PDA

View Full Version : Costco and breastmilk...

cakemaven
11-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I wrote this in my journal, but it seemed to awesome to not share. I thought you other BFing mamas would enjoy this cute story...

I come from a long line of Costco lovers. When I was a kid, Costco was a pretty exclusive thing, where you could only get a membership is you owned a business. Since my dad had a business, we were among the elite who were permitted to enter the store, which was at that time, known as Price Club.

Now, I shop there because feeding a family of 5 (and of which I am the only female) can be darn expensive. So I buy things in bulk in order to make it more affordable to support our family on a single income. Last week, hubby took me and the youngest two kiddos (the older one was at school) to Costco for our weekly grocery shopping trip.

For a child who is 4, Costco must look huge and seem to carry one of everything under the sun. I carried Jeremiah in his sling, allowing me to nurse him discreetly as we walked. Dad pushed Josiah in the cart. As we walked by the dairy/eggs/cheese aisle of the refrigerated section, Josiah loudly proclaimed, "Look Daddy, breast milk!" as he pointed to the gallons of egg nog for sale. Josiah is aware that I am pumping my extra milk to donate to the milk bank (they process it and give it to sick babies, by rx only) and since my early milk was a buttery color, he was sure that those gallons in the coolers must be breast milk. We explained that it was egg nog and I'm sure he was rather disappointed...

So there ya have it... Costco does *not* carry breast milk, but they did have Ratatouille on DVD, which made the trip worthwhile in Josiah's eyes.

slaferriere@berklee.net
11-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Aww, how cute! :goodvibes:

AlexandZoesmom
11-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Too cute :) I'm sure he liked the DVD more anyway:giggle:

titania
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
that's awesome! :lostit: