PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone found non-toxic cosmetics?

1happymama
07-22-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm in search of good non-toxic cosmetics that actually work. I've found wonderful skin and hair care products at Aubrey Organics but am nervous to try the makeup. (They sent a sample lip color that gives color for about 5 minutes) Unfortunately, I'm not the kind of gal that can pull off "make-up free". That's been my look lately but it's definitely not working. :laugh: Does anyone have any recommendations for good quality products that aren't loaded with toxins? Thanks.

OneFabMama
07-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I really love my Burts Bees make up, but I dont know how natural that is. pretty natural as far as i know?

SheilaJoy
07-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Arbonne and Melaleuca have natural makeup, I've heard good things about both.

trishmom2five
07-22-2006, 06:16 PM
I use a lot of the Melaleuca, it's worked great for me.

smapple
07-22-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't wear make up, but my mom and sister both use Melaleuca and have been very happy with it.

anna.worley
07-22-2006, 07:06 PM
I LOVE Bare Ecentuals-Bare Minerals!!!!! I have never worn a makeup I've liked til now and this is it! I don't know how natural the mascara is but the powders are all ground minerals, and they look fab!

betty_joanne
07-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Currently using covergirl trublend(doubt that is non-toxic) as a base, pure luxe minerals blush, and pure luxe mineral foundation. No cover up and no powder. I have to layer due to still having acne at the age of 26:blush:

hotmamabrew
07-22-2006, 07:19 PM
I am a big fan of Bare Minerals. http://www.bareminerals.com/ From what I understand, it is all natural minerals with no fillers! My skin has drastically improved since I've started using it. Because there are no fillers it is not able to be compacted. So all of the make up is in a loose powder form! I reall like it. I'm sorry to say, I'm not seeking organic products, so this may not work for you, but it is a good alternative to 99% of the make-up out there! I hope this helps. All the best!:thumbsup:

1happymama
07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks mamas!! It's definitely helpful to get your recommendations. With so much out there...some natural & some claiming to be...it can be a bit crazy (& expensive!!!) It's good to know what's worked for others.

Hayley
07-22-2006, 07:41 PM
Bare Minerals
great but some times I find that it burns my skin!

TexasLea
07-24-2006, 11:12 AM
I use Bare Escentuals/ Bare Minerals too and love it. I recently read though that mineral makeups are actually lab created because there is too much gunk in the ground for them to actually go out there and dig the stuff up. There is a lot of harsh heavy metals in the ground that would be toxic if absorbed through the skin. I also understand that they radiate the minerals to make all those pretty colors. Now who is to say how much of what we read anywhere is true? That all may be so or it may be thrown out there by Maybelline or Revlon to get folks not to buy the mineral stuff.
Whatever the case, I like this stuff better than the supermarket stuff or any expensive line of liquid makeup (Mary Kay, Estee Lauder, Merle Norman etc.)I've ever tried. :)

Lea

tlj
07-24-2006, 11:35 AM
I really like Sheer Miracle minerals. They are very reasonable in price and they offer samples so you aren't stuck with colors that won't work for you. They also don't have some of the unnecessary fillers more expensive mineral make-up has.

www.sheermiracle.com/mineral-makeup/home.php