PDA

View Full Version : Honda CRV's do you have one? carseat question

shannona626
03-11-2008, 06:18 PM
I am beginning to research which car seat I should use for the upcoming little baby. My husband and I just purchased a Honda CRV. Should most car seats fit into this type of car??? What are the best car seats to look into? I like the idea of an infant car seat at first and then going straight into a convertible car seat.
I know that when I go shopping for the seat that I can just try it out in the car, but I guess I don't want to waste time trying out car seats that aren't considered safe. Any help would be very appreciated.

arly1983
03-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I had an 04 Honda CRV and I could fit almost anything in it and even get 3-across.
I have installed these infant carriers in it:
Britax Companion
Graco Snugride
Graco Safeseat

For convertables:
Britax Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard
SKJP Radian

A good place to ask carseat questions is car-seat.org (http://www.car-seat.org/). There are lots of great carseat techs and information there.

Forest77
03-11-2008, 06:25 PM
I have the Graco safe seat and we have to put the passenger seat forward a bit for it to fit in our CR-V. In our Subaru the front seat had to be all the way forward! The snug ride is smaller and would probably be a better fit if you and DH are tall.

shannona626
03-11-2008, 06:29 PM
I had an 04 Honda CRV and I could fit almost anything in it and even get 3-across.
I have installed these infant carriers in it:
Britax Companion
Graco Snugride
Graco Safeseat

For convertables:
Britax Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard
SKJP Radian

A good place to ask carseat questions is car-seat.org (http://www.car-seat.org/). There are lots of great carseat techs and information there.

I have the Graco safe seat and we have to put the passenger seat forward a bit for it to fit in our CR-V. In our Subaru the front seat had to be all the way forward! The snug ride is smaller and would probably be a better fit if you and DH are tall.

Thanks mamas!!! I'll check out the website! If we only had to push the passenger seat forward a little, I'm sure that would be fine. We're actually both on the short side. DH is only 5'7" and I'm 5'2". I guess that's good in this situation.

MW69842
03-11-2008, 06:51 PM
My DP just bought a 2008 Honda CR-V 2 weeks ago. She has one of DD's Britax Marathons installed in the center of the back seat. It's a GREAT fit.

When I am in the front passenger seat (or driver's seat, for that matter) I can recline all the way back (I found this out when we were playing with all of the new car's features and stuff...), which is nice when I want to check on DD.

shannona626
03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
My DP just bought a 2008 Honda CR-V 2 weeks ago. She has one of DD's Britax Marathons installed in the center of the back seat. It's a GREAT fit.

When I am in the front passenger seat (or driver's seat, for that matter) I can recline all the way back (I found this out when we were playing with all of the new car's features and stuff...), which is nice when I want to check on DD.

I haven't even started to play w/ many of the cars features. I'm slightly overwhelmed with it all. I've always had used cars...so to have something brand new is exciting. I'm terrified to drive it on the road though...we bought the car because I wrecked my DH's Honda Accord :banghead:. Is the Britax Marathon a convertible seat?

brooklynn
03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
One of the girls in my cert class had a CR-V and we installed a ton of seats in her car! I loved the car and got easy/fairly easy and great installs on almost every seat I tried in her car.
ETA: And yes, the Marathon is a convertible seat... new '08 models RF to 35 pounds, FF to 65 pounds.

jackyl08
03-11-2008, 08:00 PM
The other posters gave you some great info, but I wanted to throw in a vote for trying the Chicco Keyfit. It comes in a 22lb version and a 30lb version. It's lightweight and nicely padded. The harness adjuster is like buttah! Seriously, it's so smooth. The Snugride and Safeseat are great, too! FTR, all car seats have to pass the same standards, so you want to look for some key features: an upfront harness adjuster(one strap between babies legs, rather than two on the back), something you can use correctly and something that fits in the car. Other than that, they are all safe. Personally, I do not care for the Evenflo infant seats because you have to put the handle down in the car and have 1.5" clearance. This is nearly impossible in many cars. Plus, they are flimsy and hard to install. That ergonomic handle is not all it's cracked up to be.

missajeep
03-12-2008, 12:35 PM
My CRV is 05 and we have a Graco booster on one side and a Graco infant carseat in the middle. They fit well and can even fit an adult on the other side. Not bad.

MW69842
03-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I haven't even started to play w/ many of the cars features. I'm slightly overwhelmed with it all. I've always had used cars...so to have something brand new is exciting. I'm terrified to drive it on the road though...we bought the car because I wrecked my DH's Honda Accord :banghead:. Is the Britax Marathon a convertible seat?

Yes, it is. We had the Graco SnugRide infant seat for DD until she was 6 months old (at which time, she outgrew the infant seat by height...) and of course, that installed just fine in my car (2003 Ford Taurus SE). DP's old vehicle was a 2002 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab truck.

We have the convertible seat rear facing and will probably keep her that way until she's 18 months or so. She will be 8 months old next Thursday.