PDA

View Full Version : % with gender sex

eragsdale
04-07-2008, 11:52 AM
So we went for our 20wk sono last thurs.... the baby had it's legs crossed:cry: ! But through-out the sono the doc never saw 3 lines(girl) and she THOUGHT she saw testies. So i asked for a %'ed and she said 80% it's a boy.

So how acurate is this? I mean could she be completely wrong and it be a girl or should i start looking for boy stuff?

My first ds was all show!:giggle:

asianmama
04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
if there is a way to get another u/s i would... i wouldnt be buying all boy stuff just yet...

clothmamaof4
04-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Ask for another ultrasound because in all acuality ultrasounds are only 75% accurate on predicting a babies sex so you want one with a clear shot. On ours it was pretty clear it wasn't thumb or cord in the way and you could see the testes so we're pretty certain. (plus we used the chinese gender chart and it's never been wrong for us :giggle: I know it's not scientific, Im just being silly.... but really it hasn't ever been wrong; for me, my sister, my mom and my aunt!)

emmiebaur
04-07-2008, 01:07 PM
They got clear shots of both my kids, and they were right both times. Maybe try one of those 3-d ultrasound places if it's in your budget!

hobbsandbean
04-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Oh, gosh. I'm the wrong one to answer this! :giggle2: I don't believe them even after multiple ultrasounds where they guarantee what it is, pointing everything out to me. I just always think, what if they are wrong, and I have all this girl / boy specific stuff. :giggle2: With my daughter we'd already painted the room pink after 6 ultrasounds confirmed it was a girl, and at the 7th, I still had them check again. Silly. But it would drive me nuts not to know too. Maybe you'll get another one later?

eragsdale
04-07-2008, 01:31 PM
They got clear shots of both my kids, and they were right both times. Maybe try one of those 3-d ultrasound places if it's in your budget!

that is what it was(4d), but imagine sitting indian style, but sitting on your feet! We couldn't see ANYTHING! I have another sono in 4wks (i get one at every appt), but i want to paint the room NOW! I know it sounds silly, but i wasn't blessed with patientance(?):blush:

asianmama
04-07-2008, 02:17 PM
thats good u get u/s whenever u have appointment. i would love to paint this beans room but that aint likely. i too was not blessed with patience

newtocloth07
04-11-2008, 12:57 PM
with our sono we were able to see between the two legs and saw nothing there..so the tech told me it was a girl, and right away when hooking me up she said " I think it's a girl, but we'll check to make sure" and 2hrs later....she said " yes , it's a girl"

PoconoPrincess
04-11-2008, 01:28 PM
My sons stuff was soo easily visible! It was like he was posing to make sure he didnt have any PINK to go home in. I made them print a shot of it. It was like he was laying on his back with his legs spread eagle "saying see im a boy, quit going thru the girl names!" I feel we were lucky tho, I had this gut feeling that we would leave not knowing because he wasntgoing to let us see...

cbeehler3
04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
We have found out with all of our babies. I have 3 girls and now this is a boy.
He showed us ALL of his stuff, even at the 13 week sono. It wasn't until the 20 week that we believed it and started with names and baby boy stuff.
I would NOT paint until you know for sure. I know you are excited, but we had TWO count em, TWO friends in two years have wrong predictions!
Good luck!!!

eragsdale
04-16-2008, 01:21 PM
thanks; my next sono is May 1st!!! I feel like i'm dying sloowww and painfully.:giggle: All the cute girly and boyish nb diapers.:cry:

emilypowell25
04-25-2008, 09:23 AM
I would say not to buy boy things yet. If you didn't for sure see his stuff, then wait until next time. Sometimes babies can be really sneaky in there.

MomsHelpingMoms
05-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Well, how did it go?

eragsdale
05-10-2008, 08:40 PM
We are having a Boy! Douglas Glenn. So off to start looking for cute nb/small boy diapers.

I Smile Because Of Them
05-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Yay!! Congrats mama, now you can paint that room!

eragsdale
05-10-2008, 08:48 PM
we have decided to go with a western theme; so i need to find some retro cowboy fabric to make the bedding or spend $550 for an already made set (YEAH RIGHT!)

MollyJones
05-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Awesome. :goodvibes: I believed the sono w/ my boy... but deep inside still felt I was having a girl (some strange thing I went through instinctually... all my dreams said boy and so did both ultrasounds and I bought boy stuff... but just was SURE that baby was a girl... out came a boy. So much for my mommy's instinct. Lol.) but w/ my girl... we had two and I was still asking when she came out, "Is it really a girl?" I guess I just thought that'd be harder to see. LOL I was so nervous about all that pink hanging in her closet. (which other people bought her--I was afraid to. I think I bought her two sleepers and that was it. "just incase" they were right. lol)

I thnk w/ #3, we will wait for the birth to find out. Now we have girl and boy stuff... and no more rooms to paint... so no need to find out. :blush: