PDA

View Full Version : homeopathic immunizations

JKTexas
02-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Did anyone do this? There is a place online that you can buy them from and they come with papers. Just wondering how well they are accepted in school and doctors offices. No kids yet but this worries me. :headscratch:

mom2kdmb
04-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I never heard of them

keegans_mommy
04-08-2008, 10:20 AM
I am seriously interested in these but cannot find them! Where did you find them???? I have been reading up on them for over a year or so but cannot afford a homeopath but found a homeopathic vax schedule.

Please share this site!!!!

keegans_mommy
04-08-2008, 10:21 AM
BTW-I highly doubt that schools and daycares would accept these as these are not mandated by the FDA as they don't make money off of it. (seriously rolling eyes here)

benjaminsmom
04-08-2008, 10:31 AM
What is the online site? I am kinda interested. What vaccs are the offering?

keegans_mommy
04-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Here is one of the schedules, I thought I had another: http://www.whale.to/vaccines/hom.html

ETA: I did find another but for some reason, my computer is having difficulties opening it up: http://onyx-ii.com/birthsong/page.cfm?vaccination

mdeveer
04-08-2008, 01:55 PM
I have a friend that introduced me to homeopathic remedies about 6-9 months ago, and she's using the homeopathic vaccines for her kids. She gets them through a friend who's been practicing homeopathy for almost 20 years and has some education/certifications (not sure exactly what) and has enough credentials to have access to these meds. So, that should make you feel a little bit better about using them - that the provider has education, etc. I don't have an email address only a phone number for the homeopath lady, but I could try to get more info on her if anyone's interested. She does do stuff long-distance, but I'm not sure about her policies with vaccines - only that she HIGHLY recommends using only homeopathic ones. I've been calling her for months now for all kinds of illnesses, etc with my kids, with great results most of the time...

keegans_mommy
04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't have an email address only a phone number for the homeopath lady, but I could try to get more info on her if anyone's interested. She does do stuff long-distance, but I'm not sure about her policies with vaccines - only that she HIGHLY recommends using only homeopathic ones. I've been calling her for months now for all kinds of illnesses, etc with my kids, with great results most of the time...

I am greatly interested in a homeopathic doc and I wondered if those closer to me would do so without me coming into the office each time. We cannot afford to do that as insurance won't pay for it.

eragsdale
04-08-2008, 02:10 PM
A friend of a friend use to get her kids immuniz., but then the homeopathic doc would give them a "vitamin" that would counteract the vaccine. That way she could show that her kids are "up to date" on their shots. Does anyone else have issues with that phrase: "up to date" i feel like i am talking about a pet.

keegans_mommy
04-08-2008, 02:39 PM
A friend of a friend use to get her kids immuniz., but then the homeopathic doc would give them a "vitamin" that would counteract the vaccine. That way she could show that her kids are "up to date" on their shots. Does anyone else have issues with that phrase: "up to date" i feel like i am talking about a pet.

That is interesting that she did that instead of simply exercising her rights to not vax her children. I know there are homopathic remedies to counteract these things but if there are damages, you cannot counteract those 100% :( I know, my ODD has Asperger Syndrome and was found to have an enormous amount of Mercury and Aluminum in her system. I'd prefer to avoid them at all costs and that is why we are searching for these homeopathic vax's. Desperately!

eragsdale
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
That is interesting that she did that instead of simply exercising her rights to not vax her children. I know there are homopathic remedies to counteract these things but if there are damages, you cannot counteract those 100% :( I know, my ODD has Asperger Syndrome and was found to have an enormous amount of Mercury and Aluminum in her system. I'd prefer to avoid them at all costs and that is why we are searching for these homeopathic vax's. Desperately!

i know; we are too, but her kids are "healthy" and they HAD to go to daycare.
Daniel didn't qualify for medical reason non-vax, and i don't know how to get the forms otherwise; also unless i homeschool or quit my job i will have to figure out something by next year.

mdeveer
04-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Our current ped also mentioned a fellow med student she graduated with decided to go homeopathic after becoming a ped, but he practices in FL somewhere. DS is due for his 1 year in a few days, and I was contemplating taking him in, you know, for weighing and the heck of it, 'cause that's all I'd let them do!:giggle: , and I could try to find some contact info on him, too, b/c maybe he'd be willing to consult long-distance - even if it's through your ped?? I'll post in a few days after I find some more contact info on the local homeopath as well as this doc. Good luck ladies and stay firm in your convictions, if you so choose, to not vax!!!

keegans_mommy
04-09-2008, 06:48 AM
There isn't anything that would make me vax again! One damage child is enough for us :)

Our ped. is an Osteopath and knows very little about homeopathy. I am wondering though, if I were to find a Homeopath if he and our doc could work something out where our doc could administer the vax's if we aren't to do it ourselves? If that makes sense :)

eragsdale
04-09-2008, 07:32 AM
There isn't anything that would make me vax again! One damage child is enough for us :)

Our ped. is an Osteopath and knows very little about homeopathy. I am wondering though, if I were to find a Homeopath if he and our doc could work something out where our doc could administer the vax's if we aren't to do it ourselves? If that makes sense :)

what's osteopath?

heather_lynn68
04-09-2008, 07:36 AM
My MIL treats both kids homeopathically. My ds is non vaxed and she treats him for his overall constitution. We use homeopathic remedies for everything!

keegans_mommy
04-09-2008, 01:03 PM
what's osteopath?

Our Osteopath believes in treating naturally before treating synthetically. He's about in between a Naturopath and an Allopathic doc (MD). Which is fine by me but I would also like a Homeopathic doc too.

mdeveer
04-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I talked with the homeopath lady tonight (btw, she DOES do constitutionals - I just took mine a few weeks ago!, but she's NOT a doc), and she's sending me a couple of books for research as well as the sites to actually obtain the remedies from. I mentioned needing some info to pass on to others, and she suggested doing a search on Isaac Golden b/c he has a good chart for homeopathic vaccinations. She also pointed out that there are several (if not more!) recommendations, depending on who you talk to, about dosage, how many, how often, etc, so the best starting point is to research the diseases/vaccines and decide which ones you want to do, what dosage you want to use, and how often you want to re-dose. As soon as I get the site info for the nosodes, I'll post them, but she warned they're kinda expensive (like $18/nosode - which really isn't all that bad depending on how often you choose to re-dose (usually annually)) and they're starting to be more difficult for just anyone to obtain.

For DS for now, IMO, less is more. To be honest, he hasn't had ANY!!!!:hide: And, DH and I are okay with that for the time being. DD's had some, but by far not all (especially none of the "newer" ones), and any others she'll get in the future will absolutely be homeopathic.

In the off-chance you haven't read it yet, I really found Dr. Cave's book to be an excellent resource for which diseases I feel need vaccination against at this time, too. Good luck with your research.

keegans_mommy
04-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I talked with the homeopath lady tonight (btw, she DOES do constitutionals - I just took mine a few weeks ago!, but she's NOT a doc), and she's sending me a couple of books for research as well as the sites to actually obtain the remedies from. I mentioned needing some info to pass on to others, and she suggested doing a search on Isaac Golden b/c he has a good chart for homeopathic vaccinations. She also pointed out that there are several (if not more!) recommendations, depending on who you talk to, about dosage, how many, how often, etc, so the best starting point is to research the diseases/vaccines and decide which ones you want to do, what dosage you want to use, and how often you want to re-dose. As soon as I get the site info for the nosodes, I'll post them, but she warned they're kinda expensive (like $18/nosode - which really isn't all that bad depending on how often you choose to re-dose (usually annually)) and they're starting to be more difficult for just anyone to obtain.

For DS for now, IMO, less is more. To be honest, he hasn't had ANY!!!!:hide: And, DH and I are okay with that for the time being. DD's had some, but by far not all (especially none of the "newer" ones), and any others she'll get in the future will absolutely be homeopathic.

In the off-chance you haven't read it yet, I really found Dr. Cave's book to be an excellent resource for which diseases I feel need vaccination against at this time, too. Good luck with your research.

Which ones, in your opinion, need to be guarded against the most? I am always so undecided! I will have to research Dr. Cave :) Thank you for this information and please share more! I am dying to know more and to immunize this baby with homeopathic medications. The dose price isn't as expensive as I imagined so that is great!

Do you know why they are becoming more difficult to obtain? Is the FDA getting involved?

mdeveer
04-10-2008, 09:17 AM
She didn't mention what the hold-up on getting them for personal was exactly, but she apparently doesn't have any issues getting them and told me to contact her if I did.

As for Dr. Stephanie Cave, if you don't already have it, get her book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell you about Children's Vaccines". She is quite obviously not excited about vaccines, however she does give a fairly objective approach to providing info on the various ones out there to help you decide for yourself which ones to get/give. She has a practice in Baton Rouge, LA that focuses solely on children with autism and working to "correct" as many issues as possible. Unfortunately, she does not take insurance, so you have to pay out of pocket, HOWEVER, her office does give all the forms needed to file the claim with your insurance company. My son had serious issues with thrush, which is something they also help with, and I had no problem getting the visit as well as the compound prescriptions covered. Unfortunately, they did some blood smears, and those weren't. :yuck:

As for which ones I'm considering, probably sporadic use of polio (I have an aunt and uncle who adopted a little girl from China, so I'll likely homeopathically vx DS prior to visiting them for the next couple of years) and maybe mumps b/c of the long-term affects for men. Otherwise, I may get a couple of all severe diseases to have on-hand in case of exposure (FYI, although homeopathic meds DO have expiration dates on them, they, in fact, do NOT expire. They're simply required by law to have expiration dates because they are regulated to some extent by the FDA) - such as meningitis. I'm all for them getting chicken pox - DH and I survived it and it decreases they're chances of getting shingles later in life. Also, my sister's ped recommended she get it for her son b/c apparently a lot of parents aren't taking the time to thoroughly clean the wounds (b/c no matter how hard you try, they're going to scratch at least one or two of them open!!), and they're getting infected. This, sadly, has lead to many hospitalizations, etc, which could've been prevented by the parent taking a little more time and patience with their kids!!! Also, it was causing a lot of parents to miss a significant amount of work:headscratch: Sorry, I just realized: :soapbox: :blush:

In summary, the homeopath lady thus far has only given her youngest a couple of precautionary doses of meningitis b/c of exposure and that's it. We both kind of apply the philosophy "less is more", but that's our personal opinion. You have to decide for yourself and your children what you want to do. I'd recommend Dr. Cave's book, and as soon as I've skimmed the books this lady is sending, I'll post about them. Also, the staff, in my experience, at Dr. Cave's office is super sweet and used to get calls with questions, so don't be afraid to give them a try if you need some quick expert advice.:thumbsup:

keegans_mommy
04-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know your name but thank you for your advice! I agree about the Polio one, that really is the only one that scares me enough to want to do something about it. And now that you mention it, the Measles one since my boys are the only ones not 100% vax'd and this little one I carry now is a boy too. I would love to have some of these on hand for "just in case". We have liked having the flu one on hand but luckily have never needed to use it but we have one we use often for colds and we haven't had much more than a sniffle in over 2 years! It's amazing!

Anyway, I will research this more and thank you for posting so much info! Please keep us all abreast on what you learn; it's well appreciated :)

mdeveer
04-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Glad you don't mind my ranting!! :blush: Sorry I get going and realize I've been typing a while...

The big one for boys is mumps, not measles - at least that's my understanding from what I've read - b/c of the risk of infertility. However, I'm not sure I'll vax him against it. DH and I need to discuss b/c I'm thinking I'll just definitely have it on hand in case of exposure - 'cause the risk of even exposure is quite low.

Another very important factor with all of these is overall health. Not necessarily all organic and no "junk" food, just lots of the former and less of the later, KWIM?

I'm glad to finally have someone interested in all of this info I've gathered over the last year-and-a-half, so feel free to ask - I may not know, but I may have someone else I can ask! :giggle:

Dreamer
04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I agree about the Polio one, that really is the only one that scares me enough to want to do something about it.

Unless you're lo will be travelling abroad, you don't have to worry about Polio. The last known case of "wild" Polio in the Western Hemisphere was in 1993 (meaning every other case of Polio was contracted from the vaccine/OPV). Polio was declared IRRADICATED from the Western Hemisphere in 1994.

:thumbsup:

-a

vickieboggs
04-10-2008, 02:54 PM
I plan on doing them with my ds. I live in Canada and the vax schedule is what you want it to be. You can delay or do them as you want selectively. The schools here don't require a child be vax'd so that's great and anything you can get tradtional vax's for you can get homeopathically. You don't administer them your selves either. You go to a registered homeopathic dr and they do it.

keegans_mommy
04-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks for all of this information! I really go back and forth about being very certain we are doing the right thing to..........oh no! What if! My neighbor doesn't vax her girls either and she says she feels the same way. I guess if I do a full or partial homeopathic vax, even if these diseases don't exist here, it would be for my piece of mind I suppose. I am undecided!

Keep the info coming though! I am eating this stuff up!

mdeveer
08-23-2008, 09:39 AM
I finally got a book list from the homeopath lady but no books, and I haven't gotten any yet. Here's her recommended list, though: Here is the list of vaccine books that I told you about:
1.Vaccine free Prevention and Treatment.... by Kate Birch

2.The Case Against Immunizations by Richard Moskowitz, M.D. (Excellent)

3. Homeopathy and Immunization by Leslie Speight

4. A Shot in the Dark by Harris Coulter and Barbara Fisher

5. The Vaccine Guide by Randall Neustaedter, OMD (especially good book)

6. What Your Doctor may not tell you about children's vaccinations by Stephanie Cave, M.D. (I wasn't impressed)

7.Homeopathy Alternatives to Immunisation by Susan Curtis (good)

8. Vaccination? A Review of Risks and Alternatives by Isaac Golden (Excellent and very helpful)

Also, I recently came across a video link from another natural mom group in the area that's so informative about the diseases and vaccines you guys may be interested. Fair warning, though, it is long - like almost 3 hours. I was actually able to finish it throughout one day, though.:giggle: Okay, here's the link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7018835240451107552. I know a lot of you are already not into giving regular vaccines, but I found it informative concerning the diseases, plus Dr. Tenpenny switched from being an MD in an ER to being an osteopath.

pillywiggins
08-27-2008, 12:49 PM
You can get nosodes at elixirs.com. I'm wondering if the doses are strong enough. We don't have a homeopathic doctor close to us at all. I have a chiro that is in contact with Davis?? (I think) in Cali and he is looking into some for us.
From what I can tell on the website,they are nosodes that counteract the the vaccine. You can buy pre and post pack for each vaccine. So does that make it a vaccine too or just a pre and post help from them?

We aren't vaxing our LO's anymore. Our Dd just got into pre-K and I have to bring the religious exempt letter on Friday. I'm wondering how much of a stink they are going to give us.

thefragile7393
08-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Unless you're lo will be travelling abroad, you don't have to worry about Polio. The last known case of "wild" Polio in the Western Hemisphere was in 1993 (meaning every other case of Polio was contracted from the vaccine/OPV). Polio was declared IRRADICATED from the Western Hemisphere in 1994.

:thumbsup:

-a
Not only this, but there are different types of polio, and the vaccine is only for the paralytic type and I wish I could remember if it was like the WC vaccine...dosn't prevent transmission or infection. Insidevaccines.com might have that answer.

And straight from the CDC:
Up to 95% of persons infected with polio will have no symptoms. About four to eight percent of infected persons have minor symptoms such as fever, fatigue, nausea, headache, flu-like symptoms, stiffness in the neck and back, and pain in the limbs which often resolves completely. Fewer than one percent of polio cases result in permanent paralysis of the limbs (usually the legs). Of those paralyzed, 5-10% die when the paralysis strikes the respiratory muscles.
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/polio/in-short-both.htm

clothmommy
08-28-2008, 09:31 AM
hey, sorry to jump in but what about diptheria? tetanus and pertussis? any advice on that? whooping cough (pertussis?) is actually making a comeback in the older population at this time- my friends mom had it and landed in the hospital.

what to do about that? does that one have mercury in it?

bug2003
08-29-2008, 03:20 PM
hey, sorry to jump in but what about diptheria? tetanus and pertussis? any advice on that? whooping cough (pertussis?) is actually making a comeback in the older population at this time- my friends mom had it and landed in the hospital.

I don't have any info regarding homeopathic vax's, but the vax for whooping cough (pertussis is right) is one of the least effective vaxes. In other words, it's not really making a comeback, it's still been around. A lot of doctors will think it can't possibly be that if a child has been vaxed against it, but in a lot of cases, it really is whooping cough.

clothmommy
08-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Oh- good to know- I read that book you mentioned quite a while back and I remember that one of the vaccines actually made you MORE at risk of the disease but I don't remember which one that was... The more you know the more you wish you didn't,LOL! So much responsibility goes with knowledge- sometimes I wish I could feed my kid soda and McD's everyday and go on believing it was fine. I've learned so much about health since my DD was born that our entire lifestyle has changed. I guess it takes time for it to feel normal though...

lyn1270
08-29-2008, 05:27 PM
BTW-I highly doubt that schools and daycares would accept these as these are not mandated by the FDA as they don't make money off of it. (seriously rolling eyes here)

i agree. we use the remedies all the time, and most people look at us funny just for that. i'll have to look at the sites posted in this thread & read up about the vacs, though.

mdeveer
09-12-2008, 08:03 PM
You can get nosodes at elixirs.com. I'm wondering if the doses are strong enough. We don't have a homeopathic doctor close to us at all. I have a chiro that is in contact with Davis?? (I think) in Cali and he is looking into some for us.
From what I can tell on the website,they are nosodes that counteract the the vaccine. You can buy pre and post pack for each vaccine. So does that make it a vaccine too or just a pre and post help from them?

We aren't vaxing our LO's anymore. Our Dd just got into pre-K and I have to bring the religious exempt letter on Friday. I'm wondering how much of a stink they are going to give us.

I've been looking more into the homeopathic vaxes lately, and according to a few homeopathic practitioners that's not what homeopathy is all about, so it wouldn't work. One article I read was about Hanneman (I kinda butchered the spelling of his name, but he's one of the guys who started homeopathy in the 1800's I believe) going to an area infected with small pox and giving homes of individuals individual doses of the three remedies that had proven most effective in helping the majority of infected people and told those not infected to only take it if exposed - and to clean up their house! The major issue with small pox spreading was sanitation, not lack of vaccine. Plus, of course the homeopathic remedies helped those infected get better. However, he did not advocate community-wide "vaccination" with homeopathic remedies "just in case".

Another lady who practices homeopathy said the longest a homeopathic "vax" would last is about 6 weeks - and, again, as with the allopathic vaxes, it would only work for the strain/symptoms included in the remedy. The conclusion: have the remedies on hand in case of exposure but don't use homeopathy like allopathic medicine b/c it's not!

Please try to watch Dr. Tenpenny's video (see previous post by me). You could try to move the cursor slowly enough to catch the slide for the DTaP vaccine in particular and watch that section to get that info specifically, if you don't have time for the whole thing. Basically, though, pertussis is coming back b/c of the vaccine, and it's caused by a bacteria (at least I'm pretty sure that's the one - try to watch the video!), so if immunity is given (which it often isn't) it doesn't last long. Think about this, too: I have 2 dogs that I selective/delay vax b/c of a reaction in one, and the vet and I specifically discussed the kennel cough one b/c he said it doesn't usually last more than 11 months b/c it's a bacterial infection and that's just the way they work - they're very difficult to get immunity to through vaccination!!!!

Good luck with all of your research. For those of you considering or already not using allopathic vaccines (or just want some more slightly biased info in the other direction), there's a really good yahoo group I joined recently called "Vaccinations". The list owner is a former RN now practicing homeopath, and there are even a few MD's on there!:giggle:

newmommy13
11-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Oh- good to know- I read that book you mentioned quite a while back and I remember that one of the vaccines actually made you MORE at risk of the disease but I don't remember which one that was... The more you know the more you wish you didn't,LOL! So much responsibility goes with knowledge- sometimes I wish I could feed my kid soda and McD's everyday and go on believing it was fine. I've learned so much about health since my DD was born that our entire lifestyle has changed. I guess it takes time for it to feel normal though...

this is so true! it doesn't help with the feeling normal thing when everyone around you is thinking youre a freak for doing things differently than everyone else. :dontlikeit: