PDA

View Full Version : dh and nip

mama23boys
04-27-2006, 04:16 PM
:laugh: today after lunch we walked down the street so i could buy TTO, on the way back we stopped at a bicyle store. ds was already getting fussy and i KNEW he needed to eat well the min we get in there he lets loose. i get him out the MT as quick as i could and got him latched on as discreetly and quickly as i could. no one saw anything and beside whats another boob shot, right?! lol well dh noticed what i was doing and i he had the look of OMG!!!:giggle: anyways i FINALLY nip'd in public with no cover WOOHOO!!!

ltelly00
04-27-2006, 10:47 PM
:happyclap: Yeah for you! Trust me, DH's get used to it. At least mine did and at first he'd move the car out to the boondocks if I was nursing in a parking lot. Then it got to the point that I don't think he even noticed!

Prettylocks
04-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Woo Hoo! What's another boob shot? LOL

Kele
04-28-2006, 05:36 AM
Yay for you! Almost opens up another world!

marymom
04-28-2006, 06:32 AM
:yay: :goodjob:

Shaineinok
04-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Good for you! I aways used my stratigicaly to hide getting latched on.

loni1090
04-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Yeah!! The more you do it, the less you will even think about it

bfoster2000
04-28-2006, 07:24 AM
In the beginning dh was freaked out about me nursing anywhere even remotely public...he didn't even want me nursing outside when we were bbq'ing because one of the neighbors might see. I tried to be respectful of his feelings while keeping in mind that the baby was the one that really mattered. One night we were in a restaurant and I told dh that he'd better hurry up because the baby was getting hungry and I didn't figure he wanted me to "whip it out" in there. He just shrugged and said "Whatever...you do what you gotta do." After that, he never seemed to have any problem with it anywhere. They grow up fast (dh's that is!)

Congrats though...it is liberating, isn't it?

mama23boys
04-28-2006, 12:57 PM
it is!!! i dont have to worry about grabbing something to cover with....now all i need is cell, keys, baby, dipes and MT----woohoo!!:D dh is slowly getting better about it too. at first he was uncomfortable w/me covered up but that went away, so on to the nxt thing.

mommy2zander
04-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Yay! Good for you!! :D

wbkt8
04-28-2006, 06:03 PM
wtg! my dh has always been really good about me & nip. he certainly never had an "issue" with it that i'm aware of. and esp. in the beginning he was good about helping me while i was learning to be discrete. that gets easier & harder as your child gets older. i know when dd was really little i couldn't latch her without watching what i was doing. as she got older that became less of a problem, but now we have the shirt lifting/popping off b/c something interesting is going on in the background problem. :lostit:

bethanyjoy
04-28-2006, 06:22 PM
LOL I remember how one day I realized I was nursing my youngest in the middle of a busy McDonald's while I helped my then-toddler eat lunch...surrounded by highschoolers...no cover of any sort since DS would wave it around like a flag...and realized, hey, I don't even care! LOL I actually think that it's often more discreet to just lift the shirt a bit and latch them on, kwim? Most people don't even realize.

It's totally liberating. WTG!!!!!!!

Mount*n*sunshine
04-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Good for you! I find I am actually more shy now that I am a nursing mama. :laugh: Heres a tip:
Next time baby needs a sip in public just support him with one arm in the mt losen the straps and slide him down a bit lower and more to your hip. Tie the mt there and latch baby on. The mt covers a heck of a lot. hth
Sarah

mama23boys
04-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Good for you! I find I am actually more shy now that I am a nursing mama. :laugh: Heres a tip:
Next time baby needs a sip in public just support him with one arm in the mt losen the straps and slide him down a bit lower and more to your hip. Tie the mt there and latch baby on. The mt covers a heck of a lot. hth
Sarah

tks sarah i will try that nxt time:mrgreen:

Abunchofus
05-05-2006, 11:07 AM
What's an MT?

I nip all the time but 99% of the time covered by a blanket. But you ladies make a very good point - me nursing without a cover I still show FAR less than a lot of the girls with low cut blouses!

dirtdartwife
05-05-2006, 11:45 AM
What's an MT?

I nip all the time but 99% of the time covered by a blanket. But you ladies make a very good point - me nursing without a cover I still show FAR less than a lot of the girls with low cut blouses!

MT: Mai Tai... a type of baby carrier... looks like a snugglie with tied straps. They're AWESOME!!!

You make a very valid point about what other people are wearing. I've had a young girl make a comment to me about the "possiblity of my nipple showing" and as she said it, my oldest (being the smart aleck she is... wonder where she gets that from :giggle: ) goes "Huh? My mom show her boobs? Kinda like what you're doing?" and points to her VERY low cut super skin tight shirt. Oh I could have died from laughter. My 6 yr old daughter was like :lemmeathim: It was funny!

ewebabymama
05-05-2006, 01:54 PM
:cheer: way to go mama!!!

mama23boys
05-05-2006, 02:24 PM
thats so cute!!! gotta agree though-the stuff some girls wear can be so revealing that nip'ing is nothing bc we at least make an effort NOT to flash the world our boobs-yes it my happen on accident but they arent always hanging out the top of a blouse all the time!

negrapy
05-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Congrads!
I used to be so nervous, but my little man is so demanding when he decides he wants to eat, screaming almost immediately and pushing his body back into position...and he used to want to suck for at least an hour... so if i couldn't in public i couldn't go anywhere. now he wants to latch on and see the world, very difficult task to accomplish, but i digress. my husband always has been suportive...actually its me that gets tired of whipping out my boob, esp. in public. But a baby's gotta eat! What i found works the best is to use a tanktop i can pull down under a shirt i can pull up, or the opposite way around. Then i don't need a blanket and above and below are covered so i don't have to share so much of me with the whole world. i was nursing at church one day and the pastor's wife asked whose baby i was holding...so that counts for discret, right ;)

mama23boys
05-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Congrads!
I used to be so nervous, but my little man is so demanding when he decides he wants to eat, screaming almost immediately and pushing his body back into position...and he used to want to suck for at least an hour... so if i couldn't in public i couldn't go anywhere. now he wants to latch on and see the world, very difficult task to accomplish, but i digress. my husband always has been suportive...actually its me that gets tired of whipping out my boob, esp. in public. But a baby's gotta eat! What i found works the best is to use a tanktop i can pull down under a shirt i can pull up, or the opposite way around. Then i don't need a blanket and above and below are covered so i don't have to share so much of me with the whole world. i was nursing at church one day and the pastor's wife asked whose baby i was holding...so that counts for discret, right ;)

i would say it counts :thumbsup: its funny bc i FINALLY get the discreet nursing with no cover down and suddenly he decides that the wants to watch the world AND try to nurse. now i'm finding a blanket is quite usefull again-LOL!

leave it to babies to change things all up when you think you have it down:giggle:

ChurchPunkMom
05-18-2006, 11:24 AM
You go girl!:thumbsup:
One of my favorite shirts that I've seen says "I nurse in public. Don't like it? Feel free to put a blanket over your head!"

I can't stand nursing covered and none of my kids have been able to stand it either. Plus, if I'm going to toss a blanket over myself and my baby to nurse, I may as well hold up a sign that says "Hey, I'm nursing!". When I nurse uncovered, hardly anyone even knows. I can't even count how many times people have come up to say "Hi" to me at church while I was feeding a baby and said "Oh, I didn't even know you were nursing!":giggle:

Cindy
05-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Good Job Mama!

I was more scared when NIP with my 1st. Now this one, I don't care where I am I will nurse him. Walking around the mall even. lol Thankfully DH just says they are boobs and doesn't see anything wrong with it...at least he doesn't tell me. ;)

newlywaaz
06-17-2006, 10:16 PM
"kinda like what you're doing?!"

LOL!!!

That's great...

Gavin&Brent'sMommy
06-17-2006, 10:44 PM
I did today too I'll post a seperate thread for my story :giggle:

Gavin&Brent'sMommy
06-17-2006, 10:45 PM
MT: Mai Tai... a type of baby carrier... looks like a snugglie with tied straps. They're AWESOME!!!

You make a very valid point about what other people are wearing. I've had a young girl make a comment to me about the "possiblity of my nipple showing" and as she said it, my oldest (being the smart aleck she is... wonder where she gets that from :giggle: ) goes "Huh? My mom show her boobs? Kinda like what you're doing?" and points to her VERY low cut super skin tight shirt. Oh I could have died from laughter. My 6 yr old daughter was like :lemmeathim: It was funny!
:spit: that's great :D