PDA

View Full Version : Who else's baby is head down already?

mama2logan&evan
06-09-2008, 12:37 PM
I had my 20 week u/s on Friday and this baby is head down already. I really don't remember that happening so early with my first 2. If your lo is head down when did it happen?

JeDeeLenae
06-09-2008, 12:38 PM
My midwife said baby is head down, but laying at an angle, right now. I just saw her on Saturday. There's still room to move, so we shall see if she stays head down. I don't want her to lay sideways!

3 ladybugs
06-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Max is head down as per my ultrasound 20w 5d (I am 22w 3d now). I personally would perfer him to be transverse but this is how he is. I have to have a section so I don't care exactly which way he is. I just figure that transverse would be more comfy for him. :)

Jennifer

Rachaelbee
06-09-2008, 09:37 PM
I figure this one is still upright because I can feel lots of kicks down at my bladder, so I'm hoping this one turns soon b/c I have to pee all day long!:giggle:

mama2logan&evan
06-10-2008, 06:02 AM
I figure this one is still upright because I can feel lots of kicks down at my bladder, so I'm hoping this one turns soon b/c I have to pee all day long!:giggle:

I thought the same thing. Turns out I'm feeling his shoulders from him flipping around. His butt is upper left and his legs are upper right and I never feel anything up there.

amberof2
06-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Mine weren't a "firm" head down until about 32 wks. This one is still all over the place at 23 wks.

katycat99
06-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I can't remember when my 1st was head down, but my 2nd was at about 18w and stayed there.

This one flips all the time, currently he is transverse but I'm sure that will change soon!

clothdipemama
06-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Every ultrasound from 11 weeks on my lo's was head down.

abirdd
06-24-2008, 07:42 AM
#1 was head down at 19 weeks, but not "firm" heads down until 30 weeks. Just too much room for him to manouever, I suppose!

#2 is still puttering around a lot, so we'll see where he lies on July 3rd. Last week, it was heads down/angled.

FancifulFanny
06-24-2008, 11:26 AM
I feel her hands way more than her feet and she's head down. I get punched and stuff more than kicked. It's grand, positively grand.

Bella Catalina
06-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Adrian was head down somewhere between 24 and 28 weeks. This one is diagonal lol - head lower right, butt upper left. But still plenty of room to move because s/he swam away from the doppler today.

Jillybean
06-26-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm not Oct. but just had to say this little one was head down from around 24 weeks until 34 weeks and then he flipped breech and I *think* he is transverse now at 35 weeks. Not that it matters much for me since I'm having a c/sec anyway, but these little babies can pretty well turn whenever they feel like it.

To the Mama that would like her baby to be transverse, my last 2 stayed transverse from mid pg up until delivery and it was an extremely uncomfy position for ME. They weren't really meant to be that way.

OneLuckyMama
07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Eva was sideways from 16 week ultrasound all the way through 24 weeks. I did not feel her turn, but the day I went in for my 24 week checkup with the OB I was positive she was still sideways. MW had said it a few days before and when I got dressed I could feel her head in the way on one side. Then, the OB did a mini ultrasound to confirm that the preterm labor had done no damage. Little stinker was head down. I am pretty sure she is still head down because I can feel her hitting and bumping my bladder all the time. I almost never feel her feet, but on occasion she will hit me in 4-5 places at once.

ashleykaymay
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
eli is head down and pushing on the cervix already. he's caused me to dilate a little but not much. when she checked my cervix to see if i was, sure enough she could feel his head putting pressure through the cervix. his brother did the same thing but at 34 weeks, not 24. :banghead:

growgrowgrow
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
this one was head down at our 20w u/s. i am not sure what position s/he is in now though. i feel some pretty powerful movement lower down, so i guess s/he is punching or head-butting me? if s/he is still head down? i did feel something weird the other day though. i felt like this wave of punching/kicking that went from top right to top left--from one side to the other. i thought maybe s/he was transverse & it worried me, but i only felt that the one night. can't wait until my first m/w appt (i'm switching) when i will be told about baby's position...

christieh
07-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I feel my lo kicking my bladder and lower left side most of the day, but today, I saw and felt this crazy rippling like she was on the move. But she is back on my bladder for sure. This is my first, so it's pretty exciting!

serena22304
07-12-2008, 11:50 AM
this baby was moving back and forth up until a couple days ago and judging by how my pelvis feels right now there is no doubt this baby is head down. Im not skilled enough to know what body part I am feeling by touching my belly but there is something right there lol

breakfastsurreal
07-12-2008, 06:08 PM
is there a way to tell without u/s which way the baby is facing? I used to feel lots of bladder kicks, but now I feel them on my sides, about belly button level...if I had to guess she is laying sideways! But I have no clue! I have never felt the dreaded rib kicks, but i suppose it could still be early for that?

shanmarie
07-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Cameron is head down. She is really low too. I keep getting punched on my cervix and my hip areas.

growgrowgrow
07-15-2008, 12:08 PM
s/he was head down at yesterday's (super quick) ultrasound again... at 25 weeks. i hope s/he doesn't flip to breech later on. is that common?

lsmith073104
07-29-2008, 05:02 PM
DD was head down from about 25 weeks, DS #1 was transverse until i went in to be induced, then the contractions flipped him (though he was emergency c-section in the end anyways due to a FACE presentation), DS #2 has been head down since about 24 weeks, is still there now, and i am 29 weeks 6 days.
come on baby!
:)

lovemyzoo
07-29-2008, 08:17 PM
I had one go from butt down to head down at 38 weeks....

This one is all over. I can tell they are not set either way.. Last u/s was transvers and some days I can ell he is again and other days I can tell he is other ways..

OneLuckyMama
07-29-2008, 11:49 PM
This little stinker is all over the place. I was sure I was feeling her turn every now and then - and I was right. Well, I was hospitalized for 4 days this weekend and they did two ultrasounds to make sure she was ok despite the severe gestational diabetes that landed me there. The first day she was transverse with her head on the right side. The next day she was still transverse, but her head was on the left side.