PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Roriesmama
04-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I am totally new here :) Hello! My daughter is almost 6 so we haven't Cd in a looong time. She potty learned when she was freshly 2. I am totally back into getting CDs since I am due at the end of next month!

I have never CD a NB before so I am alittle lost. I do have a heavy addiction to CDs and we have 30 NB ones with a few on the way. I just can't help it!! So far I think I am going to love thirsties fitteds. Do just fitteds work well at home for NB??

Nice to meet you all!!

oscarandbabys
04-05-2008, 06:04 PM
hi mama!!! i havent cd's a nb either :giggle: i think we'll learn together. Although i have read that thirsties fitteds are'nt all that absorbent :banghead: i have some too. Oh well as long as it catches the poo:yuck: :giggle:

maybe we should make some doublers, just in case:thumbsup:

whens your due date? we are may 18th

etsdtm99
04-05-2008, 09:03 PM
i, too, have never CD'd a newborn!

I have SO many diapers!! i still have a feeling i'm going to be a little short when it comes to newborn stuff.. i have 6 covers ~20 prefitteds but some are bigger than others..once we get into smalls though i have SO much.. it will be an interesting learning experience with nearly every diaper i have being slightly different! .. i also have 20 small fuzzibunz and 12 BG 2.0 OS so if i don't like the fitteds or prefolds i've got those.. or if i don't like those i've got fitteds and prefolds i guess.. we'll see.. something better work..

DommysMommy
04-06-2008, 08:47 PM
New to cding a newborn as well. I started buying with DS1 when he was about 4-6 months, but really didn't get started until December or so when he was over a year! I never really had enough, so we put it off. But I totally plan on doing CDs with this one from day 1. I have WAY too much, but I just couldn't stop. I justified by saying I could resell, but I'm not sure if I can do that!
I have to go through the stash again to remember how much of what I have. I have a HUGE tote full of dipes, and still some that sit on top cause it has no more room! Maybe I'll hunt for my thread of my stash and put it in here.

shureeg
04-07-2008, 08:43 AM
hi! I started cding my 15 month old just a month ago. haven't even started on the new baby's stash! better get busy though!!!! great to meet you.

cherylchoo
04-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I started CDing late with my other two, so this is my first NB as well. I had planned to make all these NB fitteds, then the drs told me this baby would likely be 10+lbs if carried to due date. Knowing that, and that my first grew to 10 lbs in less than a month, I've shown great restraint in buying/making the NB fitteds. Which is SO hard, those itty bitty dipes are SO CUTE!

So I'm starting with infant PFs and covers, and when the baby is in the mediums, I'm probably going to go crazy. I actually have *2* CD stores within 20 minutes driving distance of my house, and a slew of WAHMs that make stuff about 45 miles away, so even if I can't manage to make any on my own, I can still get whatever I want fairly quickly.

But I can't wait to see everyones NB CD pix! I'm so jealous!

DommysMommy
04-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I started CDing late with my other two, so this is my first NB as well. I had planned to make all these NB fitteds, then the drs told me this baby would likely be 10+lbs if carried to due date. Knowing that, and that my first grew to 10 lbs in less than a month, I've shown great restraint in buying/making the NB fitteds. Which is SO hard, those itty bitty dipes are SO CUTE!

So I'm starting with infant PFs and covers, and when the baby is in the mediums, I'm probably going to go crazy. I actually have *2* CD stores within 20 minutes driving distance of my house, and a slew of WAHMs that make stuff about 45 miles away, so even if I can't manage to make any on my own, I can still get whatever I want fairly quickly.

But I can't wait to see everyones NB CD pix! I'm so jealous!

Yeah, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to use my nb/xs stash. DS1 came out a hair over 7 lbs, but grew VERY quickly. If this new one is like his brother, I might get a week or so out of them.
And I've discovered CDing a NB is not about saving money! At least if you choose a route other than prefolds! I've spent WAY more on cloth than I would've on sposies in the newborn stage!

DommysMommy
04-07-2008, 08:43 PM
So here's a link to the thread of my nb/small stash. There has been a bit added since then, but not enough to take more pics yet I think. In a week or so, I'm gonna do another wash for them, so I'll prolly take more pics as I fold and put up.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348945&highlight=Dommysmommy

road2healthy
04-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Well, I am not only new to CDing a NB.. but new to CDing completely! This might be interesting but I am so excited! I started out with just having a small stash.. both DSs were over 8 pounds but soon found myself with a whole newborn stash.. although our main will be PF and wool/fleece covers I am looking forward to trying my AOI/AI2, fitted and pockets!