PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Shaklee products?

stella072
01-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Just wondering what you think. I've been using a variety of "green" cleaning products, but decided to try the Shaklee products. Any tips?

Bella Catalina
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I am using these right now and I am finding them pretty good. I'd rather make my own products but this was easier to swing by DH than me buying EO and stuff to make my own... he thinks I am too crunchy as it is ;)

Dire Wolf
01-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I am using these right now and I am finding them pretty good. I'd rather make my own products but this was easier to swing by DH than me buying EO and stuff to make my own... he thinks I am too crunchy as it is ;)

Why do dh's do this? My dh can't give me an answer as to why, just says that things are going to far. :headscratch: OK, then why are they allowed to have tools that make tools work better?:giggle2: I mean, sports, cars and things that go boom, those are great; but good smelling, safe and healthy cleaning stuff is way too far. :rolleyes: Men...

mom23boys
01-08-2008, 06:42 PM
A woman at my church sells Shaklee and she had a 'sample' bucket that she let me take that had a little bit of everything (detergent for one load of laundry, one dishwasher load, a small bottle of Basic H, amount to clean the toilet etc.) I like that they're super concentrated so you hardly have to use any but I didn't like having to pay shipping. I know, at the store I pay shipping for conventional cleaners, but at least it's not "$5 oh yeah, add $3 for shipping" I would rather it just cost $8 to begin with. Also in my head I know that clean is not supposed to smell like anything, but I'm really a smell oriented person so I missed the fragrances in some thing. I'm still using the laundry detergent, dish soap, I had the dishwasher detergent and Basic H and would get more of them if I ever got around to buying them.

bean3
01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
They have the starter kit...which items have fragrance, and which do not? I have to have absolutely NO perfume (even natural scents like lilacs) in my stuff because of really nasty migraines.

saweetmomma
01-09-2008, 05:37 PM
I love their stuff. So much so I started selling it. But I was a longtime customer and figured, since I had people wanting to buy it when I told them what I was using, why not??? :)

I just blogged about the gazillion uses for Basic H2 here (http://goinggreeninfo.blogspot.com/2008/01/cleaning-products-featured.html)

and here, about how [-]much[/-]little you use for certain cleaning jobs. (http://goinggreeninfo.blogspot.com/2008/01/does-your-cleaner-do-this.html)

prissygirls
01-11-2008, 07:57 AM
I love the stuff!!

Morgans_mommy
02-02-2008, 03:28 PM
A woman at my church sells Shaklee and she had a 'sample' bucket that she let me take that had a little bit of everything (detergent for one load of laundry, one dishwasher load, a small bottle of Basic H, amount to clean the toilet etc.) I like that they're super concentrated so you hardly have to use any but I didn't like having to pay shipping. I know, at the store I pay shipping for conventional cleaners, but at least it's not "$5 oh yeah, add $3 for shipping" I would rather it just cost $8 to begin with. Also in my head I know that clean is not supposed to smell like anything, but I'm really a smell oriented person so I missed the fragrances in some thing. I'm still using the laundry detergent, dish soap, I had the dishwasher detergent and Basic H and would get more of them if I ever got around to buying them.

you can always add some scented essential oils to the products to make them smell better, like orange or lavendar...

nixy77
02-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I really would like to try the H2 - it seems like there are so many uses for it. I really would like to know what I am putting on my skin and garden (ingredient wise) before I used it though.

Kestlyn
02-02-2008, 05:04 PM
haven't found a detailed ingredient list yet, but this site has some info:
http://www.dld123.com/q&a/index.php?cid=2664

Tahaacke
02-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I have bought the dishsoap and Basic H2. I love the stuff so much I am thinking of selling it.:mrgreen: The H2 stuff is great for everything. It is really all you ever need to buy because there is so many uses and it really does last a long time.

discodiva
02-02-2008, 08:24 PM
well hey if you want to sell it sign up under me :giggle:
I give it a :thumbsup: been using their products for about 10 years now and love all of their vitamins and herbal products as well its an all around great choice for the family I have found out!

thestafs
02-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I am in the process of talking to someone about joining too. It sounds soo good and I have used some of the stuff and really like it.

Jsut wondering is it a real money maker though?

gfarley
02-02-2008, 11:10 PM
I got the H2 and the three bottle set. I love it use it on everything. Not a scent person so works for me. I have older children who are responsible for helping with cleaning so I was glad to fine green products. The three bottle set is great for them. I make up the three different concentration and they are ready to go. One is degreaser, one is all purpose and one is glass and windows.

Gwen