PDA

View Full Version : DELETE!

journey
12-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I finally got a custom slot at Amaz Padz. After hearing all the reviews I had to try some. The pictures do these pads no justice, they are beautiful. Almost too nice to stick in my underwear, LOL! I got the ones made from Organic bamboo velour and she hand dyed them blue raspberry tye dye so each one is a little different. There is no PUL so your bottom can breath. She used that special water proof fleece stuff. She makes the actual pad snap on and off of the liner so you can keep it on and just change the pad part. I got a couple silk noil liners from her too. Silk noil is supposed to aid in healing and help with yeast infections, rashes, etc. I love Amaz Padz!!!!! :wub:

She sent the whole lot wrapped in matching purple tissue paper. Okay I'm a sucker for cute little details like that. :blush:

Give some love for Amaz Padz! http://hyenacart.com/AmazPadz/

These look a little crooked but it's because I didn't have them snapped on. On the left is the overnight and postpartum pad, in the middle the silk noil panty liner, and on the right is the heavy flow pad.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/JourneyMarket/AmazPadz002.jpg

This shows the separate pads and the liner they snap on to. Notice four snaps to keep the pad in place.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/JourneyMarket/AmazPadz004.jpg

This is the backside of the liner, snaps right around your undies.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/JourneyMarket/AmazPadz005.jpg

velouria
12-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Ooooh, I'm jealous! I've always wanted some Amaz Pads but have heard they're very difficult to get.

journey
12-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah it was ridiculous, I had to synchronize my clocks and everything, lol. I seriously did though. Then I decided that I would go for the third slot because I figured everyone would go straight away for the first or second and if they couldn't get those then they would try for the last. Oh for the love of psychology. :giggle:

But I will say it wasn't nearly as impossible as trying to score a Goodmama. :mrgreen:

This is the first time in my life that I have actually prayed to get my period. :yuck:

These things even smell good. :giggle:

GraemesMomma
12-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Yummy! Those are pretty! I want to score one of those slots some time. I've only recently found the mama pad love and it really makes AF pleasant - as pleasant as it can be!

mommofboys3
12-07-2007, 12:08 PM
nice!

cadibugsmama
12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Those ARE pretty. I've never used Mama Pads before, but I REALLY want to after I have my baby in March. I was thinking I should probably get some liners, etc, for now anyway, due to all the cough/sneeze/pee plus preggo discharge stuff. Do you think they'd work for those issues? I know the sposie pads chafe me SO bad and I have had lots of yeast issues I need to get past, too.

RJmomof4
12-11-2007, 10:47 AM
yay those are great!

mama2cody
12-11-2007, 10:58 AM
OOO those are pretty. I've never tried cloth for me before (no AF!! :yay:) but the idea is interesting.

journey
12-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Those ARE pretty. I've never used Mama Pads before, but I REALLY want to after I have my baby in March. I was thinking I should probably get some liners, etc, for now anyway, due to all the cough/sneeze/pee plus preggo discharge stuff. Do you think they'd work for those issues? I know the sposie pads chafe me SO bad and I have had lots of yeast issues I need to get past, too.

Yeah, I think they would. I've been using the silk noil panty liners during my ovulation week. I'm really happy with them. While I never had a problem with chaffing, I did have other problems from whatever was on the disposable pads and panty liners. Think yeast infection but not from yeast. I think I was allergic to the synthetic materials. Plus with the healing properties of silk noil, I don't seem to be having problems at all anymore.

I noticed she also makes silk noil breast pads, which are great for healing cracked nipples during those early breastfeeding months.

It's kind of hard to get a custom slot, but I've noticed with alot of WAH stores if I just email them and explain what I'm looking for they usually will open up a slot for me. You could explain to her what's going on and that you are pregnant and disposable pads are chaffing you, maybe she could get you in sooner. :goodvibes:

greenMImama
12-11-2007, 05:19 PM
those are works of art, I think the snap in liner is a fabulous idea, I need some more too. Beautiful thanks for shareing.

momahaylie
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
those are pretty

homeschoolingmama
12-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Wow! Those would make someone really want to swap to cloth for mama!!

NYAmy
12-12-2007, 06:41 PM
those are gorgeous!

what is silk noir? never heard of it before.