PDA

View Full Version : bac out?

jn__
09-06-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm dealing with a sudden-onset stink... more like a demonic possession. Nothing I do gets this funk out, I think I've just hit a patch of bad water. :banghead: (we have a well)

anyway I acquired some bac out and plan to spray some stained diapers, but can someone tell me how much to use and how to use it if I wanted to try to get the stink out of the whole load?

typical wash is a cold rinse, hot wash and 2 cold rinses. (4 fills total) I put nothing in the cold rinse, charlie's in the hot wash, and nothing in the 2 rinses. When would I add the bac out? do I soak it? how long?

Thanks!

jn__
09-06-2007, 01:38 PM
:bump:

I know a ton of you use bac out, no one can help me?

jn__
09-06-2007, 01:39 PM
:bump:

I know a ton of you use bac out, no one can help me?

mhaddon
09-06-2007, 01:41 PM
:popcorn: I have some on the way, would like to know too!

jn__
09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
:cry:

Sarah70
09-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't use Bac-out for diapers, just for mom pads. I just squirt it right on the soiled area.
I need to ask what kinda diapers are you useing are the Hemp?

Sarah

jn__
09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
no, fleece and microfiber inerts. some hemp inserts but the hemp isn't what smells... it's the synthetics (and I'm not going to stop using synthetics, we've tried that it just didnt work :laugh:)

Sarah70
09-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Have tyou ever used Vinegar or backing soda?
Baking soda in the wash and vinegar in the rinse?

hackermd
09-06-2007, 03:28 PM
I put two cap fulls in a medium size wash to keep my diapers fresh. I do a cap full on a small wash with just the problem diapers and soak over night. (King sized wash I do 3 capfuls) It says it right on the bottle that diapers should be soaked overnight. Then I was in JUST dawn or RLR after the soak. Now this is the most important part... You've got to take out the problem ones, sit them down and give them a good talking to... threaten to burn them if they don't start smelling good. Always works for me. :mrgreen:

hth.

yotricia02
09-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I use Bac out for EVERYTHING I think it works great. We have soft water though. I just spray it on 15 mins before everything goes in the wash.

joyful mother
09-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Now this is the most important part... You've got to take out the problem ones, sit them down and give them a good talking to... threaten to burn them if they don't start smelling good. Always works for me. :mrgreen:

hth.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

also you want to use it in cold as it is enzyme based and hot water destroys enzymes, that's why they suggest some raw food at every meal for digestion, enzymes.

jn__
09-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks! I'm going to have to have an exorcism :)

I do plan to spray some dirty ones as they go in the pail and hope that fixes the stains. I'll put the bac out in a cold soak before my wash, is that right? I have no problems soaking overnight. The bottle does say that but says nothing about HOW MUCH :laugh:

baking soda/vinegar dont' do anything. I want to try the bac out and if it's not a miracle for me, I can still use it around the house for other things if it doesn't work out.

Tiredmama
09-06-2007, 04:59 PM
You could try a different detergent also. I use tide occasionally and it gets the diapers to smell quite nice.

Malissa

lilybug
09-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I've been pleased with bac-out. I do as a pp said and put it on the stain and let it sit a little prior to washing. Never used it in the washer itself, but I may give that a try

jn__
09-06-2007, 05:41 PM
tide doesn't work. everything but charlie's leaves a waxy residue I can feel. I am only looking to see how much bac out is too much :giggle:

I know someone who uses tide and her diapers smell awesome.. but mine just smell assy after being used :(

The charlie's works great on everything BUT my microfiber. Granted microfiber is EVIL but it shouldn't be this hard! :(