PDA

View Full Version : When to tell???

Lexmonster
07-17-2008, 10:45 AM
When is it okay to tell people you are pregnant? The reason I ask is my Great Grandmother's 100th Birthday party:lostit: is on August 13, 2008 and I will be a day short of 9 weeks along. Is this too soon?:headscratch: I will talk to the DR next week, but thought I'd ask here too.

mamatutugirls
07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I tell people right away, however some like to wait until it's "safe" I just can't contain myself :giggle:

jessie327
07-17-2008, 11:21 AM
I would feel safe telling at 9 weeks especially if it will make everyones day - you could make your grandma a card from the bean with an u/s pic. After I see my u/s I tell, I know some wait until after the 1st trimester but I am too excited to hold it in anymore.

Lexmonster
07-17-2008, 12:09 PM
I see my mom daily and she really wants to be a Grandma to more than our furry kids and I so want to tell her. I still is sinking in with me and DH as I really haven't noticed many symptoms yet.

My sister is the worst at bugging me about having a baby. Almost everytime I see her she tell me to hurry up about it. She is not married (no prospect either) and is wanting to be an Auntie

Of course DH needs to be ready to tell people too. I don't feel right telling my family without him agreeing about the timing.

AJ_Parks
07-17-2008, 01:28 PM
With my 1st we told everyone right away because we lived close. So they all knew at like 4 weeks. I am only 3 weeks and ? days this time and I have already told my mom and my good friend. That will be all for now until we make it back in Aug to tell the other grandparents. After that everyone will know. I don't think 9 weeks is too early at all. And what a special day to share that news with everyone.

naturalbirthmama
07-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Holy cow! You are SO patient! There is no way I could make it to 9 weeks w/o everyone knowing. We tell right away.

ashersmomoo
07-17-2008, 02:35 PM
That's my birthday!!! I hope I get to live that long! I'd totally tell everyone, but I've never had a a mc either. Congratulations mama!!!

kaspears17
07-18-2008, 06:32 AM
I always wait until after the 3 month period. It's hard tho. but it's harder on me to retell everyone we miscarried.

chimpwars
07-18-2008, 07:36 AM
I'd tell!! We can never keep it quiet though. Congrats!

L&K'smommie
07-20-2008, 06:41 PM
We have a hard time keeping quiet also...I waited the longest this time...4 days...LOL! Though we still haven't told everyone, mostly just family.

Lexmonster
07-21-2008, 12:10 AM
It was all the hubby's idea!!! We ended up telling just our immediate families as we see them often, and I sure someone would clue in to me not having a glass of wine with dinner or a coke. We told our parents and sibling with explicit directions not to tell anyone else until after Labour Day.

I hope mys sister especially can keep the secret until then

jessie327
07-21-2008, 06:04 AM
When I read your last post I was like Labor Day, holy cow she is waiting a long time and then I saw that you are in BC :giggle: Last week my dh's family from OH was staying with us and his brother asked me why I wasn't having a beer, I have just lost almost all of my baby weight from dd2 so I said I would rather eat my calories than drink them - he didn't look convinced :giggle2:

asteiner18
07-21-2008, 01:20 PM
well.... i have heard of people having late second trimester( like 18 week) miscarriages so i tell as soon as i know... i will want support from my family and friends anyways...

medea
07-22-2008, 08:26 AM
I personally will wait until 14 weeks. My latest m/c was at 12 weeks. There are a few people I will have to tell though, like the hr person at work, so I can get out of the stupid health check in a room full of employees. I have never told my parents until 2nd trimester since they are far away and I don't want to break my mom's heart jic. I might have to tell them early this time though, since they are planning to visit in October and I was going to meet them in Tokyo for some sightseeing. I don't know if my doctor will let me fly though.

That's why I have to share on the internet. Can't keep my mouth shut otherwise!!

alicias
07-27-2008, 09:47 AM
We usually tell after the first u/s around 8 weeks. This time I wanted to wait longer but I am already showing (at 7 weeks!) so I'll have to tell soon.

summerie_day
07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
We are waiting until 12 weeks or so. My hubby's family believes that to tell before then is bad luck.

one_lucky_mom
07-28-2008, 02:28 PM
We've told a few close friends and parents, besides that we will wait until 12 weeks to tell extended family.