PDA

View Full Version : not sure DDs carseat is in correctly

snelson924
06-16-2008, 10:34 AM
okay, i'm half expecting to get flamed for this...but i'll ask anyway.

i have the evenflo titan carseat for my 7 month old. i can get it strapped in okay, however it moves more than 1 in to the left and right. and i've got it as tight as possible! i have put my entire body weight in the seat then had my DH tighten it but it still moves. the booklet says it shouldn't move more than 1 in --- so how do i fix this? and if i can't, can i take it back?? i dont' think i have the box anymore - we just moved and DH used that one for packing and it got completely destroyed.

HELP?!

gabesmamamadeit
06-16-2008, 10:48 AM
What method of putting the seat in are you using? Latch or seatbelt? I can see how it might be a problem with the latch but I have never really had this problem with a seatbelt install.

It would also help me to see a picture of the seat installed in your vehicle and maybe a picture of the latchplat of the seat belt. That is the male part of the buckle. There are many different types of seatbelt systems.

snelson924
06-16-2008, 10:53 AM
i've tried both and i get the same problem

gabesmamamadeit
06-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Check out this link for an interactive demo of installation and to decide what seatbelt system your car has.

http://www.evenflo.com/Homepage/ProductList/tabid/203/Default.aspx?productid=a7ac6d27-d708-4379-8a87-471f7f815146

gabesmamamadeit
06-16-2008, 10:55 AM
i've tried both and i get the same problem

A picture would greatly help me figure out what is wrong. You can also go to www.seatcheck.org to find a tech/carseat check station in your area.

ThatLinGirl
06-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Moves more than an inch at the base, or at the top? You measure from the base.

I'd see if you can find a local certified car seat tech to inspect it and help you.