PDA

View Full Version : ?'s for mama's with chicobags

lovemy3boys
01-17-2008, 03:30 AM
i'm getting some in a trade (or two) and i just have a few questions. i know they hold up to 20lbs and are pretty decently sized. i've also heard they don't show wear for awhile. all positives! so what i'm wondering is, how much 'stuff' do they actually hold? i mean.. on an average grocery trip, how much do you buy and how many bags does it take (when packed correctly)?

if both trades go through i'm going to have 11 bags. we only grocery shop 2 times a month and get a FULL cart (full commissary cart.. they are twice the size of like walmart and target carts almost) i am sick of taking 100 trips up and down the stairs from the garage to our main level with tons of bags so i think these will definatly help! and i'm pretty sure 11 is more than we really need, but rather too many than not enough, right?

TIA!

jadedhkr
01-17-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm not sure. I know they hold a ton, I'm always telling the bagger they can really stuff them. I get two gallons of milk in one and usually add cheese blocks and butter down the sides, no problem. Maybe that can give you a perspective. You sure can't do that with plastic! lol

KaleidoscopeEyes
01-17-2008, 08:14 AM
I can put about 10 bags worth of groceries in 6 chico bags. Just make sure not to put too many canned goods in one bag, it will pull on the seams.