PDA

View Full Version : When did you start to Feel Better?? (First Trimester Blues)

jennsmile
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
I feel horrible. Nauseated and tired all day. All I want to do is sleep and forget I don't feel good. I don't throw up so I don't feel I should complain, but I am so sick of being sick and tired.

What makes you feel better your first trimester?

Jenn

Mom2BabiesA&I
11-28-2007, 04:50 PM
I started to feel better around 10 weeks with complete relief by about 12/13 weeks.

I hope you feel better soon. That is exactly how I felt, 100% sick all the time but never vomited...sometimes it felt like I would feel better if I *did* vomit.

kannondicarpo
11-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I started to feel better around 10 weeks with complete relief by about 12/13 weeks.

I hope you feel better soon. That is exactly how I felt, 100% sick all the time but never vomited...sometimes it felt like I would feel better if I *did* vomit.

:yeahthat: Exactly.

nak

jennsmile
11-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah, think that vomiting might actually make me feel better too. The last two days have been awful. I have been craving Olive Garden so we went there after interviewing at the Birth Center and the Salad and Bread was okay but DS, Pizza was making me feel awful, the smell or something. Even my Chicken Scampi was :yuck: and I love it usually.

Then I picked up stuff for Tacos to make today, since it sounded good yesterday when shopping. :yuck: I nibbled down some protien ( I used ground turkey) and ate some veggies. The tortilla (mulitgrain) smelled like playdough! :yuck: At least there are lots of leftovers for DH and the boys liked it. I would really like to feel better by Christmas.

Jenn

ShayneLeMaster
11-28-2007, 05:47 PM
im with you on that.. if I threw up i think i would feel better too... but.. oh well just riding it out ... and glad my husband loves me cause lesser man would have left 8 weeks into #1 lol..

etsdtm99
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
I started to feel better about 15 weeks... i am 17 weeks 3 days now and i feel HORRIBLE.. so its still on and off.. i have good days and bad days but at least i feel like i get a break now and then ...

early on what made me feel better was sipping soda .. and eating constantly.. anything that sounded remotely good.. i would walk through the store and just buy ANYTHING that sounded good.. even if it was brownies and chips.. or whatever, by 12-13 weeks i started puking a lot but i didn't have to eat as much and felt better between puking.. good thing that happened with my first too or i would have been freaking out .. this time i knew that getting worse meant it would get better soon..

i still have to eat some weird things.. the other night i HAD to have an entire box of kraft mac&cheese spirals.. you know, a week's worth of sodium :yuck:

mommyofnoah
11-29-2007, 07:27 AM
IMO feeling sick and tired is just as bad to endure as throwing up. Its all pretty hard to endure. I finally stopped feeling super :yuck: around 16 weeks and by 18 weeks I felt more myself. I'm 24 weeks now and still exhausted most days and even still have some nauseous days. (I'm also still on all my meds). I hope you feel better soon. Its really hard, but know that you are not alone!:hugs: :hugs:

jennsmile
11-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Thank you all! I woke up feeling a little better. I went to bed around 6:30 last night. I got some extra sleep and that has seemed to help some.

I need to take advantage of it and get my house clean.

It is so nice to know I am not alone.

Jenn

bobandjess99
11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
You are so not alone!
I was literally dead lady walking until week 18, throwing up constantly and just miserable, had slight improvement weeks 19-24, finally vomited for the last time at week 24, except for a couple bouts of flu/foodpoisoning recently. But, I'm still nauseous every morning, usually dry-heaving until my stomach calms down, still exhausted and everything hurts now (35 weeks) and all in all, I am just horribly miserable the entirety of my pregnancies.
I'd *LOVE* to be one of the glowing happy preggo ladies, but sadly, I am sick, exhausted, in pain pretty mich the whole time.

betty_joanne
11-29-2007, 12:11 PM
I feel horrible. Nauseated and tired all day. All I want to do is sleep and forget I don't feel good. I don't throw up so I don't feel I should complain, but I am so sick of being sick and tired.

What makes you feel better your first trimester?

Jenn

I know how you feel. I bought a package of spearmint(or peppermint will also work) candies and it has helped. I suck on one when i think i am going to really be sick and it helps.

sarahpotter
11-29-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll pray for all you sick mamas. I'm 18weeks today and this last week has been the best week, I think the sick feeling is gone. I chewed a lot of peppermint gum, but nothing really worked. Until my heartburn starts to kick in...

kymdenise
11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
My first three pregnancies I always lost at least 11 lbs in the first tri. This time I haven't hardly thrown up, but I can't bring myself to do anything.. my house is a disaster, there are piles of clean unfolded clothes everywhere, and I can't tell you the last time I changed the sheets on all of our beds.:blush: On the other hand, I keep thinking how much better I feel than the last times, and then I worry that that's not okay.. There's no happy medium. And yup, to vomit would be sweet relief. Then at least you get that 10 to 20 minute I feel better euphoria that you can function within. Sigh.