PDA

View Full Version : Getting Pregnant without a Cycle

MommyCrane
04-11-2008, 02:16 AM
I am 13 months pp and have still not had a cycle. We prayed a few months back and decided that it was time to start trying for number 2. I had a copper IUD in and had it removed at 10 1/2 months pp. Our method of trying, since I have no cycle, is basically baby making every other day. DH is thrilled with the new arrangement, but I am getting tired and impatient. :banghead:
I know that lots of people work a lot harder than this, so I shouldn't be. I guess I just got pregnant so easily with our first, the only time we didn't have protection, that I expected it to be easy this time too. I also figured that since we are basically down to nursing at nap time and night-time nursing plus a few short nursings spread though out the day, unless he is sick or teething, and have been since 9 or 10 that my cycle would have been back already. :headscratch:
Has anyone here gotten pregnant without ever having a cycle? How long on average (obviously different from woman to woman) does it take to become fertile again when you are nursing on demand and co-sleeping? I know I just have to be patient, but I guess I just wanted to know what is normal for pp fertility from other moms who nurse on demand and co-sleep so that I don't have unrealistic expectations. Sorry for such a long post.

amybabya
04-11-2008, 02:29 AM
I would just try to relax and let it happen - try not to "work" at it.
I got preggers when DD was 13 mos. I hadn't had a real cycle, just a bit of spotting. Lots of women get preggers while still nursing and never having a cycle. My sister did - twice.
Things may also be delayed because of the IUD. I know you are supposed to be able to get preggers right after it is taken out but stranger things do happen. Your body just needs to work things out.
Every other night sounds fun. Maybe I sould consider trying for another ;)

nannersmama
04-11-2008, 04:32 AM
I have known some women who have gotten pregnant and not had a cycle, usually after childbirth. I would probably just give a shout out to your doc and ask about timing after IUD removal for the cycle to return. They may be able to give you an idea of "average" timing. Good luck!

asteiner18
04-11-2008, 02:07 PM
good luck :D

princesslilahsmom
04-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Well i'm one of those unlucky ones that exclusivly bf on demand and cosleep for all night nursing yet STILL get a af back at 4 months pp :( I wish it would have stayed away as long as yours has........good luck though- i'd just watch your cm and see if you notice a change in it.

PixieQueen
04-12-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm with you! We aren't DTD as often, but I am 11 mo. pp and nothing! We haven't even been using bc. IF you find anything that works (besides DTD like bunnies!) let me know!

MommyCrane
04-13-2008, 11:41 PM
I just got an email from another group I am in there is a woman who is 22 mon pp and still nothing. I felt a little better about only being 13.5 months. I also read a study about lactation amenorrhea and AP moms and the average regaining of fertility for AP moms is 14.6 months pp with a range in the study of 4-36 months. I am nearly to the average so I felt a little better about the whole thing after reading it.

3boysmom
04-14-2008, 12:32 AM
I am expecting #3 right now. No cycle between.

My youngest weaned just after 12 months.

It does happen!! :)

Relax, and it's sure to happen soon! :)

Goodluck mama!