PDA

View Full Version : Silicone Breast Pads?

grantsmamma
04-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Has anyone tried these? It sounds very counter-intuitive to me to put silicone on my boobs to stop leaks--I'm not really sure i should be stopping the leaks. that being said, i have yet to find a cloth breastpad that can hold back my waterfall, and i have resorted to sposies, which i really don't like to do!! (anyway, don't most people put silicone inside their boobs, not outside?!!! :giggle: )

shandi
04-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Are you talking about those Lilypadz things (I think that's what they're called)?
You're right they do sound a little strange ;)
I don't have an answer for you, but I've thought about trying those as well because I have the same problem on one side only! Darn leaky boobs!
I've resorted to using disposable ones on the bad side when I go out anywhere, but I'd much rather use something reusable.
I'm interested to hear what others have to say about this, thanks for asking!

bethanyjoy
04-29-2006, 04:39 PM
I haven't used these personally, but I do plan on getting some for after the baby.

From what I've read, they're best used for shorts amount of time only...for example, you're out shopping for the morning and want something that's not going to give you that lovely "bullseye", hey-I'm-wearing-a-nursing-pad look under your tee, kwim? These are supposed to be really discreet, no slipping, and they prevent leakage by applying gentle pressure on the nipple - kinda like crossing your arms over your boobs when you feel a letdown. LOL

If you use them for extended periods of time, you can run into issues with blocked ducts, etc., because they don't allow milk to escape the breast...and leaking is your body's way of eliminating any excess that it needs to. So all day wear or overnight would probably not be a great idea.

HTH!

grantsmamma
04-29-2006, 04:43 PM
thanks! that is very helpful--especially since the ad i saw recommended them for overnight! what you're saying makes much more sense! maybe i'll give em' a shot, but i'm still searching for an awesome cloth breast pad for super leakers!!

bethanyjoy
04-29-2006, 04:49 PM
LMK what you find for cloth breast pads! LOL I'd love to find something good.

I had one pair of the Bravado terry breastpads with the stay-dry mesh lining, they were super comfy! The stay-dry mesh was very nice. I just never felt comfortable wearing them in public (other than under a big sweater LOL). Oh, I tried the Kushies kind of cloth breastpads - not worth the money, IMO, they were bulky and a bit uncomfy, and VERY obvious. Just my :2cents: :thumbsup:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
04-29-2006, 05:18 PM
i used the lily padz, they dont work too well imo, i had alot of leaking through them, like the milk would come out underneath and ugh it was always a mess, but only when i was full.they actualy work good for overnight. i love my hemp pads i got from little lambs, they are soft and discreet, very nice.
I have a pair fs if your interested, just let me know, pm me:mrgreen:

artemis33
04-30-2006, 04:00 PM
I have some Lilypadz and I like them. I mostly only use them for "going out" when I want a smooth look - they are great for that! I've only had a leak when I didn't stick them on very well (try waiting a little while after showering so your skin isn't moist) or if I got really engorged.

Other times I just use cotton or wool pads. I like that they are breathable and that if my breasts *need* to release some milk they are able to.

patty_o_furniture
04-30-2006, 05:07 PM
I have some lilipadz but didn't like them. I was a big leaker too and it would never fail that there would be a little air pocket right around the nipple and it would fill with milk and break the suction of the pad. These would not be good for the first few weeks or us moms who are 'waterfall leakers'. I did use them still when I went out for dinner (or something) wearing something nice that I didn't want the breastpad look for, and it was good for those small outtings, but I wouldn't recommend them for your only breastpad.

Mommameyer00
04-30-2006, 08:56 PM
I have some Lilypadz and I loved them. I was a horrible leaker. I would have to use two sposie or WAHM breastpads at a time on one breast :giggle: . I bought them to try them out because they were reuseable and trim. Overnight, swimming, and out-about they held up! I don't use them barely at all now that my supply is established but I highly recommend them. :thumbsup:

HTH!