PDA

View Full Version : Finding it hard~~!!

heatherwells
09-24-2007, 09:21 AM
I make and sell bull nettle necklaces for teething and until recently I ONLY sold on the reservation here. But I'd like to start selling these online. No one seems interested!!! Am I doing something wrong? They do really work- my whole family has used them for as long as anyone can remember. In fact I have made a few for my own baby. Any advice girls?

lilmama2dsndd
09-24-2007, 09:23 AM
I have never heard of them, I know about amber teething necklaces, maybe give some links that give information about using them for teething purposes to generate some interest, we have lots of mamas that prefer to use natural teething products :goodvibes:

Julie K
09-24-2007, 09:23 AM
I have never heard of them, I know about amber teething necklaces, maybe give some links that give information about using them for teething purposes to generate some interest, we have lots of mamas that prefer to use natural teething products :goodvibes:

I agree - I saw your other post, but know nothing about them...

heatherwells
09-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't know of any links. I've attempted to research the idea--but I came up with only one link and it's not really all that interesting. I'm a Cherokee Indian and this is a very common practice here. I was suprised of the lack of info on it honestly.

heatherwells
09-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Well here's the story--bull nettle is a root. It grows in the wild. You pull the weed and use the root. It's semi hard. Anyway--the cherokee indians always use(d) herbs etc...so what you do is bead the root and it sorta works like amber necklaces. However- I did try the amber it wasn't for us. So i used the bull nettle. I don't know what the difference is in them really. Here is the only info i can find http://www.cherokeebyblood.com/medicine.htm
All I know is it's a old idea and it's been working for well over 100 years LOL

Julie K
09-24-2007, 09:39 AM
I would include that info when you list them for testing or whatever so that people know what they are :)

I'd test them but my dd is all done with teething :)

heatherwells
09-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Ok--just an update: I got a pm (thanks mama) about them being poisionis--well there are different kinds of nettle- this one isn't a poision as far as I'm told. I'm sure if you eat the plant it is poision. They fit snug and go under the shirt--so the baby isn't able to put it in their mouths, so I don't know. I'm going to call the medicine man and speak to him-- but these things sell like crazy here and i've never ever heard one complaint about them. In fact I've sold probably 10,000 of these locally--i'll update when i find out something.

sunflowerjrm
04-28-2011, 06:29 PM
are you still selling the bull nettle necklace? my son is 14 months old with NO teeth. he is currently getting like 8 all at the same time. He is not feeling well at all and has a fever. I feel bad giving him motrin all day long. Someone I have met is Cherokee and she uses this for her babies.

Thanks

Jamie