PDA

View Full Version : Natural Baby Wash/Shampoos/Lotions?

adalovebug
01-15-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but I'm really just fed up with all the chemicals and crazy stuff that is in baby products! Even the Aveeno, which is supposed to be "natural" has the exact same ingredients, they just add "oats" to make it "natural".

Where do you buy your natural baby products?

lydclove
01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
At least one big box store (Target) carries Burt's Bees products and Erba Organics; both companies make baby lotions that I love.

FWIW, Environmental Working Group's website www.ewg.org is a great resource for info on the ingredients in body products and the resultant level of concern. This section is for children's stuff http://www.ewg.org/forparents

jenmamahen
01-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Target also carries California Baby products. I use their shampoo/body wash and really like it.
http://www.californiababy.com/super-sensitive-shampoo-bodywash-8-5-oz.html

Mom2littlemissaudrey
01-15-2008, 07:43 PM
We use Earth Mama Angel Baby products on dd and we love them!

www.earthmamaangelbaby.com

Kaede's Mom
01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I use baby Avalon products. I find them at the natural and health food stores in my area. My daughter has a sulfate alergie so I get shampoos and soap with out the sulfate stuff in it. They also have sunscrean.

NessaL_07
01-15-2008, 08:25 PM
I have been wondering this as well. I was lookin on here today for answers and I saw links to this site about chemicals in products www.cosmeticdatabase.com

NessaL_07
01-15-2008, 08:26 PM
At least one big box store (Target) carries Burt's Bees products and Erba Organics; both companies make baby lotions that I love.

FWIW, Environmental Working Group's website www.ewg.org is a great resource for info on the ingredients in body products and the resultant level of concern. This section is for children's stuff http://www.ewg.org/forparents

OH thanks I gonna check it out. Im beginning to wonder if ANYTHING is completly safe :headscratch:

cherryblsm
01-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Target also carries California Baby products. I use their shampoo/body wash and really like it.
http://www.californiababy.com/super-sensitive-shampoo-bodywash-8-5-oz.html

Yeah that! We use CA Baby too. We first started getting our stuff at Whole Foods then when we saw Target carries it for $1 less we were stoked. I don't think they have the whole line but that is ok, we go through the body wash somewhat fast. We also love CA Baby, Calendula cream-we use it for everything, bottoms, eczema, booboos, sores, ouchy vaginas ( from pee) for my 3 yr old, etc..we also love the CA Baby diaper/bottom spray. I usually dillute 1/2 strength to make it last longer or wet my cloth wipes first then spray a few sprays on them. I have had the Burts Bees too...and Natural Babies..but the less ingredients the best and you still have to look out for any preservatives which can still be in organic or natural stuff even in all the Whole Foods body products too. Preservatives are in everything. This worries me, how much perservatives are our bodies retaining over the yrs??

adalovebug
01-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks, ladies! That was really helpful. I'm going to have to check out Target - I never would have even thought to look. Whole Foods is just so expensive and a little bit of a trip from our house. I went in one day just 'assuming' that all of their products were 'safe' and came home with baby lotion that had parabens in it (it was the Healthy Times brand, they sell baby food, too) - I went right back and returned it, I was so mad!

Thanks for the EWG website - I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Triple Paste we use for DD's diaper rash was one of the best rated - phew!

Thanks again!:lostit:

Sarah's Supermilk
01-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I love this site! I wanted to buy some mascara yesterday but wanted to check which ones are safest first. Already added the other one pp linked also, can't wait to check it out. My current favorite for my guys is Weleda Calendula Shampoo and body wash. I love all the Weleda products I've tried and now my regular grocery store (Publix) carries some of it!

OrganicallyMade
01-17-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't know if you have Krogers where you are, but in their Nature's Market they're starting to sell a lot of truly natural beauty products (like you'd find in Whole Foods). We buy most online though. Aubrey Organics is one brand we use - they have a kids/baby line. And their lotion is the best I have ever used - it is sooo not greasy! For toddler toothpaste, Weleda makes a good one (also a great diaper rash cream). It won't hurt them if they swallow it. And I've not tried these products, but I've heard Arbonne is great! They are sold via independent consultants (just go to the web site though - I'm too new to post the link!).

Hope this gave you some ideas!

babydogs3
01-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I love Burt's Bees products. You can buy them at Whole Foods (or simliar stores) and Target sells them now too.

velouria
01-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I LOVE Avalon Organics baby wash! It is completely safe, creates lush silky suds, and smells divine (citrus & herb). It's my favorite baby wash. We use it as a shampoo, too.

We don't really use lotions so I can't be of much help there. We do use a line of shampoo & lotion called The Kids that I get online through vitacost.com. This brand is completely safe and natural and works really well.

BambiJo
01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
What kind of prices do these have? I checked one site, and I'm soooo not down with paying $12 for baby shampoo! :eek:

I have about 15 bottles of Johnsons and various other shampoos, that I got at DS's baby shower THREE YEARS ago! Augh! I've went through about 1 bottle in the last three years and two children. :giggle: What the heck do I do with it all? I thought about giving it out at baby showers that I attend, but I don't really want to give it to other babies, if you know what I mean, even though I know their moms will use it anyway, whether I give it out or not.

whalvo
01-20-2008, 05:31 AM
I hope it's not too late to throw this out there, but I love "le Petit Chevre" (Little Goat's Milk) soaps for dd. It smells sooo good and is moisturizing too. I seem to never need her separate moisture cream and it has been very dry and cold here (my hands are all cracked...)

I bought it at our local natural grocer, so I am assuming it's okay. Maybe it's listed on that site.

ETA: Just looked up this soap and apparently it ranked under "high hazard". Good to know!

Guardandolaluna
01-20-2008, 08:11 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41utR5UA%2B3L._SS500_.jpgHome Health's Almond Glow. I love this stuff it is a great alternative to baby oil. There are no parabens or petroleum products in it. We use it right after a bath or for massage. It contains:Peanut Oil, Olive Oil, Lanolin Oil, Almond Oil, and Tocopherol (vitamin E). It says its a lotion, but it's more of an oil. I put a few drops of this in my wipe solution w/ a few drops of Dr. B, smells yummy:)

katiebell
01-20-2008, 10:23 PM
We love California Baby the best around here for daily washing and shampooing but I also really love Northern Essence products. They have the best cloth diaper friendly diaper cream available. It's actually called a diaper salve and I can't keep enough in stock for my customers! There are others out there who sell Northern Essence, so check with them.

daisy0306
01-21-2008, 12:13 AM
:popcorn:

MarinesFamily5
01-27-2008, 03:04 PM
What kind of prices do these have? I checked one site, and I'm soooo not down with paying $12 for baby shampoo! :eek:

I have about 15 bottles of Johnsons and various other shampoos, that I got at DS's baby shower THREE YEARS ago! Augh! I've went through about 1 bottle in the last three years and two children. :giggle: What the heck do I do with it all? I thought about giving it out at baby showers that I attend, but I don't really want to give it to other babies, if you know what I mean, even though I know their moms will use it anyway, whether I give it out or not.

donate them to you local womens shelter... they can give you a tax receipt too.:mrgreen:

I have been looking into the same thing becasue I have so many body washes and lotions and junk I won't use ( everyone gives them to me a x-mas gifts, I think they are trying to tell me I stink :blush: )

granolababies
03-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Little Forest has been amazing!! I love all of their products and I have tried them all. They are so nice and my SUPER sensitive kids have never reacted to them once. My kids are super allergic and have eczema and this has just been awesome.