PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about doing EC

ForCryingOutLoud
02-04-2008, 06:54 AM
It seems everytime I change my DD in the morning she pees as I am changing her... almost every time, so I was thinking maybe we should try doing it.
Can tell me what I should get to read and learn about it and anything else that would help?

Thank you!

SaraBear
02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I am fairly new at ec'ing, but really like it. Its fun for me, in a way. I love to see the pride on my little ones faces when they are clapping because they pottied!
I got the book, "the diaper free baby" by christine gross-loh. It is really informative. I also bought the baby bjorn little potty. (it is much easier for little ones to sit on than some other potty chairs) though i wish i would have spent the extra and got the clear potty from the ec store. I can't always hear my 7 month old tinkle. There are so many other things out there depending on what you want to do. I think the book the diaper free baby would be a good start. she talks about stuff you can get to help.
You can also just hold your little one over the toilet or sink or a bowl. I show my girls the sign for toilet, and make the "pssssss' sound.
Good luck!

If you have any other q's I would be happy to try help!

youmb00
02-05-2008, 12:12 AM
I second "the diaper free baby" I think it's a great book that shows that you can EC without a lot of pressure.

Also tribalbaby.org is my fav site.

http://www.continuum-family.com/

sells clear potty that's affordable along with other great stuff!
I think I've seen Deidre post here she's the owner.

I would definitely try to catch those pees at diaper changing time. If the dipe is off already, why not try? It's really fun. :thumbsup: