PDA

View Full Version : EC pause?

pigletmsu
01-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Guess I'll post the first question on the new EC section since I was just wondering this. DD has been pretty good wth ECing up until the past 2 weeks and now she hasn't gone at all in 2 weeks. I remember reading that it's common to have EC-pauses around 4 months and DD is 4 1/2 mns right now.

Any tips on getting thru this? Just keep putting her on the potty like I have been and eventually she'll pick it back up? She doesn't fight it at all. She actually loves to sit on her potty. My only thought is that she recently found her feet and spends the whole time on the potty trying to get her feet and play with them. :giggle2: Maybe they're distracting her from doing her business???

shortcake2386
01-19-2008, 06:20 PM
dd did that at 10.5 months(ish) when she started walking...she was diaper free except for nights and errands from 4 months til then......she loves her potty still but just for play:( she is using it more frequently now but as soon as she pees a drop she wants to dump and flush it and do more:lol: just stick with it:thumbsup:

kthiday
01-19-2008, 06:58 PM
dd did that at 10.5 months(ish) when she started walking...she was diaper free except for nights and errands from 4 months til then......she loves her potty still but just for play:( she is using it more frequently now but as soon as she pees a drop she wants to dump and flush it and do more:lol: just stick with it:thumbsup:

DS did the same at 10.5mo when he started walking. Don't push it- just leave the potty out where they have easy acess to it. When they are ready, they'll get back into it. If you make it a big deal, I have found I get more resistance.

*SweetPea83*
01-19-2008, 07:42 PM
My DD did this around the same age!! She too found her feet and wanted to EAT them any chance to had!! LOL! Have you tried other distractions while on the potty? A toy or just something she can hold to get the attention off of her feet! HTH! Carrie

kthiday
01-19-2008, 09:27 PM
My DD did this around the same age!! She too found her feet and wanted to EAT them any chance to had!! LOL! Have you tried other distractions while on the potty? A toy or just something she can hold to get the attention off of her feet! HTH! Carrie

DS had a *special potty toy* that we only left in the bathroom, that he only got to play w/ when going potty. It made LOTS of noise, so it was totally annoying to me, but it worked at keeping him distracted- especially when I knew he had to potty but didn't really want to sit there, KWIM?

elliehill2
01-20-2008, 05:15 PM
DS is 9 months and on a potty break. I'm still holding him over a potty insert - do you think I should try letting him sit on a proper potty now or would that confuse him - he bows up on me right now every time I hold him over the other thing or sink - and we were doing so well:banghead: Any ideas anyone

Sunshinesmiles22
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
DS is 9 months and on a potty break. I'm still holding him over a potty insert - do you think I should try letting him sit on a proper potty now or would that confuse him - he bows up on me right now every time I hold him over the other thing or sink - and we were doing so well:banghead: Any ideas anyone

Mine (9 1/2m) has gone through a few pauses. It was frustrating at first, but recently I've just given her different options. We have a toilet seat insert (munchkin works great-Target), a few potties (bbjorn), and we sometimes still hold her. We've found (through much trial and error) that she fights it for a couple reasons:

1: she doesn't have to go. If we offer her too often, she bucks like a crazy baby!
2: She's bored. Sometimes she needs distractions. In the way of toys (toilet paper holders are her favorite) or just a different scene.
3: When she's tired, she does NOT want to sit on any potty.

It's a circle with us. If we miss one of the three, and continue--she fights us more. It seems like she just digs her little baby heels in. When we let it go and just relax (sometimes reverting to a reg. cloth setup), it works itself out.

HTH.

robynthemama@yahoo.com
01-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Leona did a potty strike when she started crawling, for about a month, when I could only catch pees when she woke up, she never wanted to poo in a diaper though, but - she would poo anywhere if she was diaper free. Then she did another strike around 10 months, when she started walking. She got really back into the whole EC thing around 12 months, now is all done, all good - even at night, and has been for a month or so (before that, she would go back and forth - doing really well for a month, then regressing for a week or so, then ...). Don't loose faith - it IS an awesome thing. And Ona is even my 4th! And my oldest is only 6! But now though - for the first time in 6 1/2 years, I have none in diapers (uh oh - "honey! we need another BABY!!!!").

Sunshinesmiles22
01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Leona did a potty strike when she started crawling, for about a month, when I could only catch pees when she woke up, she never wanted to poo in a diaper though, but - she would poo anywhere if she was diaper free. Then she did another strike around 10 months, when she started walking. She got really back into the whole EC thing around 12 months, now is all done, all good - even at night, and has been for a month or so (before that, she would go back and forth - doing really well for a month, then regressing for a week or so, then ...). Don't loose faith - it IS an awesome thing. And Ona is even my 4th! And my oldest is only 6! But now though - for the first time in 6 1/2 years, I have none in diapers (uh oh - "honey! we need another BABY!!!!").

Congratulations!!:thumbsup: How old is your little one? We're in the 9 1/2 month "phase". Good to hear amazing outcomes!!