PDA

View Full Version : when is everyone telling?

ctj101502
04-01-2008, 05:39 PM
We aren't saying anything till we either find out the sex or until I just look so big people begin asking. Which they could have started doing that months ago!! LOL!!

HookedByCarolyn
04-01-2008, 06:46 PM
We told EVERYONE within hours of me peeing on the stick!!! :roflmbo: We aren't superstitious. I look at it like...if "something bad" were to happen...(Lord willing it wont) then I would want my family to support me through it, so there's no reason not to tell them.

We are actually planning our wedding right now for the end of the month, so it would have been pretty cool to tell everyone then, but...too late now! :giggle:

ambered
04-02-2008, 02:29 AM
We got the bfp Fri, and had a big bbq on Sunday with my friends and dh's Marines from work & told then!

CTJ, does your post mean you're starting this pg at a higher than avg weight? Not being rude, I swear! Just wondering because I myself am at the SAME weight as a month after having ds 18 months ago (195) despite the last year of trying unsuccessfully to lose the weight, and a bit worried about the added weight on TOP of what's already there. Anyone else???

HookedByCarolyn
04-02-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm having just the opposite problem. :banghead: Breastfeeding really takes the weight off of me. I actually have to drink meal suppliment drinks on top of my regular diet to stay a good weight while I BF. And now that I'm preggers, I don't know what to do. I'm eating for 3!!! I really hope my midwife doesn't want me to wean ds! :cry:

pearryandbellasmama
04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
I've told my sister and best friends. That's it! I'm going to wait a little while longer to tell everyone else. I've had a m/c before so I'm just waiting to be certain that everything is well ,then I'll spread the good news.

Lisonh
04-03-2008, 06:16 AM
I just found out yesterday but really today for sure . DH don't even know yet . I told my sister and friend . I just want to wait to at least pass the 6 week mark , as i m/c at 5 1/2 weeks and then at 5 weeks with my ectopic .

ctj101502
04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Ambered, yup!! HEre is the run down, never been a skinny minny, preggo with 1st 154, preggo with 2nd 198 preggo with 3rd 164 preggo now tih 4 210>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I told DH we are spending lots of moolah to fix me afterwards, you know the whole slim for life crapola!!

thestafs
04-07-2008, 08:59 PM
told some of my close friends and then went to tell one friend and then did not realize I replied on email to a whole group so now they all know! I just dont want to hear it from my family and dh family about how are we going to do this and babies are so expensive... blah blah blah, we know that! They are such downers! I just want to make sure this is a good bean and then I will tell but expensive or not, one or more is on the way!!! (This woul dbe my 6th so that is why they are all donw on it)

marymom
04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
we just found out today :jawdrop: we have a 7.5 yo, 2 yo, and a 12 mo. everyone will be thrilled but the inlaws, they are in the mindset that 2 is plenty. even SIL had her tubes tied after 2. it will be a while before we tell them, lol.

sheets332
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM
i found out yesterday! :lostit: :lostit: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i told my three closet friends and hubby of course but other then that we are waiting til the 6 week mark, since i went through a m/c at 5 weeks earlier this year, and it was extremely hard for me to tell everyone we lost the baby after we told them so just waiting til then.

cereal527
04-08-2008, 05:02 PM
We just found out last night and I'm unsure of when to tell everyone. I'm extra nervous this time because in February I m/c right after I found out about being pregnant, and the cramping I'm having is not calming my nerves at all. We usually wait until after my first doctor appointment to tell people, and that is usually around 8 weeks. I will probably tell my best friend earlier though because I always tell her right away.
Both dh's and my families thought we were crazy when we told them we were having #3, I can't even begin to imagine the comments we are going to get now that we are expecting #4 and our youngest is only 14 months. Why can't family just be happy for us?

SharonCole
04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
we just found out today :jawdrop: we have a 7.5 yo, 2 yo, and a 12 mo. everyone will be thrilled but the inlaws, they are in the mindset that 2 is plenty. even SIL had her tubes tied after 2. it will be a while before we tell them, lol.

OMG!! Thank you!! I am sooo glad I am not the only one! My husband is the youngest of 7, 5 girls 2 boys (one being his twin brother and 3 being step sisters). 3 of the couples have been "snipped" or whatever and MIL keeps telling us we should to it too because we have a boy and a girl.. Now I am due in December with the 3rd and we have told all our friends and family except for his... I just can't take the negativity that comes from his family, and he agrees that they can be rediculous about things. My first Dr. appt. is April 22nd and I think we will tell them then, but we have known since March 30th (confirmend by the nurse April 1st) and I just don't feel like hearing the "oooh nooo!" thing my MIL does every time you tell her something she doesn't agree with...

On a happier note, we were not expecting to expect.. LOL... but we are very excited and have to make some big changes including buying a van and moving rooms around. But I can't wait!

mommyoftwoboys
04-10-2008, 06:57 AM

My FIL actually said he'd pay for me to get my tubes tied when I was having my second, since I had to have c-sections, and there was no way insurance would pay for the tubes tied.

My husband says this is the last, and he's gunna get snipped, so good for him. I'm still not getting my tubes tied. lol.

marymom
04-11-2008, 07:23 AM
My FIL actually said he'd pay for me to get my tubes tied when I was having my second, since I had to have c-sections, and there was no way insurance would pay for the tubes tied.

My husband says this is the last, and he's gunna get snipped, so good for him. I'm still not getting my tubes tied. lol.

if my FIL said that to me i would have kicked him!!!

mommyoftwoboys
04-11-2008, 10:02 AM
if my FIL said that to me i would have kicked him!!!

Believe me I wanted to. We had our oldest son tell him that we're having another baby. Needless to say he didnt jump up for joy. When we told them we were pregnant with our second, he actually blurted out, were you trying to get pregnant, I made it a point to make sure my husband said we were actually trying this time.

JaeCicc
04-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm four weeks (just found out for sure yesterday). I told two of my best friends and my husband told some guys at work. We're going to visit DH's family on Sunday and then my family the following Saturday so I'm waiting to tell them in person and it's killing me! I just talked to my mom on the phone and almost blurted it out eight different times. I keep telling myself that it will be worth the agony now to be able to see their reaction. We're in the military so we didn't get to tell them in person last time, and they weren't there for the birth either so I want it to be special. By the time we get back from visiting we'll be six weeks and we'll tell the world! I had a m/c last month in the 4th week so I'm just a little anxious still... :goodvibes:

Mum2Addison
04-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Heehee, I'm so excited, I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow! I've told DH and a couple of good friends, but the rest have to wait for the good news until after my first doc's appt.

AutumnMama
04-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Well I'm 5 wks today and I've told my side of the family (they don't live around here), and my best friend. We won't be telling the kids or probably anyone else until 10-12 weeks. I do hate waiting that long though, it was really hard not to tell my MIL when we went over there yesterday!

With DS2 I don't think we told people other than immediate family until I couldn't hide it anymore...I think 14 or 15 weeks?

pantufla
04-11-2008, 07:03 PM
With DS#1 we told everyone at around 12 weeks, when we heard the hb. (Before DS#1 I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks.) With DS#2 we didn't tell family until 13 weeks, and friends until 14 weeks, and we might have waited longer if one of my friends hadn't guessed and started spreading rumors! :yuck: With this babe, we uh, we weren't exactly TTC :blush: so it's still a bit of a shock. I have NO idea when (or HOW) we're going to tell family, but I already told a bunch of close friends.

MyLil'Mountaineers
04-12-2008, 09:19 AM
We told my MIL and FIL and my sister and mom. Haven't told anyone else. We are planning on telling them on my birthday at the end of May. My entire family is going to the beach in June and I have a feeling I'll be wearing maternity pants by then. I've also had a m/c and untelling sucks. So, we like to wait until we hear the hb and know that everything will more than likely be ok.

I'm actually nervous about telling everyone. My family is of the mindset that, if you have more than 2 c-sections, you'll die while having them. This is all because my mom's OB told her after her 2nd c-section that women can't have more than 2. You know what year that was? 1979!!!!!! That's right. Thirty years ago!! :rolleyes: Also, my mom had a less than thrilled reaction even though she knew we had been TTC for almost 2 yrs. Oh, well! She doesn't have to raise them. :thumbsup:

Congrats, everyone!!!!!

coyotesmom
04-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I just found out today. Only dh knows. I am still thinking about when to tell everyone. Unfortunately I have to tell my manager at my pt job soon, since I can't handle the wildlife. If I don't tell my mom first she will some how find out and be mad.

thestafs
04-13-2008, 06:04 PM
I told some friends and my mom and 2 sisters so far. My mom actually said to think about getting rid of this one. She had 8 of use but she is saying that we have no money and we are moving, not good timing. Poor kids won't be able to have any time with us since we have 5 all close together. So this being #6 (if not multiples) makes her think this is bad...

Oh well, I love this baby or babies as much as theothers!

AutumnMama
04-14-2008, 01:38 AM
I told some friends and my mom and 2 sisters so far. My mom actually said to think about getting rid of this one. She had 8 of use but she is saying that we have no money and we are moving, not good timing. Poor kids won't be able to have any time with us since we have 5 all close together. So this being #6 (if not multiples) makes her think this is bad...

Oh well, I love this baby or babies as much as theothers!

:hugs: I'm sorry! I had someone suggest that to me also, and this is only #4 for us!
She did apologize profusely when I told her how it made me feel. It sounds like you're taking it ok though.

daisysock
04-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Well, I found out Friday after a bought a box of 2 tests "just to be sure" since I was having cramps but no AF....well I nearly fell off the toilet when I saw those 2 dark lines come up almost immediately!!!! We weren't starting to TTC till June....ooopss. Still very shocked as this baby is a total surprise...we never wanted a December baby, but I guess God has other plans....maybe this is our girl!!!! After I took the 2nd test, and it came up positive too, I told dh when he got home from work and we bought another test(which also came out + as well, lol) He almost immediately called his boss(who is a very close friend) Then his mom, and then his dad and step mom. I don't want to tell anyone else yet, I made two shirts for each of the boys and will take a picture to send to the rest of the family to let them know.

bubbalooX4
04-14-2008, 09:00 PM
We've told some people (our parents, close friends..) but I probably won't tell everyone until either -- after my first u/s (should be this week) or around 12 weeks.

MatildasMum
04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
I told my mother right away - she told my father and my brother.

We are planning on telling DHs family tomorrow!

jaimet777
04-17-2008, 09:49 PM
I told my mom and my close friends. We'll probably tell everyone in a few weeks since we're going back home to visit then! I think I might make a tshirt for my son that says "I'm going to be a big brother!" and let him wear it when we get there ;)

sarichnboys
04-18-2008, 05:20 AM
I found out yesterday. I have told my mom and a friend and dh told a friend. I think I am going to tell everyone at my sons b-day by putting a tee on the baby that says I'm going to be a big brother.
I will tell my brother and sil before that bc the just had a mc and I don't want to upset them.

kateri25
04-18-2008, 08:15 AM
I have this strong inablity to keep my mouth shut. I have suspected for 2 weeks. So when I finally got a dark enough line to make me happy yesterday I told EVERYONE. Hubby is just as bad. We both feel much better about this one than the last that I lost around 3 weeks.

Maddie&Jake'sMom
04-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I tested positive on Sunday April 6th. Went to my doctor's office to do a test there to confirm on Monday and told DH Tuesday.

We have not decided when we're telling our families yet. This is unexpected, not planned at all....so we're a little nervous to tell everyone yet.

Although, we're going to my ILs this weekend...and I've started to get symptoms today...so this could be an interesting weekend. :blush:

boom1128
04-18-2008, 01:25 PM
well i told some friends and dh told his co-workers and his bosses. we'll tell his family cause they'll be happy. my family though will probably act as though i have ruined my life yet again so i don't know when i'll tell them. maybe when labor starts......lol

katengrace
04-22-2008, 11:47 AM
We haven't told anyone yet...mostly because I think everyone is going to freak! I don't even really want to think about it now...I can just hear my dad say "So you figure out where they're comin' from?" To top it off my sister struggles with infertility..just found out in order to have a baby she needs an egg donor. Of course she asked me a couple of days before I found out the good news. I don't know how to break it to her.:cry: I'm still trying to get used to the idea of 3 babies in 3 years!

Myles_104
04-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Well I told my dh when all I got was a faint line, but told my family when I confirmed it with another test. We haven't told DH's family yet, that has to be done in person.
As for friends, we are waiting till we can't keep it a secret anymore. Probably around 12-14 weeks, as this is my 3rd, I'll probably show early

ThatLinGirl
04-22-2008, 01:10 PM
I told internet friends immediately. I'm telling my mom on Weds.

Everyone else, probably once we're a good bit into the second trimester. I know how common miscarriage is and there are a lot of people I wouldn't want to have to un-tell.

nannersmama
04-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Well...all my internet friends know, but I haven't even told DH...he isn't feeling well and has been sleeping mostly and well..his lack of excitement would probably disappoint me..so I may tell him tonight.

As for family..just not sure yet. They will all be so concerned about finances and stuff that I don't really think I want the stress. We may wait until after the first trimester is over. I dunno!

marymom
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
everyone now knows except my DH's family. his mom doesn't have a normal perception of pregnancy & birth. she is convinced i will die. :headscratch:

momto3girls
04-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I've told my hubby who is shocked along with me. This was very unexpected. I also told my mom and best friend. We'll tell more family after or at the end of the first trimester.