PDA

View Full Version : Today I feel kind of rotten.

rawheid
07-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm just not myself today. I woke up with a sore back, neck and head. All day my stomach has been unsettled and I'm running to the bathroom for fear of messing myself. (sorry TMI) I even slept 1 1/2hrs this afternoon which I never do. On the up side baby is moving like crazy. Thankfully yesterday I found a tshirt dress at the thrift store that I can wear. The thought of having shorts or pants digging into my stomach today was more than I could bear.

Hopefully this little bug will run it's course and I'll feel better tomorrow.

Ashhan
07-23-2008, 01:55 PM
That sounds icky! I hope you feel better soon. I had something similar a few weeks ago, and drinking gatorade helped me a lot. Maybe it would work for you too?

rawheid
07-23-2008, 02:07 PM
I'll have to try something, I feel very wimpy.

susnrob
07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
My midwives have recommended drinking Emergen-C. Kind of like a sports drink, but packed with vitamin c and some other vitamins and minerals. I drink it now during pregnancy and will during labor too.

For the back and neck have you considered a chiropractor? I've been going for the past 3 weeks and it's been amazing. Also recommended by my midwives. It's supposed to help line everything up especially with the pelvis and can make delivery easier for the baby.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

Ashhan
07-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Ohh I love Emergen-C. My favorite flavor is the Raspberry. That's a great suggestion, I hadn't thought of that.

susnrob
07-23-2008, 03:31 PM
I've got the pink lemonade, tropical and tangerine. They're all pretty good. I haven't tried the raspberry. I will have to though!

rawheid
07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Well now to add to my whining, i have the feeling I need to throw up. I'll have to book another appointment with the chiro, I havent' been in a long time.

thanx for letting me vent

susnrob
07-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah the chiropractor has really helped me a lot. My back and neck always feel so much better after a visit. Well, just be sure to drink lots of fluids and I hope you feel better soon!

rawheid
07-23-2008, 04:05 PM
I feel for you moms with morning sickness now.

MomsHelpingMoms
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Aw, :hugs: I hope you feel better soon.

rawheid
07-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Well today I feel better. YAH. Still exhausted, but at least I don't want to throw up. FIngers crossed. DH made me go to bed at 9pm last night. He was so good to me, he made supper (which I ate only a little), he did the dishes, he took care of DS and just let me lay on the couch all evening. It was so nice to be pampered a bit.

rawheid
07-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Well it was very short lived, I feel horrible again. Is is possible to have m/s late in pg? or is this just the flu? No one in the house is sick but me. I hate being sick. DS is going to watch a lot of tv today.