PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the Moby Wrap?

rawheid
11-01-2007, 02:21 PM
When my son was little I always wanted a Moby wrap and it never happened. But I was wondering do you like them? Are they worth having?

Heidi

jillianh
11-01-2007, 02:25 PM
my friend said they are great and they are super wonderful for larger chested ladies

dkmom
11-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I LOVE my Moby! I've got my 5 wk. old in it right now. It's my survival with all four kids. I use it a lot everyday. :)

rawheid
11-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I LOVE my Moby! I've got my 5 wk. old in it right now. It's my survival with all four kids. I use it a lot everyday. :)

How is it for your older kids? Is it hard to use?

frogandtoad
11-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Love it!

Use with my nearly 20 lb 6 mo old. Working on different ways to carry -- hoping to figure out the back carry ;) since I can't seem to get anything done besides holding the baby -- really need to get caught up on dishes and that's hard w/LO in the front carry. :giggle:

Also - have used 2 MamaBabys (by MayaWrap) together to do essentially the same as the Moby. And, have used a regular ring sling to back carry a 2 1/2 year old (granted he weighed maybe 25 lb at the time, but still ...)

thelissafish
11-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I love my homemade one! It's great for wearing my kiddo for longer periods of time. I prefer my Maya for short trips, like out with the dog and into the store for something quick, since it's easier to put on. My "Faux-by" as I call it, balances DS's weight better, so it's comfier for taking a walk, etc. It is also better for him to fall asleep in, since I can pull some fabric over him to keep his head from bobbing around. :mrgreen:

thelissafish
11-01-2007, 03:58 PM
It keeps us both warm, too. I just zip a jacket over it!

AlexandZoesmom
11-01-2007, 04:16 PM
I have a Moby and a ring sling - I like them both for different reasons. The Moby is definitely more comfortable for long carries but a bit awkward to throw on in a parking lot :)

The ring sling is faster but I find my back is sometimes sore after wearing it (I think because it is only over one shoulder.)

Hopper Graphics
11-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I LOVE our moby!!! I agree that I need to figure out the back carry so I can get more chores done. :giggle: Perhaps that will go on the weekend to-do list!

dkmom
11-01-2007, 04:52 PM
How is it for your older kids? Is it hard to use?

When they get too big/heavy I use a woven wrap. I have a Maya wrap. Because the moby stretches it can feel kind of saggy with a toddler. Moby is great for babies though because you tie the wrap on and then just take the baby in and out as needed. With the Maya, you tie the wrap on while holding the baby and untie to take the baby out. At least that's how I have to do it.

ThatLinGirl
11-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Moby's are great, but I would not recommend one for an older child. I know plenty here use them with older babies, but a woven wrap is really much better and more comfortable with a heavier babe. I'd personally use the moby until maybe 6 months and move on -- but it is GREAT in that timespan.

ferrferr
11-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I felt like it was a lot of work honestly. Not to mention DD#2 HATED being confined in it 9.5 times out of 10. Now we have a Mei Tai and she likes the ability to see what's going on around here. :goodvibes:

ldsmom06
11-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I love my moby wrap!!!!! It is great for newborns up to 6 mos old. After that it streches too much(at least i thought so). I can't wait to use it again when my next baby is born. It is so comfortable!! If we are going out I just put it on before we leave the house and put the baby in it when we get to where we are going.

Drearina
11-01-2007, 08:01 PM
I LOVE my fake moby! Used it from newborn (9 pounds) till now 10 months (22 pounds) and have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

teaghansmama
11-01-2007, 08:40 PM
love it!!

Pookamama
11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
I used the moby until around 6 months and it worked fantastic. I wish I could figure out how to use the back carry, but DS is too squirmy for me to hold him with one hand on my back whilst doing it. I use my ring sling for going in and out places, and my hip for most of the time. I have such buff hips now. grrroooowww. But seriously- I had a 17 mo and a newborn at the same time, and the moby was how I got anything done. He was so cozy and snug in there-it was like being in the fourth trimester of pregnancy! DH would wear him in the moby around the house too. My moby is pink so that was a fun sight!

rawheid
11-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I love my homemade one! It's great for wearing my kiddo for longer periods of time. I prefer my Maya for short trips, like out with the dog and into the store for something quick, since it's easier to put on. My "Faux-by" as I call it, balances DS's weight better, so it's comfier for taking a walk, etc. It is also better for him to fall asleep in, since I can pull some fabric over him to keep his head from bobbing around. :mrgreen:

When you made your homemade one, what did you use?

ewins24
11-11-2007, 10:01 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. As a matter of fact I love mine so much I have 3 different colors!:giggle:

I use mine everyday. My DD loves it too. She will get all excited when she sees me putting it on, very cute. She is 6mths old.