PDA

View Full Version : Conversation with my boss...

4xMommy
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Somehow we got to talking about carseats. Her 4 year old and 2 year old are both in boosters. She told me that her 4 year old is too tall for one, and her 2 year old is too "thick". Her eyes almost bugged right out of her head when I told her that Aedhan was still rear-facing at 20 months, and that as soon as I have the $$$, Tommy is going into a Nautilus, at almost 5.

What carseat would you recommend for a chunky two year old?

Thanks!

Indianamom*2
06-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Honestly if it were my child I would get either the Evenflo Triumph Advance or the Radian 60 or Radian 80.
Im not a fan of the Britax seats other than the Regent simply because DDs thighs always get pinched in a Britax.

The Evenflo RF to 35# and FF to 50# and 50in, this is the seat that we have our 15mo still RF in. The Radians RF to I believe 35# and the 60 FF to 60# and the 80 FF to 80#.

abacus2
06-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Graco Nautilus! It looks like a booster and has super tall harness slots to go with the 65lb weight limit. I've also found it to be easy to use. It fits my chunky 4.5 yr old very well. As a bonus, it has a fabulous cupholder.

nascarbebe
06-10-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm not up on all the carseat brands but I know that some have started making models specially for children "consistently in the high percentile." I can't imagine putting a 2 yr. old in a booster, it doesn't sound safe. I know the Britax Decathlon is made for bigger kids but I don't know if they want to pay that much for a carseat.

Elena"s Mom
06-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Just how big is her kid???
My DD is 21 months and way off the charts for height and like 90% for weight and she has tons of room to go in her Britax Decathlon.
I cannot imagine any 2 year old being too big for any of the larger convertibles

MomToABug
06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I cant imagine a two year old being too chunky for a carseat, and the thought of a 2 y/o in a booster scares me! Hopefully your boss looks into a carseat that will work for her.... I agree, the Nautilus looks like a good choice!