PDA

View Full Version : Last min things

Miles
03-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Does any of you have any last min things to do before the baby comes? Buy anything or have it all?

We have everything already, but I want to clean up my hallway and DD rooms before she comes. Other than that I want to try to relax. My bag is packed and I hope I have everything in it! I didnt have time to pack a bag with my DD, so I had to find lists off the internet as to what to put in the bag!

Cranberrycove
03-31-2008, 12:44 PM
:) I'm due April 30th and I totally forgot about the hospital bag until just now when I read your post. eek! :)

sprout18
03-31-2008, 12:47 PM
I still have to pack my bag and wash the diapers, bassinet stuff and carseat cover. I bought my nursing bra and some hats for the little one this weekend so I think we have pretty much everything and our set. Just waiting for the little one to decide to come - hopefully that will be soon!

Miles
03-31-2008, 12:54 PM
:) I'm due April 30th and I totally forgot about the hospital bag until just now when I read your post. eek! :)

LOL! I had to do it early since I have GD and not sure when she was going to come. I did it around 35 wks, you still have time so your safe!

I just finished up washing everything this wkend when I was feeling ok. I feel like crap today, not sure of the stress that has been going on here the last week or what. I am trying to just relax today in hopes it will go away.

vmccal1
03-31-2008, 01:00 PM
My favorite last minute thing to do was unpack my bag! I decided 2 days before DS was born and after much research to deliver at home with a midwife. It was so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Miles
03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
I wish I could have a home birth, I have GD so I cant.

kezoo
03-31-2008, 01:39 PM
I have to sort out my nursing bras yet (e.g. weed out the old ones that I can't bear to wear for the THIRD time!). I also can't find my sleeping bra... grrr. I also have about 10 dipes left to wash (all the small pockets/AI2s) and have to get the dipes organized into the dresser. Everything else is ready to go! Yay! Oh, except for a name for this LO...small item right?

Miles
03-31-2008, 01:43 PM
My best friend didnt have a name with any of her girls until after she had them.

Christina
03-31-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm a little over 37 weeks and I *still* have not packed my hospital bag, and I haven't even purchased everything I need for my hospital bag! I need some toiletries, another nightgown, another nursing bra, a comfy outfit to wear home, and a few other things. I also need to pack all of the cloth diapers and a couple of outfits for the baby to wear. Ack! I so need to get on the ball!

Other than that the crib is sidecarred to our bed, all of her diapers are washed, all of her clothes washed. The house has been pretty well decluttered and cleaned and I have almost everything else I need so it's just the hospital bag that needs to get done. I need to get a sling but I think I'm going to wait until she gets here and then buy one from our local store that has a wide selection.

pixilated
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Clean the carpets, I still haven't gotten around to doing it yet. And I NEED to install the infant seat base in DH's Exploder tomorrow. I don't trust him to do it(that's what happens when you've been a CPS technician)

Other than that, I'm washing up the prefolds now, then I'm going to dye the infant CPF's.

I would like to caught up on all the laundry too. And I'm hauling recycling to the center later tonight.

Miles
03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh my I thought I was done guess not, we have to do the seat base too not that I think about. Not sure what one to put it in mine or his, most likely his since we take that all of the time.

I had to buy things too for my bag but thank heaven its over and done with!

kezoo
03-31-2008, 03:59 PM
And I NEED to install the infant seat base in DH's Exploder tomorrow.

I HOPE it's not exploding....LOL!!!!!

pixilated
03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
:giggle: I've called it the Exploder since the day he brought it home. Old habits die hard.

I still need to install the Radian in my car for the baby, but I need to clean it out again first. It's amazing the amount of crap that a 5yo can accumulate in the back seat of a vehicle.

Miles
03-31-2008, 05:09 PM
LOL my DH calls it the same thing hun! He hates them wont buy one, my sister owns one and picks on her all of the time about it!
I agree with the crap in the back seat, right now my MIL is using my car since her truck went to crap so that is why I think we will put it in the Blazer. I had to clean out my car because MIL using it, and it was horrible. I cant believe the stuff that she stuck in the seats and under them gross!

normajean
03-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Prepare some meals to freeze
Pack my hospital bag
Buy wipes and newborn disposables
Make sure I have enough mama pads and breast pads
Clean breast pump
Buy shirts and make " Big Sister/ Big Brother " shirts
Buy older siblings gifts from the baby

I'm sure there will be more!

JulieRobin
04-01-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm due between the 10th and the 15th and I think I'm all ready mentally. We are having our son at home so no need to pack a bag. We don't have the crib up or the bassinet out or any of those things... I'm waiting because I know my dd will want to play with them. My house is a big mess and it drives me crazy but with a 22 month old running around there isn't too much I can do. As soon as I organized a room she ram shacks it. And my back hurts and it is hard to bend down to pick things up. I'm trying to take things easy.
Anyway, We are excited about the new arrival but too busy it seems to worry about loose ends. It doesn't really matter anyway we co-sleep so who needs a crib or bassinet. All his tiny clothes have been washed and folded and nicely put in labeled bins months ago. His newborn diapers are as cute as ever waiting for the day they'll get used. My parents are arriving next week to help out. I'm not stressed just worn out.

normajean
04-01-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm due between the 10th and the 15th and I think I'm all ready mentally. We are having our son at home so no need to pack a bag. We don't have the crib up or the bassinet out or any of those things... I'm waiting because I know my dd will want to play with them. My house is a big mess and it drives me crazy but with a 22 month old running around there isn't too much I can do. As soon as I organized a room she ram shacks it. And my back hurts and it is hard to bend down to pick things up. I'm trying to take things easy.
Anyway, We are excited about the new arrival but too busy it seems to worry about loose ends. It doesn't really matter anyway we co-sleep so who needs a crib or bassinet. All his tiny clothes have been washed and folded and nicely put in labeled bins months ago. His newborn diapers are as cute as ever waiting for the day they'll get used. My parents are arriving next week to help out. I'm not stressed just worn out.

cleaning the house is just one of those things we probably all don't enjoy doing! I take 1 or 2 rooms a day to clean and the rest of the stuff I just organize ( toys everywhere, leftovers in the refridge from last week,etc). Give your kid some playdoh or markers at teh table and work around him. It usually helps us.

Frogjump
04-06-2008, 01:16 AM
I need to get the house clean. Need to finish cross stitching baby blanket OH, and I still need to make some more diapers. Oh, well what gets done gets done, and what doesn't can wait till another day.

TheQueenKat
04-06-2008, 07:35 AM
I still have a LOT to do!

1. Clean out my car and install the infant seat. My DD has a ton of stuff in the back.

2. Find my breastpump. I know its gotta be in the basement, but where?? I cant find it and I dont want to pay another $300 or whatever for a new one.

3. Finish my short term disability papers.

4. Get my taxes done before this baby gets here.

5. Purchase a few more baby things: swing, bouncy seat, and gates are on the top of the list.

6. Pack my bag for the hospital.

And theres more, Im sure. Thats just all I can think of so early this morning. :giggle:

Car's Mama
04-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm due today (HAPPY DUE DATE TO ME!) and I am so ready to go it's absurd. Diapers are washed and ready to go. Clothes and blankets and other accessories are washed and in the dresser, crib is up (babe will sleep in our room in the crib) bedding on, carseat installed, bath stuff bought, all misc. stuff bought, house CLEAN (I did that like a woman posessed yesterday; including shampooing carpets), my post partum items purchased including my cloth nursing pads and mama pads. I've even gone so far as to set up a nursing station next to my recliner (basket with nursing pads, happy mama spray, chapstick, easy packaged snacks etc...)

I figure I'm so prepared I'm going to be pregnant forever, it's the mamas that have things left to do that get to go early!!!

Christina
04-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I figure I'm so prepared I'm going to be pregnant forever, it's the mamas that have things left to do that get to go early!!!

This is why I still haven't packed my bags or gotten anything ready for the baby at the hospital either. I figure if I'm unprepared maybe she'll come a little early :giggle:

JeanieNGmommy
04-12-2008, 04:37 PM
buy a new carseat is all i can think of other than some wool items but they arent as important as the seat. dh finally agreed to let us get a new one when i told him my worries about safty since its had allot of use