PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT! (NIP)

Mommyof2boys
05-30-2007, 09:45 AM
LOL...Ok, I'm so proud of myself...I am a totally backwards person, but yesterday, a lactation consultant showed me how to nurse in my ringsling...and I did!! All around a store!!

Then I found a pouch sling..LOL..and bought one and fell totally in love with it! And she didn't have to show me how to nurse in that one, I figured it out...and then later that day at a Dr appt, I nursed in it...a family came in, and the man kinda looked at me then quickly glanced away...but I was ok...granted it was a bit awkward, as he was sitting right next to me, but oh well, I did it, and baby was happy, finally!!

Just wanted to share!! I was so excited to have accomplished it, I was so afraid to NIP with my first!

kannondicarpo
05-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Yay mama. I am so happy for you.

I was really scared the first time too but I've done it a few times now.

AmandaS
05-30-2007, 09:54 AM
WTG! You'll find it gets easier with practice and gets much easier when baby is old enough to latch on without assistance.

liztiara84
05-30-2007, 09:56 AM
WTG! You'll find it gets easier with practice and gets much easier when baby is old enough to latch on without assistance.

Yup! Around 3 months it got SUPER easy for me!

Congratulations, too! The first time is the hardest!

rlsadc
05-30-2007, 10:21 AM
woo hoo! wtg! doesnt it feel great?

BRIDEN
05-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Thats awesome- I wish I had someone show me a sling when my LO was younger. He was a fit unless he was nursing.. I spent a lot of time hiding in places to nurse ;)

aimeejf
05-30-2007, 10:32 AM
WTG! It really is a liberating feeling. I don't even give it a second thought anymore - wherever we are when he needs to eat - that's where he eats. I was the same way with my DD, although she was probably 4 months old before I was brave enough to do it for the first time - but after that, there was no looking back!

jaceraden
05-30-2007, 11:26 AM
WTG Mama!

After a while you won't give it a second thought!

haynmama
05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
I have NIP anxiety. And I have 3 kids! :confused: All my DC hate having anything cover them and they get all sweaty, too. I just gave up altogether and find somewhere private to do it. I must try the RS, it seems the safest. Hooterhiderz are not working w/us.

jessicap
05-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Way to Go!!!! :thumbsup:

I also wish that someone would have shown me how to nurse in my ring sling with my first son. But no one did, I finally learned how to nurse in it with Landyn and that is after almost 3 years of using the sling...lol

Isn't it great too to have a place to come and cheer yourself on with mommas who will support you and get you on this?!! I know I was always hiding to nurse until I came on here and realized that there was nothing shameful about it!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!:lostit:

AbbigailnKalebsmommy
05-30-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm new to this forum/site. But have been EBFing my daughter for just over 8 months and have NIP from day 1 or atleast whenever we went anywhere from day 1. I was slightly nervous at the beginning but became more and more comfy with it very quickly. DD hates being covered up as well and sweats so bad when she is that I had to invest ALOT of money in nursing clothes. For anyone that is apprehensive it's worth it. I purchased most of mine at motherwear.com and even used my husbands "wife beaters" to layer and I would cut slits in them so my baby belly wouldn't show when I lifted my top shirt. Well now that I've rambled WTG on your first NIP experience you'll only get more and more comfortable with it!

Amy
Kaleb 8/13/05 and Abbigail 9/23/06

Psychomom
05-30-2007, 06:55 PM
That's great! LOVE your baby's name, BTW! ;)

somersocial
05-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Way to go mama! I am one of the mamas who struggle with NIP. I have nursed over 27 months now between our 2 dd's and I just can't do it. I have very large breasts and I think that is part of my problem. I love hearing of mamas who have done it successfully! Great job! :thumbsup:

dbassett
05-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Congrats!!! I still haven't figured out how to nurse in a carrier lol.

mrsbehaven007
05-30-2007, 07:31 PM
:yay: good job mama...

lunamoth
05-30-2007, 08:29 PM
YAY!!!!!!!
Congratulations, that is great!

:happyclap: :happyclap: :happyclap:

Wish I could say the same. I have not seen anyone around here NIP, plus my DD is so NOISY and insists on a nipple shield, and my boobs are huge, so things get very messy. BF is a major undertaking here in this house, LOL. I can't imagine trying it in a sling. But we do ok in the back seat of the car! :laugh:

It just pisses me off to look at a Motherwear catalogue with those women holding baby up to breast easily with one hand and nothing showing or leaking or falling off and no one screaming, LOL. :lostit:

togg_mama
05-30-2007, 08:32 PM
You got Mama! :goodvibes:

Amanda2319
05-31-2007, 03:43 AM
That's great!! I am finding NIP to be easier. DD is 8 1/2 months, and she latches on much faster, and she's comfortable in the mei tai. I think I am more comfortable, too, finally:)

*KaiMom*
05-31-2007, 04:00 AM
It's so liberating isn't it? I felt less tied down because I know I could do it anywhere!!!!!! RS are awesome for "hiding" things.

BelovedBird
05-31-2007, 04:17 AM
Good for you!!! :D

lilmama2dsndd
05-31-2007, 04:18 AM
great job mama!