PDA

View Full Version : nighttime PLing?

cadensmama
07-02-2008, 08:50 AM
my DS is PLing during the daytime but not nap or bed time and not for poop which he only does at nap time to avoid sleeping.

i have no idea where to go from here or how to start that process. The day time has been totally child led. We have always been a "bare bum" household from the time he could tell us he didn't want a diaper on...so from there we encouraged but never pushed. Showed him a potty but never MADE him use it or sit on it.

So i'm kind of at a loss at how to teach him to do something while he is asleep? We tried a cloth trainer at nap but that was really a disaster.

thanks!

ocanfield
07-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I'd love to find a secret to this one too...

My daughter has been potty trained for a year and still wets occasionally at naps and always at night. She's 2.5 years old now.

I don't think it's something you can "teach" them. I think it just comes with time. The only thing I'm doing is reminding her to try and stay dry and go potty when she wakes up...and when she wakes up wet, I remind her where it's supposed to go, or not say anything at all...I think she knows, ya know?

My 2 year old niece on the other hand started waking up dry from nighttime BEFORE she learned during the day. It'll come...don't worry!

cadensmama
07-02-2008, 02:42 PM
thanks for the response. he'll be three in november...so he is still young. i just didn't know if there was anything i could do to help him get it. besides go potty before bed and first thing in the morning. i just want a morning of dry sheets..even with a diaper on

ocanfield
07-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I hear ya...my daughter leaks sometimes too and it's a pain because when we moved her into her big girl room, she sleeps in the double bed that I already had in there...we're thinking of moving her to a twin bed just because the laundry involved in a small leak is amazing, especially if it gets on her comforter.

I've heard waking them to use the potty around 11 or so can help in getting them through the night, but I haven't tried in, in fear that it might disrupt her sleep. Not sure if I'll end up trying that or not. Maybe when my little boy sleeps through the night and I don't have to deal with two in the middle of the night!!

upstategirl
07-03-2008, 08:26 AM
I was going to ask the same question. My ds is fully potty trained in the day, even during naps. He just wets at night. I'm thinking about just putting on underwear at night and see what happens. Good luck! :)