PDA

View Full Version : Which diapers fit best under regular clothes?

CJKJ
01-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Not so much asking about trim diapers, but diapers with not a lot of bulk to them. But still really absorbant - my DS doesn't like being wet and I think he is a heavy wetter.

grace_n_josie
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Pf...flat fit the best, but they don't work well for super soakers!

sweetietooth
01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
For us, the trimmest under clothes is a FB, followed closely by BG. :)

msmamabear
01-14-2008, 12:51 PM
prefolds. I have been sticking a hemp doubler in them and we are doing great! And then we use wool, so even a luxe or wcw soaker underneath works well. :thumbsup:

delicatefade
01-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I second the prefold. I have a heavy wetter, so I just change her more often. We use mostly pf's during the day, with a few fitteds at naps and nighttime when the bulk doesn't matter.

delicatefade
01-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh yeah, the hemp doubler makes a huge difference without much extra bulk! I got mine from tmries on here. She's wonderful to work with!

mommy2alex2004
01-14-2008, 12:53 PM
:headscratch: All of my diapers fit well under regular clothes...pockets, AIOs and even my fitteds. We don't do prefolds and flats here so I am not an expert there. We didn't have the "clothing problem" that people mention when I was CDing DS either but we used the same thing with him. I would be interested to know what diapers give people problems. I never have to size up for anything not even onesies for diapers. My DD is 14 mo and I just bought some 12 month carter's onesies for her yesterday for nighttime because the 3-6mo ones were getting snug. FWIW, DD is 29-30" and weighs almost 19.5 pounds.

jrk
01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
I think anything fits under clothes as long as you have a good fitting diaper. If it's too tall in the rise, it'll come out the top of pants and pooch between the legs and at the butt. I wouldn't recomend something like bp under clothes, the soakers are far too wide.

delicatefade
01-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I have to size up for my kiddos, but that's only because they are both tall for their ages. I do have some diapers that only fit if the pants are wider in the waist though.

staycelyne
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
The trimmest nice fitted I've found recently was an OMG(one mad giraffe) I wouldn't use them at night, but I think they'd make a great daytime dipe without the bulk. My pockets were always huge. The trimmest pocket I think we had a the BG.

MamaEli
01-14-2008, 01:09 PM
The BG AIO is very trim. The FB are trim, and usually I have no problem with them...but today I had to change DD out of her jeans because they were way too tight with it. But usually I'm fine.

sunnydesert
01-14-2008, 01:17 PM
For those that use BG (pockets and AIO) or FBs.....you say they are trim and fit well under clothes.....but do you have to size up? This is a great post, OPI hope you don't mind me asking another question on your post. I'm having hard time knowing what size to buy for my lo that's due May.

TamberlyRN
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM
The prestons pants fit the best under clothes (even though they are minky!), next I'd say FB, then BGs or blueberry OS as long as I don't use their insert, then fuzzi fannies. I think maybe the PP fit trimmest though because they are sized smaller than the others especially in terms of rise.

mama2cody
01-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I like Swaddlebees and BGs. Both seem to fit well under DS's clothes.

graces-mommie
01-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I like the Blueberry SS PUL or Swaddlebees PUL under clothes. I also use the BG AIO's but usually add a fleece topped doubler for longer car rides. I have trim fitting Sweetiebums fitteds that work great under clothes with my interlock soakers as well.

Like a PP said, if the diaper first well, it should be fine under clothes! The only time I had problems was when we first moved to mediums FB's and they were still loose on the tightest setting. I have found that SS diapers give a smoother look!

ETA..I've never sized up either! I just moved DD into 18 months for Carter's and she still wears 12-18 months in Gymboree. (Though if she wasn't in cloth, I think we would be having droopy drawer issues! I think the cloth helps keep her pants up! :giggle:)

Deanner03
01-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree w/pf's w/doublers if you need them! I use pockets outside the home (for longer trips) and no sizing up.
Good luck!

jaimegrrl
01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
We have been lucky enough to avoid having issues with *any* diapers fitting under DD's clothes (so far, at least!). I may be in the minority, but we almost always use BP's when we go out because they NEVER leak, and they fit great (even under jeans, and we have never had to size up!). My daughter is somewhat slim (17lbs at 9 months), so I do think that that may help.

Elena"s Mom
01-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I like my BGs for under "real" clothes. If she's wearing jeans I LOVE the BG AIOs.
They are trim and hold a lot for an AIO.

Elena"s Mom
01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
For those that use BG (pockets and AIO) or FBs.....you say they are trim and fit well under clothes.....but do you have to size up? This is a great post, OPI hope you don't mind me asking another question on your post. I'm having hard time knowing what size to buy for my lo that's due May.

I size up in most brands, but I think I would have to do that even with sposies because DD is 95% for weight and off the charts for height!
I think a trim pocket or AIO should be fine under most clothes without sizing up if you have an average sized LO.

Sweetforestcat
01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
:headscratch: All of my diapers fit well under regular clothes...pockets, AIOs and even my fitteds. We don't do prefolds and flats here so I am not an expert there. We didn't have the "clothing problem" that people mention when I was CDing DS either but we used the same thing with him. I would be interested to know what diapers give people problems. I never have to size up for anything not even onesies for diapers. My DD is 14 mo and I just bought some 12 month carter's onesies for her yesterday for nighttime because the 3-6mo ones were getting snug. FWIW, DD is 29-30" and weighs almost 19.5 pounds.

same here and we do use prefolds as well as pockets, fitteds and AI2's. My baby 6 months old, is over 18 pounds and at least 27-28 inches and fits in the exact same clothes with cloth diapers as with a disposable on her.

sweetietooth
01-14-2008, 01:58 PM

I don't size up, per se, but I have a big baby. He's already wearing 12-18 months and he's not yet 9 m/o. :eek: He has monterous thighs that no jeans are getting over. We stick to the stretchy pants at our house and everything works great! :thumbsup:

sunnydesert
01-14-2008, 02:01 PM
no sizing up, even with onsies? Hmmm....maybe I need to take some clothes back for a smaller size.....ugh I don't know.

CJKJ
01-14-2008, 02:14 PM

Well, we have a lot of thirsties & thirsties covers and they seem like they fit fine but I can't fit his pants over them (I can if he's in a sposie). He is a bigger baby though. He has very chunky thighs so I don't know if that makes a difference. I can fit his clothes over a Dream-Eze & an AI2 Panda Pants.

Do you think AIO/2's are less bulky than fiited/covers? I can't afford to get all longies for him so we don't have any of those.

For reference DS is 6 mo old, 27" long & 17.3 lbs.

ShadesofRae
01-14-2008, 02:31 PM
So far, the Snap-EZ AIO has fit the best under clothes (fits the same as a disposable.)

I have to size up in footed sleepwear with cloth diapers, and I also notice that when I put him in disposables, his pants are a little big in the waist. So there is *some* bulk...

ShadesofRae
01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Do you think AIO/2's are less bulky than fiited/covers? I can't afford to get all longies for him so we don't have any of those.

For reference DS is 6 mo old, 27" long & 17.3 lbs.

I think AIO's are less bulky than fitteds and covers. I thought it was strange that so many posters said that prefolds weren't bulky. They certainly were for me (although I loved them!)

He can't be TOO chunky, my son was 25lbs at 6 months

and your DS is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

smileymom
01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
I did not CD my oldest, and the clothes we are using now are hand-me-downs from her...she was both slim and used sposies. Some of the outfits will only work with my AIOs; I have Bottombumpers, Panda Pants, and Zany Zebras.

Tiredmama
01-14-2008, 03:19 PM
We usually use pockets...mostly swaddlebees, but we also have some fuzzi bunz and knickernappies that we like as well. I buy most of the girls clothes at Hanna Andersson, and I have never had to size up at all because their clothes are cut very well for cloth diapers even their onesies. My 1 year old weighs 15 lbs and wears a 60 or a 70 and my 2.5 year old weighs 20 lbs and wears a 70 or 80. We like Hanna Andersson clothes because they hold up really well, are comfortable and have a good resale when we are done with them. That said we have only one set of Hannas that the girls have outgrown.

Malissa

FancifulFanny
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
we used the AI2s I make, and that's it. DS was a big kid, not overly chubby or anything but in the 100th percentile for height and weight and those worked for us.
Back when I was a kid they referred to the build as *husky*...man, I hated that.

abharrington
01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
We have been lucky enough to avoid having issues with *any* diapers fitting under DD's clothes (so far, at least!). I may be in the minority, but we almost always use BP's when we go out because they NEVER leak, and they fit great (even under jeans, and we have never had to size up!). My daughter is somewhat slim (17lbs at 9 months), so I do think that that may help.

what are BPs? :headscratch:

MW69842
01-14-2008, 04:05 PM
DD wears clothes over her diapers every single day. She wears cloth at daycare, so is fully dressed and at-home, she's usually in a onesie, at the very least. Don't have to size-up or anything. We use mostly pockets (BG, Komfy Kidz and Very Baby) and a few fitteds (GMs, SBish, Clovers and SOS).

She will be 6 months old on Sunday, is over 18 lbs. and over 27" long. She's got a super long torso, chubby thighs and a belly. She just moved out all of her 3-6 month clothing and is solidly in her 6-9, 9-12 and 6-12 month clothing.

kristiashley
01-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Other than our prefolds, which we love, we also adore our Mums Bums AIOs. They are super, super absorbent and DS stays dry. Any clothes can fit over them and they fit like a dream. I was hesitant at first since they use aplix, but they are the only aplix dipe we've tried that we like.

CJKJ
01-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Other than our prefolds, which we love, we also adore our Mums Bums AIOs. They are super, super absorbent and DS stays dry. Any clothes can fit over them and they fit like a dream. I was hesitant at first since they use aplix, but they are the only aplix dipe we've tried that we like.

Thanks for suggesting these :) They look really cool. I'm going to have to try one. I love that the soaker can flip up for boys! :thumbsup:

CJKJ
01-14-2008, 07:02 PM
I think AIO's are less bulky than fitteds and covers. I thought it was strange that so many posters said that prefolds weren't bulky. They certainly were for me (although I loved them!)

He can't be TOO chunky, my son was 25lbs at 6 months

and your DS is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!

brogusin
01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
I have found that pf's with my bsww fit good under his clothes and he HUGE for his age. He is 5 mos tomorrow and already in 9-12 mos.

He is 20 lbs and 27 inches

BeedieWeedieB
01-14-2008, 07:33 PM
I think pockets work the best under reg clothes, find the brand or brands that fit your lo the best and then try a few diff inserts for what you need and then you go

jaimegrrl
01-14-2008, 07:58 PM
what are BPs? :headscratch:

Berry Plush (http://www.jamtots.com/BerryPlush-All-in-Ones-C41.aspx). :)