PDA

View Full Version : ok another question....

BCainThacker
02-27-2008, 05:10 PM
I got her a bblp in pink and she wants to play with it. do i allow her or should i let it be a only potty time thing. she hasn't used it yet and she wants to push it everywhere. i am new to this.

hershyyyy
02-27-2008, 06:22 PM
It's up to you, people do different things.

She might be playing with it cause she has to go pee....if you put her on every time she plays with it she'll get the message that that is a way to tell you she has to go.

Rebecca

shairna
02-27-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. My ds wants to stand in his. I try to discourge it and tell him it's for going potty. I also try to sit him on it when he starts playing with it. Sometimes it's on off on off but then he'll end up doing something. Other times he gets annoyed and walks away.

allielb
02-29-2008, 01:17 PM
I used to always keep mine up out of reach. But I always clean it, it's not like it is dirty, so I started leaving it down. For a while she played with it all the time, pushing it around, carrying it around, putting it on her head, putting her face in it. :yuck: While she would be playing with it, I would say several times "that's your potty, not really a toy. You pee in the potty" and so on. Eventually during her play, she began to try to sit on it. She hasn't quite figured it out (she gets her foot stuck in the potty part) but I can see that she will eventually get it, so down it stays.