PDA

View Full Version : if i took a pill and threw up 15 mins later....

titania
05-02-2008, 04:34 PM
can i take another one? :headscratch: i know i really should call the pharmacy, but i hate talking to people. :blush: its zofran (for nausea--just took it a few mins too late).

diane24
05-02-2008, 04:46 PM
If the pill is in the vomit then yes. But if not wait and see if the nausea subsides. If not try it again.

ForCryingOutLoud
05-02-2008, 04:52 PM
you probably puked it up.

Namaste
05-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I would think you vomited up.

shutterbugmom
05-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Idk but :hugs: . :(

KaleidoscopeEyes
05-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I know someone who OD'd on something because she kept taking it after vomiting. I think 1 more dose should be ok but I would not take more than that.

brittany741
05-02-2008, 05:19 PM
I did this all the time. I had hyperemesis until 41w3d!!

If it's the dissolvable tabs then you have no way to know. I would take another one.

jacquelineoliver
05-02-2008, 06:37 PM
I too had HG it was awful. I would take one more and if you cant keep it down go to the er and get a shot of it :) (if your ms is that bad atleast)

titania
05-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I did this all the time. I had hyperemesis until 41w3d!!

If it's the dissolvable tabs then you have no way to know. I would take another one.

:thud: :hugs: i have no idea how horribly that would suck. wow. my worst fear.

I too had HG it was awful. I would take one more and if you cant keep it down go to the er and get a shot of it :) (if your ms is that bad atleast)

all you HG mamas are like pg heros or something. seriously, i don't know if i could do it. not sure what the options are, but i am miserable now, i can't imagine.....

and i had no idea you could get a shot of zofran, will keep that in mind!

off to take another pill. thanks ladies. you all confirmed what i was thinking. love diaperswappers. :goodvibes:

3rockstars
05-02-2008, 06:50 PM
HG sucks. I'm another 3time survivor.:banghead: Just be careful how much you take because zofran can cause MASSIVE headaches. When I weaned off it, it was horrible. I had migraines for 2 weeks once I stopped taking it. :hugs: I don't wish hg on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

luvmy2girls
05-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I kept puking, so my doc gave me a Rx for Fingergan (sp?) in a suppository- that way I def. wouldn't throw it up!! :giggle2:

saongiri
05-02-2008, 07:21 PM
can i take another one? :headscratch: i know i really should call the pharmacy, but i hate talking to people. :blush: its zofran (for nausea--just took it a few mins too late).

should be fine-especially if you saw the pill but if you didn't it probaly is still fine- zofran has a dose range of 4-8mg (occasionally higher) but your pill was probably a 4 and no way did you absorbed that mich

iKim
05-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm also an HG survivor and wanted to give you :hugs:

Computermama
05-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I kept puking, so my doc gave me a Rx for Fingergan (sp?) in a suppository- that way I def. wouldn't throw it up!! :giggle2:

I have to do that with Gravol (regular travel sickness drug) when I have my migraines. Can get those over the counter here.

One thing I found that helped while I was preggo were those travel sickness wristbands. Wouldn't take the nausea completely away, but definitely helped me manage it!

hobbsandbean
05-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I'd take it too. The max dose per day is 32mg, and I think the max individual dose is 12mg. I'm so sorry you're sick. You have a buddy here as well. :yuck: Today has been ALL laying down to keep from puking.

LunaBirch
05-02-2008, 09:04 PM
:hugs: I had HG with DS and DD and am hoping and praying it doesnt kick in with this pregnancy (Im only 5 weeks, so we'll see). And for me it never went away until I delivered.. so I lived on Zofran through both pregnancies.

Anyways, if its the Zofran tablets, if you throw up less than 30 min after taking it its fine to take another. The ODT zofran is absorbed into your system almost immediately, so if your on those you dont need to take another.. and if you have trouble keeping them down frequently ask for the ODT. And yep, Zofran can be given through IV or by shot as well.. but IME the ODT worked even when I was throwing up shortly after taking them.

shana0923
05-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I had hg and used Zofran too. If it is the disolvable one isn't it already dissolved in your mouth into your bloodstream or something?