PDA

View Full Version : 5 Days early VS. Other Preg tests

Luvinmy3weeones
09-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I tried searching this first, but there were SO MANY HITS that weren't related.

Are the tests that claim to be able to detect 5 days early actually more accurate/sensitive than the normal ept, walmart or dollar store ones (meaning any that don't claim to be the early ones)?

Yes?
No?
Depends? Please explain.

mengmommy
09-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Check out www.peeonastick.com She has the units that they measure in. The lower the number the more sensitive.

Luvinmy3weeones
09-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Thank you! I am checking out the site. Looks like FRER is the best of them.

amegrl520
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
That site is the best! I know she loves the FRER tests, but I swear buy the answer ones. They are like half the cost and they look exactly the same!

l_Kimmie_l
09-24-2007, 12:49 PM
It depends. They are actually detectible at 25 miu/ml...which depending on when you implant, how fast your hCG rises, and many other biological issue can not give you an early BFP. I implant on 11-12 DPO and have a slow rise...so I am not detectible till 15 DPO...even on the most sensitive of sticks.

It is a individual thing for all women.

TwinKristi
09-24-2007, 12:50 PM
:yeahthat:
I got a BFP w/ a FRER at 8-9dpo and an entire week later an u/s still didn't show much more than a gestational sac & yolk sac. My hcg count wasn't very high either so they thought maybe I was having a m/c but in fact it was just a REALLY early BFP!

1blessedmama
09-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Thank you! I am checking out the site. Looks like FRER is the best of them.

I agree with the PP. Go with Answer instead! I absolutely despise FRE. In nearly 4 years, every time I've used them while pg. they've given me my latest and lightest lines, while Answer gave me early DARK ones.

ETA- Answer is cheaper, too. :)

l_Kimmie_l
09-24-2007, 03:25 PM
FRER and Answer give me both the same results. The brand that you prefer will be as individual as when DPO you get a BFP.