window in our laundry room (right off the office) that we can open for them at night. I'm much less stressed today, I think I was just thrown off because I was almost finished with the nursery, and I had asked DH to check with them ahead of time about staying in a hotel, and thought we had all our ducks in a row. But I'm okay with it now, just needed some time to digest it. ;)

Last time, my cervix was still completely unreachable by me at this point (35+6). But with all the changes I've been feeling, I might do a quick check later today, JIC (not that it will really tell me anything...)

DH is out of town this week, which means I'm parenting solo until Thursday. Everything is telling me this baby is coming and soon, which is seriously freaking me out. I'm nesting like crazy, seeing mucus and some minor show, baby dropped today... etc.

My facebook posts look something along the "crap crap crap, baby's coming soon and I'm not ready." Never went through this with my other 2. I was WAY more relaxed. DD1 was 38 weeks, so I wasn't even prepared for her really, but was okay with that. DD2 was 41 weeks and I was a little nervous when we got past 40 weeks. But this doesn't feel like things will make it that long!

We are all SO very close!

Yes, we're all getting very close... but you do sound extra, extra close!

alliecatn1
07-10-2012, 11:38 PM
You check effacement just by how long the cervix is. Mine is about 0%, ie, not sticking out from baby's head at all. Dh couldn't even find it, sorry, tmi, because it is just a smooth layer of tissue covering baby's hard head with a the little smile opening right there.

(if it's totally thinned out then you're 100% effaced, still long and thick is 0%)

tibeca
07-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Did get around to checking my cervix yesterday. Almost missed it! I suspect I'm probably 3-4 cm already!, and nearly completely effaced. I walked around at 4 cm for over a week with DD2, so I'm not surprised, but this probably means that like last time, labor is going to hit hard and strong and be over really fast (which is both good and scary). Baby only has to wait until tomorrow evening when my husband gets home. But wow, I think it may really be soon!

jemilyon
07-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Did get around to checking my cervix yesterday. Almost missed it! I suspect I'm probably 3-4 cm already!, and nearly completely effaced. I walked around at 4 cm for over a week with DD2, so I'm not surprised, but this probably means that like last time, labor is going to hit hard and strong and be over really fast (which is both good and scary). Baby only has to wait until tomorrow evening when my husband gets home. But wow, I think it may really be soon!

Im thinking so!!!!! :lostit:

popsi
07-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Yup, really sound like it! Good luck! :goodvibes:

wordbox
07-11-2012, 09:25 AM

Wow, crazy! Good luck mama!

eguisgirl
07-11-2012, 10:22 PM
When I was learning L&D it took lots of practice to figure out station, effacement and dialation. It is also quite subjective but with lots of practice becomes fairly easy. The cervixes that are hard to check are the ones that are posterior.
Mo, if your cervix is thinned out all the way that would be 100% effaced, not 0%. :)
I am glad your move went well. I had been thinking about you. :)
I have a cold and it has been quite miserable. Hot weather and a hacking cough. :(. Tomorrow, I start my 4 day work week. Booo.

wordbox
07-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Now I'm getting excited for my appointment tomorrow, to see if I've made any "progress." Which is funny because I was just telling a pregnant friend how all that stuff didn't really matter, because she was stressing that she wasn't dilated at all yet. :giggle: I don't put much emphasis on it, I know I could be dilated for weeks but I'm just so curious.

So, this is really random, but I popped over to the TTC subforum and I really miss taking pregnancy tests, lol. I don't know if we'll be done after this baby or if we'll have another, and the thought of not trying, not buying tests, not overanalyzing them to see if there's a line... just makes me kind of sad! Even though I haven't enjoyed this pregnancy very much, it's still a neat thing to go through.

jemilyon
07-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Now I'm getting excited for my appointment tomorrow, to see if I've made any "progress." Which is funny because I was just telling a pregnant friend how all that stuff didn't really matter, because she was stressing that she wasn't dilated at all yet. :giggle: I don't put much emphasis on it, I know I could be dilated for weeks but I'm just so curious.

So, this is really random, but I popped over to the TTC subforum and I really miss taking pregnancy tests, lol. I don't know if we'll be done after this baby or if we'll have another, and the thought of not trying, not buying tests, not overanalyzing them to see if there's a line... just makes me kind of sad! Even though I haven't enjoyed this pregnancy very much, it's still a neat thing to go through.

I think the drive toward having babies and everything that comes with it is just part of Gods design for women. I have a friend who had her dh snipped but she says, even though she does not want another, that the desire never fully goes away. I cant tell u how many times ive talked to couples and the men are just adamant about NO MORE, but the women just smile or say they dk or def want another. I rarely hear a woman say no like a man does....unless shes been really hurt.

bohemianxchaos
07-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Im at about 2-3 cms, and nearly effaced i'd say. By my history i still have a month to go :giggle: but im not stressed. With DS2 i was at 4cms for a month before active labor.
I know i krep disappearing, life is hard to manage with two kids and work and school. DF works construction and things were touch and go for a bit until that wicked storm a couple weeks ago. Now hes wprking 16-18 hr days. No fun. Im way worn out. Ive been going through stuff this AM, having a yard sale tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DS Forum. That means my typing is probably awful. I'm sorry.

popsi
07-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Im at about 2-3 cms, and nearly effaced i'd say. By my history i still have a month to go :giggle: but im not stressed. With DS2 i was at 4cms for a month before active labor.
I know i krep disappearing, life is hard to manage with two kids and work and school. DF works construction and things were touch and go for a bit until that wicked storm a couple weeks ago. Now hes wprking 16-18 hr days. No fun. Im way worn out. Ive been going through stuff this AM, having a yard sale tomorrow.

Wow- I didn't know a woman can stay at 4 cms for so long! Don't remember my first, but by my second a day before she was born I was still only 2 cm! So, it truly doesn't mean a thing :)

Can't believe you are doing a yard sale now! I made one about a month and half ago and really wanted to make another for the leftovers, but my DH convinced me otherwise. And he is right bec. he will not be around to help and I have two other kids to take care of and MOST importantly who know when I'll be going in to labor!? It's not likely this early, I know, but I didn't want to take the chance... Anyway- good luck with your sale! Hope you make tons to be able to buy lots of fluff :thumbsup:

mama2seth&trey
07-12-2012, 08:56 AM
The cervixes that are hard to check are the ones that are posterior.

That is me. My OB had a heck of time even doing a pap on me because of how posterior it is. I do recall that last time close to birth my cervix became more anterior. It hurts to have it checked because of how far back it always is. The thing that sucks is I want to use a diva cup or the like (not post partum) but I'm afraid I won't be able to reach to get it in right, and not because I don't understand my anatomy. :D My MW hasn't checked me and I don't think she will unless I ask so I am going to let it go and not worry about it. Baby will come when it is ready and I'm not close to ready yet. I have to get the bathroom done because my husband isn't helping I am thinking I am going to ask some ladies I know if then know anything about plumbing and see if they can help me out.
I was working last night on getting our birthing room ready and all of our supplies ready. I have a nice list of stuff to look for today while garage sale-ing. Especially blankets. I was being super pickey I only wanted 100% cotton preferably organic or bamboo. I ended up with 3 cotton blankets, and 3 Adin and Anias blankets. So I need a few more. Also need peroxide, shower curtain liners, gallon ziplocks and a few other things.
Last night after getting what I have ready for birth I started cleaning the kitchen and my husband got PO'ed because I asked him to move one box. :banghead: He proceded to say that I just like to move things to move them. I was like this box has been in the kitchen for over a month and I want it upstairs where I can get to it because it has the stuff I am selling in it. He rolled his eyes and grumbled. He just threw it into the walkway instead of putting it where I asked him. MEN!!!!

eguisgirl
07-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Yeah, as you progress in labor the cervix naturally comes forward. :-) I am thankful, since my cervix is quite posterior, too! LOL

alliecatn1
07-12-2012, 12:48 PM
The thing that sucks is I want to use a diva cup or the like (not post partum) but I'm afraid I won't be able to reach to get it in right, and not because I don't understand my anatomy. :D
Your cervix should be much more accessible after baby comes. It gets tucked up there pretty good during pregnancy. I say at least try the diva cup (I've heard it takes a while to get the hang of it so keep that in mind!).

chach4
07-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Scored today at thrift store. Sometimes hospitals give big donations of supplies to one near me and I got 100 of those plastic backed, absorbant topped bed pad things... For $2. Yay. Not that ill need 100..:). But with my son, the hospital sent us home with some and we used them on our living room changing station cuz of the pee and poo explosions while changing. Which at the beginning, as new parents was handy to have a few of those.
Also got some brand new slippers for hospital(i wanted some rubbery soles ones).
Also got a small pack of heavy pads, tho I'm going to take what I get from the hospital.
I'm due end of Aug, but our Aug is so busy, I'm shooting to get EVERYTHING done by end of July. Dh and I actually sat down this am and looked at our calendars and planned "baby prep" days. So that helps me feel better with a plan.
I'm especially moody and irritable today. Dh just left for work. I think he was happy to be leaving. Ha.

chach4
07-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Scored today at thrift store. Sometimes hospitals give big donations of supplies to one near me and I got 100 of those plastic backed, absorbant topped bed pad things... For $2. Yay. Not that ill need 100..:). But with my son, the hospital sent us home with some and we used them on our living room changing station cuz of the pee and poo explosions while changing. Which at the beginning, as new parents was handy to have a few of those.
Also got some brand new slippers for hospital(i wanted some rubbery soles ones).
Also got a small pack of heavy pads, tho I'm going to take what I get from the hospital.
I'm due end of Aug, but our Aug is so busy, I'm shooting to get EVERYTHING done by end of July. Dh and I actually sat down this am and looked at our calendars and planned "baby prep" days. So that helps me feel better with a plan.
I'm especially moody and irritable today. Dh just left for work. I think he was happy to be leaving. Ha.

jemilyon
07-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Ha! There have def days around here when dh is happy to leave!!!!! Though its been better since Im no longer working.

wordbox
07-12-2012, 02:55 PM

I love the idea of scheduling "baby prep" days. I should do that with DH... he's such a pain about finding time to do these things. Or leaves things half undone. Like our basement, we did a huge purge/cleaning a couple weekends ago and it drives me crazy that it's almost done but not fully. He's been so crabby lately and working a lot, but I wish he'd just suck it up and get over it and get these last few things done. I'm tired, too, but that doesn't change that there are things that need to get done around here, or that will make life a lot easier if they are done before the baby arrives.

bohemianxchaos
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Wow- I didn't know a woman can stay at 4 cms for so long! Don't remember my first, but by my second a day before she was born I was still only 2 cm! So, it truly doesn't mean a thing :)

Can't believe you are doing a yard sale now! I made one about a month and half ago and really wanted to make another for the leftovers, but my DH convinced me otherwise. And he is right bec. he will not be around to help and I have two other kids to take care of and MOST importantly who know when I'll be going in to labor!? It's not likely this early, I know, but I didn't want to take the chance... Anyway- good luck with your sale! Hope you make tons to be able to buy lots of fluff :thumbsup:

Well, i had some preterm labor issues and prodomal labored the last month, too. I totally felt the whole 'im.gonna be pregnant foreevvvveerrr' thing.

Thanks, its mostly clothes and toys. Clutter that needs to goooo. So i can pay off my mw ;) haha.

Hopefully DF is home soon. The kids were not so good today. Also i need help moving the bedrooms around still. Does anyone have a husband i can rent out for a few hours?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DS Forum. That means my typing is probably awful. I'm sorry.

nickiep
07-12-2012, 09:02 PM
hmmmmm.. this is interesting i may just try checking mine... or not.. i dont want to freak myself out. im already pretty anxious about next month.

mommato4kids
07-13-2012, 08:44 AM
hmmmmm.. this is interesting i may just try checking mine... or not.. i dont want to freak myself out. im already pretty anxious about next month.

I hear ya!!

eguisgirl
07-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Ha! There have def days around here when dh is happy to leave!!!!! Though its been better since Im no longer working.

Oh, I am so happy for you and admittedly slightly jealous. :giggle: I have to work until August 2 (edd 8-10) in order to have my insurance cover my birth. :/

alliecatn1
07-13-2012, 11:35 AM
I cannot believe our first baby had been born! Eek! So exciting :-D

jemilyon
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh, I am so happy for you and admittedly slightly jealous. :giggle: I have to work until August 2 (edd 8-10) in order to have my insurance cover my birth. :/
I remember you mentioning this :(
I cannot believe our first baby had been born! Eek! So exciting :-D

I KNOW!!! That is so crazy to me. I just had my 35 wk appnt and Angelyn just had a baby girl!!! Was weird that her name popped into my head last night one of the times I woke up.

I have had a BAD day. Everything got screwed up bc my mw was 1 1/2 hr late this morn. I had both kids. Forces us to eat out (we were all famished and an hour from home) and I lost dds nap ti
E, which is when i recharge a bit. Ds is driving me insane. Who would ever think that a 6 yr old would be higher maintenance than my 2 yr old. He drives me crazy. I literally pray every day for patience and strength in dealing w/ him. I am counting the days til school starts for him on aug 20th. I feel awful for him...like can he tell he drives me crazy but does he still know how much I love him?? I never thought I could feel this way toward a child...but he wears me down w/ his need for attention and constant talking and boyish energy which causes broken things every day. I seriously hope ds2 is different, and yet I feel so awful about wanting that. I know Gods wisdom
Is better than mine and I should be grateful for anything I receive from him. I have some heart work to do.

chach4
07-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Scored today. Got 2 brand new (only washed) kissaluvs size 0 for 5 dollars for both. From someone on Craigslist just 5 miles from my house(which is weird cause I live in the country). She emailed me back tonight too and said she found 3 more while cleaning I can have for 7 dollars for all.
These are good diapers, right? People seem to like them?...
I thought it'd be nice to have some variety since right now in newborn/smalls all I have are aios (or stuffable aios). And prefolds but I don't think ill use em. Never did with ds and can't see us using them with this baby. I think we'd put on a big one size before a prefold. Maybe cause we never tried a prefold.
So 5 kissaluvs for $12. Not bad, eh?
And spent about 7 hrs organizing in baby room and my sons new room. Washed a lot, all clothes, bedding, Boppy and covers and carseat covers...and don't know how I acquired so many bottles but sorted all that and have a grocery bag full to put in rummage. Feels good cause I know another couple hrs and it'll be baby ready. Just have to fold and put away clothes. Makes me calmer knowing its ready. Even though babe will be in our room for awhile.
What is everyone doing this weekend?

mama2seth&trey
07-14-2012, 06:43 AM
I am working this weekend. 3rd shift. The nice thing about it is after I wake up there is several hours before I go to work so I can be mom for a while. Yesterday I dusted, swept, and mopped the livingroom. Next up is to tackle finihing the bathroom and at least getting the primer on the wall after getting all the sanding dust out of it.

bohemianxchaos
07-14-2012, 01:05 PM
I just got home from work. Have a ton of laundry to do. Dont wanna move. Such is my life. Hugs to everyone.

Oh, and also, if one.more person tells me.i look like im due 'any minute now' i might cry. I know im definitely out there with only 6 weeks til EDD but dangit :(

wordbox
07-14-2012, 03:19 PM
^ Oh, I hate those comments! There are ways to talk to someone about pregnancy without being annoying. You can't go wrong with saying someone looks great, or how cute their belly is. I also don't mind comments about being pregnant in the summer or how hot I must be. But please don't make me feel fatter than I already feel by saying anything about how I look ready to pop, or act like I should be farther along than I am. Ugh.

I had a check up yesterday, things are looking good. Heartbeat in the 140s. Blood pressure good, no concerns on my weight or anything. Not dilated (just about a fingertip) but cervix is thinning nicely. There was a bit of protein in my urine, though, so they sent it in for a urinalysis and will keep an eye on it. I had my GBS swab, too. Will hear back on everything at my appointment next week... which is also my son's two year check up! Crazy.

Speaking of that, his party is tomorrow and I'm really excited for it! Have a few last minute things to take care of tomorrow, but I'm done for the day and DH is almost done with the stuff that needs to be done outside. Our friends will be here soon and then we're going out to dinner and hanging out with them for the night. My mom is watching DS for a couple of hours so we can have a bit of free time. :)

mama2seth&trey
07-14-2012, 07:44 PM
I got asked 2 times yesterday if I was having twins. I just always want to laugh at that one.
Working on getting meals ready for the freezer for after baby is born.