PDA

View Full Version : Refusing to wear anything..??

vintagegyrl
07-11-2008, 06:30 AM
OK, this is my 2nd DS - nothing like the 1st -

what do u do when they refuse to wear pants at all??? diapers, trainers, im not sure what to try. We have L FB's which he liked for about a week. Gerber trainers... he doesnt like anything bulky or too tight or ... on.

I feel such at a loss - he knows where the potty is - we trained for a few months, then had a relapse with the baby due soon - do I just let him run naked? We have a few covers on furniture here, but not sure if that will help that much. Keep him outside?? It's just hard to make him do anything!!!

Then there are naps - he takes everything off.... :lostit:

Anyone ever had this situation???????????????????????????????:goodvibes :

Kimbokarrie
07-11-2008, 09:49 AM
With it being summer I would stick him outside as much as possible. With mine, I gave him a designated spot to pee in the backyard (we had an old sand sifter). So while he could go when the urge struck him, he still had to stop and think about where he was supposed to pee, which helps once he is in the house.

Guardandolaluna
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I have a streaker, too, lol. My DS takes off his night dipe, goes to the bathroom and then walks downstairs naked from the waist down. I have to remind him to put something on. He doesn't like anything snug or he will seem to pee in it. He is doing well with boxers and boxer briefs. I bribed him with wearing undies like daddy and it worked:)

rmz1217
07-11-2008, 10:13 AM
My DS potty trained by in his own words "being a naked butt". We negotiated that he would where clothes when he was out, and would pee on the potty when he was naked. Setting up clear terms was all he needed to Potty train.

I would be afraid to engange in a power struggle over this one because it would just exasperate his need for freedom. Good luck Momma