PDA

View Full Version : Mini Minimalist Challenge 7/16-7/20

joeslittlewoman
07-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Mini Minimalist Challenge runs for the week, Monday-Friday, with weekends off. I will be posting the entire week of challenges in advance. I suggest, if you are able to, taking your weeks worth of donations and drop them off on Saturday/Sunday to avoid a new clutter spot. Out of sight, out of mind. Before and after pictures are great if you want to post them to inspire others. Suggestions welcome, please PM me. Lets get minimal ladies!!!

Week 18

Monday 7/16--purse purge. Clean out any extra receipts, toys, clothes, lint, lol. Purge 5 things from you purse and make sure the things you put back are tidy and necessary.

Tuesday 7/17--phone purge. Purge 5 "items". Contacts, pics, notes, old text messages or voice mails, music, ring tones, etc.

Wednesday 7/18--purge 5 things from your jewelry box. This is a great time to make sure your jewelry is well stored, organized, and out of reach of the kids.

Thursday 7/20--back yard toys. Inspect your yard for broken toys, inside toys that were smuggled our, and any outdoor toys that you aren't making use of. Get rid of broken or unloved items. This is a great time to hose off the large toys and water your lawn.

Friday 7/21--free day! Get to purging in the hot spot of your choice!

Happy purging, ladies!

**If these areas don't need attention in your home, feel free to substitute with an area that does. =-) Post here for company and encouragement!**

joeslittlewoman
07-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Today is a great day for the phone purge. I just bought my mom's phone, so I gave two to clean up. :-) I had done a purse purge a few days ago, but I'll see if anything has accumulated since.

Eta: found 8 receipts and a paystub in my purse. Cleared out my texts, some blurry photos, and several contacts on my phone :-). I'll wait until the Sim Card stuff is figured out before I clean up my new phone.

P!nkPepper
07-17-2012, 09:01 AM
I did my purse & diaper bag Sunday. Just did my phone. W00t. I'm trying to get this house in order but the family is fighting it. We have family coming this weekend (my b-day is Thursday) and they will all want to see our new place. Eek!

Jodie ~ wife & mama

joeslittlewoman
07-17-2012, 11:32 AM
I did my purse & diaper bag Sunday. Just did my phone. W00t. I'm trying to get this house in order but the family is fighting it. We have family coming this weekend (my b-day is Thursday) and they will all want to see our new place. Eek!

Jodie ~ wife & mama

Good luck! Enjoy your visit!!

AfWife8405
07-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Cleaned out my purse yesterday, thing sure do accumulate quickly in there! Today, I deleted text messages, pics & contacts on my cell.

We have a busy day today, not sure if I will get to anything else. :)

SenoraE
07-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Phone contacts purged. Hoping to do photos too! I am going to ask DH if he can help me take all the photos and movies off my phone. I have WAY too many on there & the camera hasn't been working for a couple of weeks. Maybe if I get everything off my phone it will stop freezing up every time I try to use the camera.

joeslittlewoman
07-17-2012, 03:27 PM
I just did a jewelry purge recently, but I'll see what I can come up with there. I KNOW I have a lot I don't wear (since I almost never wear jewelry), but I keep a lot of pieces around for sentimental reasons (my wedding jewelry) or just-in-case I need them for the formal events I have every year. I'm certain I can get rid of more though. gonna do tomorrow's purge quickly and try to get the common areas under control before hubby gets home.

eta: that went faster than expected. five sets of earings and two necklaces in the donate pile. I have some nicer rings and necklaces I might get rid of. Anyone know a good site for selling jewelry? yellow or white gold with ruby, emerald, etc?

SenoraE
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Anyone know a good site for selling jewelry? yellow or white gold with ruby, emerald, etc?

I would take them to TWO local jewelry places to get a quote for what they would take for gold value. Then you will know what to sell them for to try to make more. If you get no bites, then you can take them back for gold value at least!

P!nkPepper
07-17-2012, 10:45 PM
I just did a jewelry purge recently, but I'll see what I can come up with there. I KNOW I have a lot I don't wear (since I almost never wear jewelry), but I keep a lot of pieces around for sentimental reasons (my wedding jewelry) or just-in-case I need them for the formal events I have every year. I'm certain I can get rid of more though. gonna do tomorrow's purge quickly and try to get the common areas under control before hubby gets home.

eta: that went faster than expected. five sets of earings and two necklaces in the donate pile. I have some nicer rings and necklaces I might get rid of. Anyone know a good site for selling jewelry? yellow or white gold with ruby, emerald, etc?

I recently purged my jewelry & nobody would buy my earrings & rings for anything more than scrap. I decided to gift my ruby earrings to my DsD for her 17th b-day. They are lovely & she is a July baby too. They would only give me $20 for 24K earrings with REAL rubies. I went to 4 jewelers too. Nobody wants stones :cry: Hopefully it is just my area though. Good luck.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

slimy72
07-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Phone is cleaned out, I'll do my purse when I get home. I still need to catch up and do the car from last week, but it's been so hot out I haven't wanted to go out there.

slimy72
07-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Ended up working on the yard and garage with dh last night. We accomplished a lot! We are switching garbage services so for the next two weeks we have two cans and we don't want to let them go to waste so we've been filling them. Last night we filled both cans out of the garage and we managed to clear a 5 X 5 space in it. I know that doesn't sound like much but if you had any idea what it looked like before. I wish I had taken pics before we started.

joeslittlewoman
07-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Great job, slimy!

I picked up 5 pieces of trash, 4 dishes, 3 inside toys, and 2 damaged toys while the boys played outside. Need to water the lawn, still. I am super cranky, and it is super hot, so it might be a while. In addition, this house is in the trashed state the boys seem to prefer it in. Just adds to the crankiness. Argh. I think my progesterone supplements are pushing me to an unreasonable amount of crankiness. :-(

wordbox
07-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Alright, finally did a bit of purging... did my purse/wallet/etc. today, boy does stuff accumulate quickly! Threw out a bunch of receipts and reorganized. Deleted some photos and voicemails from my phone. Jewelry box is good, I did that not too long ago. Going to wait on the backyard toys, doesn't seem too cluttered back there and I will do a big purge when we empty our pool in September, and again when we have to put things away for winter.

I am hoping to finish up our basement this weekend. We had done that huge purge a few weeks ago, but never finished and it keeps getting put off. We finally have a low-key weekend without any major plans, so I'm putting DH to work so we can finish that up as well as our "get this stuff done before baby arrives" to-do list. ;)

joeslittlewoman
07-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Oooh, have a good purge weekend, wordbox! Saturday is my bday and I'm thinking of calling another work day. :-) it is my birthday, so my call, right??

We have a realtor coming over Monday to look over the house and talk to us about the selling process, what improvements are worth continuing, etc. I am hoping our house is valued high enough to recoup most the money we have put into it. We really want a house with room for this new LO and my sister, and still have space for hubby's collection. We are ready for our "forever" (or at least for the next decade or two) home.

slimy72
07-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm super cranky when I'm on progesterone too, which is the second half of every month. I hate it. DH is still going on the garage. I've been begging him to clean it so I can park in it for years. He got a four wheeler last week, suddenly he's motivated to clean it because he wants his four wheeler in the garage. But he was super good to say, don't worry I'm making enough room for your car too. Well, at least something motivated him!

joeslittlewoman
07-19-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm super cranky when I'm on progesterone too, which is the second half of every month. I hate it. DH is still going on the garage. I've been begging him to clean it so I can park in it for years. He got a four wheeler last week, suddenly he's motivated to clean it because he wants his four wheeler in the garage. But he was super good to say, don't worry I'm making enough room for your car too. Well, at least something motivated him!

That sounds like a win-win :-) I am anxious to get my garage back, too!

Thanks for sharing about your crankiness. I was almost certain it was the progesterone, but I haven't known anyone else that has taken it. I felt so unlike myself this morning. I think with yds I only took 100mg. This 200mg is kicking my butt.

slimy72
07-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Cranky isn't all it makes me. I get headaches and get dizzy with it to. I'm super tired when I take it. And just a grouch in general. Sad thing is the clomid I take at the beginning of my cycle has very similar effects. Then of course AF itself stinks too. I really only have one good week a month. It stinks for sure.

joeslittlewoman
07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Cranky isn't all it makes me. I get headaches and get dizzy with it to. I'm super tired when I take it. And just a grouch in general. Sad thing is the clomid I take at the beginning of my cycle has very similar effects. Then of course AF itself stinks too. I really only have one good week a month. It stinks for sure.

((HUGS)). that sounds tough, mama. :-( I will quit complaining about being tired and cranky. Baby dust to you!!

SenoraE
07-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Deleted over 200 photos from my phone, and I only got to October 2011. I will keep working on it tomorrow, I hope!! I also did the broom closet / pantry and turned it BACK into a broom closet by taking out the pantry shelves. Not the vacuum and steam mop fit in there easily, and it makes me happy to open the door to it. It still has cans on the shelves attached to the inside of the door, but otherwise it's not a pantry anymore. :) Next stop: shelves above the stairs on the way down to the basement. I only have the summer to work on really getting every inch of this house cleaned out before school/work starts again, and I'm back to accumulating mode for the year. Ha. This year it will be a lot LESS - that I assure you! I am just loving the house cleaned out! So much so that I am SEARCHING for places that haven't been done yet! Hence the basement stairs are up tomorrow! :)

joeslittlewoman
07-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Spent a lot of time cleaning up my mom's phone today. I think I've got all of her stuff off of it now. Wiped my phone completely clean and might sell it back to AT&T.

It is crazy hot today. Ugh. Think it is supposed to peak at 107. I would love to do something fun, but I don't want to leave the house again, lol.