PDA

View Full Version : Diaper'n'Diva

mommy21princess
10-03-2007, 07:39 AM
I don't know how to quote but I read this:

I'm doing the same with my 1 year old right now... but it's been 3 weeks of me trying to get her back on. I offer several times a day... she's just not interested. I've tried pumping but I can't get anything. I'm so afraid of losing my supply and then she decides to come back to the breast and I have nothing.

Hey momma I just wanted to let you know that I know how hard it is going though what your dealing with. Keep this up!! My dd did this for about 3 months. It would be GREAT one day and then the next she'd fuss at every feeding. I just stuck it out. I KNEW after tons of reading and research that she really STILL needed the bm and I wanted to give it to her. Have you tried nursing in the night time? I know that's when my dd would nurse the best. I have a very light sleeper, I cna't do anythingwith her asleep but I would go in and get her out of her crib, rock and nurse her and she'd ACTUALLY eat then. I also DID NOT offer her any other milk at that time. She got her normal VERY SMALL meals since she was just startingsolid meals at 12months and water with those meals then the sippy cup was put away. I tried to take away anything that gave her sucking abilities. WE also started nursing in the shower. She would ALWAYS nurse in the shower even if she wasn't that hungry or had been fussy. She will still try to nurse in the shower now! :) It worked though. I just kept up the HARD work of trying to get her back to the breast and eventually it paid off. I bet it will for you too if you keep it up. It is VERY hard though at that age. Also remember theywill cut back. I know that was one of the hardest things to get into my head. I had to realize that she was cutting back as well as striking. SO I tried to offer it often, BUT not too often, does that make since? Hope so!! Keep up the work!!
BTW I'd keep pumping too even if you aren't getting anything it is stimulating your body to tell it to make milk. I wasn't getting ANYTHIHNG during that time with the pump either so I'd just leave it on/behind the couch with the SAME bottle attached like ALL day long and just pump and dump what ever couple of drops I did get. I did work though. Good luck!! ((hugs)) PM me if you have ANY questions or want to just COMPLAIN about the work! :) :laugh:

Craftin'Diva
10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Aww thanks... sorry I just now saw this :) We're still toughing it out. She nursed last night for almost an hour. She has NEVER done that so I was quite happy. She nursed again this morning and I'm hoping to get one more in at nap time... 3 times in a day would be the most she has done in almost a month now! YAY! I'm just SO not ready to give this up yet. I did get my pump out as well... it's such a pain though, literly, lol. Oh well, anything for my girl :)

Thanks again!

mommy21princess
10-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Awe that's GREAT. I know what you mean about a pain. I felt the exact way, I really give KUDOS to those pumpers out there, they are AWESOME!!
Stick it out momma, it really is worth it in the end!! I'm glad she nursed so long, she may surprise you and start coming back QUICKER than you think!!
((hugs))

mayrain
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
YAY!!!!