PDA

View Full Version : A stash of a different sort

FancifulFanny
06-14-2008, 12:32 PM
I made my nursing pad stash today. I made 9 pair of PUL backed nursing pads. I had so few last time around and leaked so horribly I swore I wouldn't go through that again.

I also have two pair of merino wool ones that I am looking forward to trying and I have the organic lanolin I've been hoarding for myself.

I have a ton of non-PUL backed nursing pads as well, at least 9 pair. I am prepared!:giggle2:

Rachaelbee
06-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I made my nursing pad stash today. I made 9 pair of PUL backed nursing pads. I had so few last time around and leaked so horribly I swore I wouldn't go through that again.

I also have two pair of merino wool ones that I am looking forward to trying and I have the organic lanolin I've been hoarding for myself.

I have a ton of non-PUL backed nursing pads as well, at least 9 pair. I am prepared!:giggle2:

Ok you are going to have to share how you made them with me because I tried making a set with this last baby and they were thick stiff and didn't fit well, so I ended up using the disposibles :yuck: But at least this time I have a serger so I can bind the edges a lot easier! And I have a TON of scraps... lets just hope I remembered to pack them along with my sewing stuff when I moved and put some stuff into storage... I know I have pul, hemp, flannel, velour, and other scraps in that bag :mrgreen:

JeDeeLenae
06-14-2008, 06:20 PM
oooh, I want to see pictures. I'd love to make some for myself, but I'm too lazy.

FancifulFanny
06-14-2008, 07:36 PM
I make them big - about 6 inches around - because well, the girls are big and also that way they don't look like I have a mushroom cap on my boobage. lol

I made most three layers - two of hemp or organic cotton fleece topped with bamboo velour then backed in PUL. I did make a few pair of two layer ones for a lighter weight.

I'll have to snap a picture...I already took them upstairs and put them in my dresser drawer.

medaroge
06-14-2008, 08:27 PM
I like to cut a slit from the center, to the edge and serge each side of the slit so the edges can overlap some to help with the shaping. Does that make sense?

amberof2
06-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Fanci,
Where did you find the fabric... My local shop looked at me incredulously when I asked about organic cotton.

FancifulFanny
06-15-2008, 01:47 PM
I get it all through coops for my business and I hoard my scraps. I finally cut them all up into circles and pieced them together.

I think the only place to get organics is online. There are a bunch of stores that sell it online. Coop price per yard for the cotton fleece is about 8.80 before shipping. Check on Hyena Cart...there may be some sellers there that have it. :)

CarrieAnn0413
06-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I like to cut a slit from the center, to the edge and serge each side of the slit so the edges can overlap some to help with the shaping. Does that make sense?

That makes sense. I wonder if I could do that without a serger. I need to either make some or buy some. I used sposie ones last time :yuck:

luvmy2girls
06-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for posting this, Fanny! I didn't even think about making my own. I'm not an expert with the sewing machine by any means, but I figure nursing pads shouldn't be too hard, and no one will see them anyway.

I have 2 sets of cloth from last time but would like a couple more...I don't know if it would be worth it for me to make them, since I'd have to order the fabric and pay shipping etc...just for a couple sets. Do you sell them, too? (Oh, and I'd also love to see pics!!)