PDA

View Full Version : I no longer believe in contractions

Bright_Life_Toys
04-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I have been having TONS of bloody show since yesterday morning. (TMI, sorry.) I've also been contracting every 6 minutes since yesterday around 4 p.m. They refuse to get closer together. Gr! I no longer believe in them. I will go in to L&D when she falls out, I guess. :giggle2:

ClothDiaperMePlease
04-04-2008, 02:46 PM
:hugs: it's coming, just wait :)

MamaZelly
04-04-2008, 03:03 PM
She's coming, Mama..don't you worry! Some babies just take a little longer to decide for sure.

One good thing about these prolonged labors--you get to stay home and do your own thing, without being messed with (if you're going for a hosp birth). She's probably doing a nice gradual job of opening up your cervix, too.

Good luck!

Miles
04-05-2008, 11:52 AM
You poor thing, she is coming!

ALLISOKOBX
04-06-2008, 03:10 PM
if its your first it happens. my first took 23 1/2 hrs from start to finish and I ended up delvering in the car. my contractions never got consitent! this is #4 for me and I have been haveing the pains since 2 am but nothing to make me call midwife and get everyone ready. which is odd cause my 2nd only took 10hrs and third only 4. I was hopeing this one would be even shorter. Anyways just wanted to share my stories :) Due 4-7-08

Bright_Life_Toys
04-06-2008, 06:32 PM
This is my second. I spent the day in L&D yesterday, but all the contractions did was move my cervix anterior. *sigh*

goldmama22
04-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey, moving your cervix anterior is one of the six ways to progress! Way to go! :goodvibes:

I am with you. With my secondborn, I had contractions that were stronger than braxton-hicks for 3 weeks before she was born. Fortunately my midwife had warned me that there's more prelabor with the second (etc).

Believe them when they get stronger, longer, and closer together. Hopefully you won't have to wait as long as I did! But once the change happened, she was here in less than 6 hours (that's less than 1/4 the time of my firstborn).

:) Megan

Kinga
04-07-2008, 11:09 AM
I was trying to see if there's another update from you mama! I hope you've had some good progress in the last day!!