PDA

View Full Version : BabyTalk Magazine

skayers01
07-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Does anyone else get BabyTalk in the mail? I got mine today and it was nearly all about bf'ing! The front cover even had a beautiful bf picture! Although I think it was nice to give the topic of bf'ing so much attention, I think they could have focused a little more on the positives. It was in no way negative, but they did a pole on why women stop bf'ing and then elaborated on the reasons and gave info on how to help solve whatever problem it was. I would have liked to see a pole on why women love to bf and how they received help or overcame difficulties. Although I did find out that it is not illegal to breastfeed anywhere in the US as of 2006. And one state even has a card you can carry and if someone ever approaches you, you can pull out your little card that says you have a right to feed your baby in public and to pipe down! I'm sure it's worded a little differently though. LOL Anyway, just thought I'd share! Peace out! LOL I'm a dork!

lizanneh
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
I've been so annoyed at BT Mag for giving wrong or one-sided information that it was wonderful to get this issue yesterday. I think the article is pretty appropriate for the magazine's audience. I mean, it's not Mothering, right? Anyway, this is a huge step in the right direction. And did you notice there's only one formula ad in the whole mag this month? There were tons for BF-related products.

Yay for Babytalk!

counterGOPI
07-21-2006, 09:40 AM
sned them emails at: letters@babytalk.com
i already sent them one saying thank you!! we need to do this b/c you knw theyll get lots of negative ones :(

Kimmomy2dom
07-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't think I got that mag anymore after my son turned one, but that's AWESOME! I always hate how many formula ads were in the mags! Honestly, when I put my son on formula those ads did nothing for me anyway. :rolleyes:
Parenting type magazines are doing alot better lately, I wonder if it's from all the talk about bfing in public, etc? A mag (forget which one) I got a few weeks ago had a very short (but still there) article on bfing multiples.

skayers01
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
The cover alone was a big step in the right direction, imo. It was beautiful.

I send out a thank you as well!

skayers01
07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I've been so annoyed at BT Mag for giving wrong or one-sided information that it was wonderful to get this issue yesterday. I think the article is pretty appropriate for the magazine's audience. I mean, it's not Mothering, right? Anyway, this is a huge step in the right direction. And did you notice there's only one formula ad in the whole mag this month? There were tons for BF-related products.

Yay for Babytalk!

You're right. Considering the negative feedback they risk receiving, I think the articles were appropriatly wriitten. I didn't take into consideration that not all of their readers support breastfeeding. I thought it was wonderful that there was more than just one tiny article saying something about breastfeeding and baby's immune system. This had so more more info and addressed many problems mamas face when breastfeeding. Hopefully, it will be looked at in a positive way that helps new moms to breastfeed instead of causing a lot of neg. feedback for them! :thumbsup:

cam&kat's_mom
07-21-2006, 12:54 PM
YUP I got it and was thrilled to see that nursing baby on teh cover!!
It really was a big step for them. As i usually toss the trash in teh trash! But i had ot read when i saw the cover. It was a pretty decent issue actually. A few times I though when I was reading thorugh.. hmmm maybe soem positive things to encourage breastfeed would be good .. but hey as some oen else said "It's not Mothering " But nice to see regardless :)

MommyMommyMommy
07-21-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm so glad you posted about this! I was thrilled to see the beautiful picture on the cover (I was going to scan it in and paste it here but I'm a dork and I can't get our scanner to work!).

I haven't read the articles yet but I'm just glad that breastfeeding is getting so much positive attention!

lizanneh
07-21-2006, 04:30 PM
You don't have to scan it in, it's on their site:
http://www.parenting.com/parenting/babytalk/channel

mama23boys
07-21-2006, 06:10 PM
does anyone have a copy of the magizine that they would be willing to pass on?? i can pay postage for it!

skayers01
07-22-2006, 03:21 AM
You can have mine! i'll pm you!