PDA

View Full Version : Weeman or Peter Potty

hollyday27
07-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I need help deciding? DS has been very clear that he WILL NOT wear big boy underwear, but I think if I can make the potty fun he will entertain the idea. He's starting to come around with potty talk (not dirty jokes :giggle:) so I think it's near. I also found this (http://www.amazon.com/Potty-Training-Urinal-for-Boys/dp/B0017RJ3QW/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1214974716&sr=8-2) one. Any advice on which I should try? Better yet any mamas want to sell me their Weeman (http://www.amazon.com/Weeman-Boys-Toilet-Trainer/dp/B0017KYK30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1214974849&sr=1-1) or Peter Potty (http://www.amazon.com/Visionaire-Peter-Potty-Toddler-Urinal/dp/B000C22J2S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1214974716&sr=8-1)?? :lostit:

jennsmile
07-03-2008, 06:52 AM
I got the Weeman for my little one as he was standing and peeing on the floor. :yuck: He used it very occasionally. I passed it on to a friend. Her little guy did great for a while and then went back to diapers.

Jenn

hollyday27
07-03-2008, 07:09 AM
So you don't recommend it? I was worried about PLing standing up vs. sitting. This is so hard! :cry:

AVDesigns
07-15-2008, 05:00 AM
We started DS sitting, but he just wanted to mess with everything on the shelf behind the toilet and he seemed less interested with actually pottying..so we started standing him up. He's doing much better. I let him stand on my feet to raise him up a bit and then I have to aim him. He knows to push it down if he's sitting on a potty (like my mom's toilet it too high to have him stand) but if he's standing he thinks it's funny to shake and pee everywhere so we have to aim him into the potty or clean up a horrible mess. LOL

lyn1270
07-15-2008, 07:09 AM
I didn't get any fancy potties for my DS. I just figured it would be a novelty that, like all other "toys," would wear off after awhile. We got the Baby Bjorn potty & love it. But, we also PLd late. My DS will be 4 in Sept., & we didn't PL until he was 3 1/2 (sometime in March). BUT...it only took him a week to get it, and once he got it...HE GOT IT! So...instead of buying a cool potty...this is what we did. We made it into a rewards game. We "built" a treasure box (an old cardboard box) by decorating it, painting it, etc. Then, we went to our local $1 Store, & we picked out some prizes. He was in control. He picked out his prizes. We put the prizes in the box. THEN...we took 3 X 5 index cards and drew 6 boxes on the cards. Every time he peed in the potty, he got a sticky to put in the box (oh yeah, we got cool stickers!). Every time he pooped in the potty, he got 2 stickers. Once he had all 6 boxes filled, he got a treasure. It worked like a charm for him! And then the treasure box just basically went extinct. So, we only had the treasure box in operation for about 2 weeks. As for sitting down vs. standing up, we trained him sitting down. Just gotta make sure you tell them to point the penis down...otherwise...it's a big mess...LOL. Now, 4 months later, he pees sitting and standing....just depends on what potty he is using. Sorry that was long....I got a little Morning Chatty going on...LOL.

hollyday27
07-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the tips mamas! I have a BBLP and BBBP lol, and I've tried many others. Also have an insert for the top of the potty. Just got a Peter Potty, and hoping that will encourage some interest. Just trying to determine with boys if it's easier to PL standing or sitting.

BringMeTheStars
07-16-2008, 09:05 AM
i really want a Peter Potty Urinal i think its best to learn standing up. cause hey, thats how they end up doign it anyway. anyone have one they want to sell to me?