PDA

View Full Version : bottle help

cm.thomas
04-15-2008, 11:03 PM
I was just reading in the off topic section about the plastic bottles and cups. We use the breastflow bottles because I wanted to minimize nipple confusion. DS likes them but now I'm seeing I shouldn't be using them.

Are there any bottles out there that are BPA free that have a wide nipple like the breastflow??

ETA: we don't heat the milk up in them and they're never in the microwave. Also, not using a bottle isn't an option as I work two days a week.

IttyBittyOrganics
04-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Green to Grow and Adiri :)

Adiri is supposed to be the best for nipple confusion but they are kind of pricey.

DD uses both of these though

Jaci
04-15-2008, 11:08 PM
we use Sassy MAMs and they work well, they are designed to minimize nip confusion also.

cm.thomas
04-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Green to Grow and Adiri :)

Adiri is supposed to be the best for nipple confusion but they are kind of pricey.

DD uses both of these though

I was reading reviews on the Adiri and people were saying they leak horribly. Have you had problems with this?

spryght
04-16-2008, 10:10 AM
I was reading reviews on the Adiri and people were saying they leak horribly. Have you had problems with this?

Never had any problems with leaking. We use the breastbottle, not their newer nursers so I don't know about those. I mean you do have to watch how you take it out of the cover, but it's not a big deal. These were the only bottles that didn't choke DD when she was younger. Once we started using these she wasted a lot less of the precious BM. We also haven't opened anymore of the holes. Still using it at the newborn setting and she's 8.5 months old.

Amy

mommyofnoah
04-16-2008, 02:20 PM
If you aren't heating them up and you have just used them for this baby, then I wouldn't worry too much. I think the problem is when you heat them and also as they wear out over time. You may want to hand wash instead of dishwasher (unless you already hand wash).

Here are a few sites that I found: HTH

http://growingyourbaby.com/2007/03/27/choosing-a-bottle-some-biosphenol-a-free-choices/

http://zrecs.blogspot.com/2007/07/z-report-bisphenol-in-polycarbonate.html

kellysue1972
04-16-2008, 05:53 PM
I read where someone put the breastflow nipples/collars on the born free (bpa-free) bottles (the breastflow nipples and collars are bpa-free). So since you already have the breastflow bottles, I would buy one born free bottle and let us know how that combo works! I always used the Playtex nursers and was so relieved when I read that the disposable nursers are also bpa-free. The new Adiri nursers are also bpa-free but I also read that they leak. Please let us know how things go!

cm.thomas
04-16-2008, 10:30 PM
I read where someone put the breastflow nipples/collars on the born free (bpa-free) bottles (the breastflow nipples and collars are bpa-free). So since you already have the breastflow bottles, I would buy one born free bottle and let us know how that combo works! I always used the Playtex nursers and was so relieved when I read that the disposable nursers are also bpa-free. The new Adiri nursers are also bpa-free but I also read that they leak. Please let us know how things go!

excellent idea! i'll try this!:goodvibes:

Jaci
04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I never had huge issues with the adiri natural nurser leak (I sold it because the MAMs worked fine for us), mostly when filling up, I had to be careful not to leave it upside down in the cover for too long. If I had the cash, I'd use only those :)