PDA

View Full Version : Well, I got took today...TWICE!

soggygranolamomma
09-12-2006, 08:11 PM
:banghead: Partly because I'm a dumbass and partly because I just really wanted what I ordered.

First, I was after a bunch of Bare Escentuals stuff. So I found this listing for the Kabuki brush which sells for $28 on QVC. I won it for $9. The listing said "for Bare Escentuals" had all kinds of "BE" language in it.

Then I go back and read her feedback and a bunch of negatives talk about how it's NOT "BE" stuff. Eh well. I figure as long as it's goat's hair and it works right?

So then I search for the foundations etc.

I find this one lady who has all that I need. I get it for a deal, I think, until one of my pals asks me the size of the foundation. I'm guessing it's a "full size" because it says "full size, unopened" in the listing right? Well, it's a "full size unopened SAMPLE" :banghead: So I basically paid WAY more than I should have because 5 of these "samples" make up ONE full size foundation and if you multiply what I paid, the full size would cost $90.

Originally, I asked the woman about shipping. She ships First Class, charges 3.75 for the first item and 1.50 per item after that. :headscratch: I told her I ship all the time, Priority and that $4.20 should be plenty, would she honor that. She said AFTER I won the items that no, she wouldn't. That she DOES make money on the shipping.

Well lady, you ALSO make money by overcharging for sample size products, so you're just making money all over the place. :poke:

I cannot STAND that people do business like that!! It is so totally unethical. I swear, stuff like this makes me lose faith in people. How can people go through life SCREWING other people?!?! I'd like to believe in karma but obviously, people get away with this stuff for a lifetime with no repercussions!!

I went back and read HER feedback and several people said her shipping was high, but alas, we still pay it. :banghead:

I'm so annoyed. I think I got good deals on the other stuff though. At least the brushes anyway, but sheesh.

I'm having a very bad "Ebay" day. :cry:

OneFabMama
09-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Wow. Stinky! :hugs:

SheilaJoy
09-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah, that does stink. I rarely buy on ebay anymore because of that, and if I do they have to have really really good feedback. Sorry you got taken!

Samantha
09-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Ebay is evil! :giggle:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
09-12-2006, 10:49 PM
that really sucks, cant you report her to ebay, send them HER replies about how she makes her money through shipping charges/ that is against ebays rules.:hugs:

dirtdartwife
09-12-2006, 10:54 PM
that really sucks, cant you report her to ebay, send them HER replies about how she makes her money through shipping charges/ that is against ebays rules.:hugs:
:yeahthat: I'm sorry mama... I'm sure there are more honest people that sell on ebay but it's the dishonest ones that overshadow the honest ones... :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: