PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Island mama's

tintedangel
07-28-2008, 11:15 AM
I was just curious to see if they are many moms from the island here if so where abouts and where do you buy your dipes .
Well I will start too
I am from crofton and we buy most of ares online and tru jamtots in langford

jenns3kids
07-28-2008, 01:59 PM
I am from Sooke myself. I bought my first CDs (Berry Plushes) from JAMTOTS. I have since found the love of fitteds and buy a lot on FSOT, HC or their own site. Shipping takes 2 weeks though and that sucks!!!

breccia
08-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Wow...Im shocked theres Island mamas on here!!! Im from the north end of the island. We have a pretty good selections of cd's here locally, and I spend WAaaaaaay to much time on HC lol.

continuum-family
08-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi! I'm in Victoria, just moved here from Gabriola.

Would love to have more local customers! ;)

formunkyfrommommy
08-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Port Alberni...i bought my diapers from wee care diaper service, ont., and ebay, and also some g diapers from a mothers touch...all online

joanna19
08-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi VI mamas!

I'm from Nanaimo! I shopped for my first cd's at Jamtots in Victoria and then I discovered diaperswappers! :giggle2: Now I shop on fsot, hyenacart, spots corner, & etsy to name a few but I also have bought from Abby's Lane in the US. I carry Thirsties brand cd's in my store too, so of course I had to try those!:mrgreen:

AshleytheIslander
09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Hey!

I'm in Victoria and I'm very disappointed by the lousy selection in town. I've bought everything online but try to buy from Canadian sites. I'm new to DS, but so far it seems like a lot of people won't ship to Canada :(

And I hate the slow mail to Victoria! If the shipper says it will take 1-7 days it usually seems to take 8!!!

Oh well, small price to pay for living in paradise :)

Dragonfly.momma
09-16-2008, 11:12 PM
I am in the cowichan Valley I buy from Jamtots usually

Stephvezina
10-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi! I am in Victoria too! I too think we need more selection on a local scale, and I am developing my own CD business, still in the "R&D" phase... just got a snap press last night; works charms! here is a picture of my first creation worth showing....

Strawberrybottombaby
10-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi Mama's,

I am in Victoria as well. I am surprised to hear a lot of people won't ship to some of you....I have found this site to be the most helpful out of any! So many nice Mama's with great deals! I shopped at Jamtots and found all the styles I liked, and now am on a huge diaper slurge getting a bit of everything for my little boy due in December! I agree we need more local CD's and its always nice to support our Canadian businesses. However, for those of you on a budget like me, whomever has the lowest prices gets my vote. A site I am a big fan of with FREE SHIPPING TO CANADA is www.sewcraftbaby.com and I have ordered from there. I also love Huggabunz and have ordered through that website, super cheap shipping. A lot of the Mama's on here ship to me for no extra cost, or else something really reasonable. I also do the local shopping www.usedvictoria.com, www.craigslist.ca, www.etsy.com, www.myuseddiapers.com, and anything else I can find. Used is the way to go for me as I cannot afford 30 a diapers for the berryplush jamtots which I love. I can get the diaper with insert here for 10-15 usually, and they are worth every penny.
Any new Mama's making CD in Victoria let me know as I would love to support you!

Katie Due Dec.7,2008

Strawberrybottombaby
10-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Nice Diaper Stephvenzina! Are you going to try making a pocket, AIO, or just covers???

Stephvezina
10-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Nice Diaper Stephvenzina! Are you going to try making a pocket, AIO, or just covers???
Thanks a lot!!! I am making a whole bunch of testers (AI2s, AIOs, Pockets, wool covers) and on my way to start my own little business "on the side". Tell me if you would like to try them out! They will be posted on my etsy soon (within the next couple of days...)

Jenifern
10-25-2008, 02:16 PM
HI
I'm new here too. I live up in the Discovery islands, near Quadra.

I recently found the Huckleberry baby shop online, she's just north of Nanaimo in Lantzville (Sorry I'm too new to be allowed to post links I guess). She carries some great stuff and for good prices compared to other Canadian sites I have gone too. Plus discounts for larger orders. I'm new to cloth diapers (actually have yet to implement them on baby #4) but am very excited.

Lexmonster
10-26-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm in Victoria, and I have bought from Jamtots, ebay and here on Diaperswappers. I have a small stash of about 6 diapers and will be doing the newborn stage in disposables as my chance on having a C-section due to medical issues is very high.

mamasewsbest
10-28-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm from Victoria and if I buy any locally it's through JamTots but I really don't like anything they have. They don't really have much of a selection. I usually buy on the FSOT here.

eta: steph, looks great! I also am on my way to making my own...I would love to do it as a wahm business. I am jealous of your snap press, lol!

Stephvezina
10-29-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm from Victoria and if I buy any locally it's through JamTots but I really don't like anything they have. They don't really have much of a selection. I usually buy on the FSOT here.

eta: steph, looks great! I also am on my way to making my own...I would love to do it as a wahm business. I am jealous of your snap press, lol!
hahaha!!! yeah I agree entirely with you on the lack of selection on the local scale. Not that Jamtots is bad, don't get me wrong but it just seems that some of us could come up with styles of diapers that would complement their products. As for the snap press, TOTALLY WORTH EVERY PENNY. I got mine from the US, at "Oh Snap USA!" before the dollar went down. The money is just about all recovered with the testers that I posted on a different thread.... I am already getting a lot of feedback from great moms. It's not easy to get started, but with small steps we local mamas can go a long way!

cheers.

brymommy
10-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi! I just signed up when I saw this thread.

I buy all my diapers from BlueZoobabyboutique (just add the www and com) or Jamtots... BlueZoo is local and will deliver locally (Victoria and surrounding areas).

I'm having fun the past couple weeks playing with new diapers (I'm the tester for BlueZoo's products) but we use a stash of TinyTushes and BerryPlushes the most. But I'm excited to try new diapers.

sheenamc
11-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi,
I am new to this site and to victoria. Looking for mama's who want to go for walks or maybe have tea. PM me if you are interested :)

FiestyJess
11-21-2008, 08:49 PM
im not living on the island currently but i am from there :D grew up in the Comox Valley :D

im in Alabama now tho

kikismiles
12-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi all I am new here and from Victoria too. I was a bit slow getting on board with CDing, I didn't start till DD was 10 months old. :blush: I wanted try when she was 6 months, but lets just say a bad experience with a local retailer kept DD in sposies. :banghead: I finally bought 6 fuzzi bunz on line and I am loving cloth. I mean they are so soft, so cute, why oh why didn't I do this earlier. I want to try more. I hate that there is no local selection because shopping blind is always a risk, but it worked with my FB's so here hoping. :goodvibes:

cyansmom
12-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey Victoria moms!

I just started a new CD business in town called Bebebums.

Our one size dipes are pretty great. If you want to try a new dipe we do offer local pick up.

Check out the site for more info:
http://www.bebebums.com

Cheers!
L

cyansmom
12-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey!

I'm so impressed with your diaper too Stephvenzina!!

You are very talented!!

L

Stephvezina
12-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Hey!

I'm so impressed with your diaper too Stephvenzina!!

You are very talented!!

L

Hi! I am very pleased to see that other mamas are trying to stimulate CD business in Vic and on Vancouver Island...... I have been offline in the last few weeks because of our newly born little boy. I still have a long way to go wrt getting the business going... I would love to get in touch with you to see how you got things off the ground, if you don't mind... I just visited your website and everything looks so professional! Shows a lot of effort... Your product seems very nice too!!!

rollacameron
01-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Hello All!

I'm in Campbell River... I'm just newly pg (edd Sept 26) so I have yet to buy any CD's but have been looking around here on the FSOT pages but haven't had any luck yet. I have 2 kids 13 yo dd & 10 yo ds neither were cd'd (not for a lack of wanting to but for the lack of knowledge) but this time will be different being that I have a slight clue.

rollacameron
01-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Just curious...were abouts are you on the north end of the island?

Rona

rollacameron
01-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Wow...Im shocked theres Island mamas on here!!! Im from the north end of the island. We have a pretty good selections of cd's here locally, and I spend WAaaaaaay to much time on HC lol.

Just curious...were abouts are you on the north end of the island?

Rona

Liddle1
01-26-2009, 10:34 PM
how did I miss this thread?

I'm from ladysmith and the only place around here is eco chic baby. she's an online store but she'll deliver free in nanaimo and since I'm out of town she lets us stop by if we call first :)

rollacameron
01-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the group!

I have been looking around here on the FSOT thread and have found some decent gently used lots... I imagine that I will buy some new dipes after my babe has arrived and moved out of the newborn stage ( as my two kids were on the large side when they were born 9lb3oz & 10lb10oz) When I am ready I will have to give the Eco Chic Baby online store a try :) would you mind to post the link please ;) ?

how did I miss this thread?

I'm from ladysmith and the only place around here is eco chic baby. she's an online store but she'll deliver free in nanaimo and since I'm out of town she lets us stop by if we call first :)

Liddle1
01-27-2009, 09:07 PM
sure! http://www.theecochicbaby.com/

rollacameron
01-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks that's great!

I'll be sure to take a look :)

sure! http://www.theecochicbaby.com/

Janet
07-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I am in Maple Ridge, but spent most of my life on the island - Tofino, Ucluelet, Sayward, Powell River, and then Port Alberni and Victoria. I am in the process of starting my own line of cloth diapers and wool covers, and many other accessories and clothing. I come over to the island a lot.

I will be looking for testers soon (by September latest) for organic bamboo fitted diapers with snap in liners and doublers.

Janet

Bumby
07-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey mamas,

I grew up in Nanaimo, so had to say hi. It is always nice to see other Van Isle mamas out there.

Liddle1
07-25-2009, 01:07 PM
i should also mention huckleberrybabyshop.com they have a store in nanaimo now :)

jennyoutwest
08-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi Vancouver Isle Mamas! I'm in Port Alberni. I have ordered from Huckleberrybaby shop in Nanaimo where she even arranged to meet me for puchase of cds since I was going to be in town that day. I have 3 kids, boy 15yrs, boy 4yrs, and a girl 5months. I wish I had CDed with my other kids, only Sarah. I love CDing! I did find a store the other while taking my oldest to the Comox airport. In Courtney on Cliff ave. is a store called 'Podlings'. They have all kinds of dipes!! I was like a kid in a candy store! They are'nt online, but they are on Facebook. So that is my favorite store at the moment for cds and other baby related items. Happy CDing!

valibby
09-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Lots of Victoria moms! I'm new - in Nanaimo. I have a few WAHM dipes I ordered online, but otherwise my stash is a buttload (ha!) of Fuzzi Bunz and a few bumGenius I got off craigslist when we still lived on the mainland. I'm in the market for some smalls now.

wdalman
10-24-2009, 04:23 AM
Port Alberni...i bought my diapers from wee care diaper service, ont., and ebay, and also some g diapers from a mothers touch...all online

I'm from Port too. I am looking for local semi local moms to swap diapers with.

wdalman
10-24-2009, 04:27 AM
I am in Port Alberni, I can possibly meet semi out of town.
I have Huggies Goodnight disposables for older kids 60 plus pounds l-xl in pink boxer short style. I bought these in the states on sale and went ocd shopping and bought way to many. I don't need this many anymore. I am looking to sell these or trade for size medium in pocket or aio/2 cloth diapers. I also have a bunch of prefolds/and some neutral covers to sell or trade on here also.

wdalman
10-24-2009, 04:38 AM
I am in Maple Ridge, but spent most of my life on the island - Tofino, Ucluelet, Sayward, Powell River, and then Port Alberni and Victoria. I am in the process of starting my own line of cloth diapers and wool covers, and many other accessories and clothing. I come over to the island a lot.

I will be looking for testers soon (by September latest) for organic bamboo fitted diapers with snap in liners and doublers.

Janet

I'm in Port Alberni. Let me know when your ready.

wdalman
10-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Lots of Victoria moms! I'm new - in Nanaimo. I have a few WAHM dipes I ordered online, but otherwise my stash is a buttload (ha!) of Fuzzi Bunz and a few bumGenius I got off craigslist when we still lived on the mainland. I'm in the market for some smalls now.

Are you getting rid of your mediums????

oceankat
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi Mamas

I'm from Victoria, about to have my little boy in a few weeks. Thanks for the huckleberrybabyshop.com link...a great store!

Kate

Liddle1
10-28-2009, 05:29 PM
they now have their brick and mortar store open, and the ladies are just lovely to work with :goodvibes:

wdalman
11-02-2009, 03:24 AM
I really really really want to buy some previously loved diapers from someone here on the island. I am ONLY looking for snap diapers or if they are Velcro I only want night time ones. My son is 25 pounds. I am open to prints and colours. Please email me if you have some you want to sell. My son is currently wearing size medium fuzzy bunz and ready to upsize to a large.

Keek
11-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Hi all. I'm new here! I'm in Colwood, and I don't know anybody. My hubby just deployed to Afganistan, and I've got three kidlets. :) My cloth baby is 2.5 - dangerously close to potty learning!

Oh, and I'm a SAHM.

Liddle1
11-02-2009, 10:12 PM
welcome!! wdalman check out the nanaimo area diaper swappers on facebook. i have dipes for sale but they're all velcro. i also got some off ebay called kawaii baby if you're not opposed to ebay dipes... they have snap ones and they're super cheap.

keek: just curious what do you do as a sahm? you can pm if you want, i'd love to be a sahm but haven't found anything that i can do (physically usually)

funmomof 3
12-22-2009, 07:12 PM
hi iam from nanaimo i bought my first cloth from wee care diapercompany and some from huckleberry baby shop iam going to have my third baby june 2010. i am finding thatmy HH one size elestic are going and some of the velcro..anyone know any onethat does repairs?

whiskey
01-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Mid Island here!

Lovallo
01-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I am from Victoria too. I am expecting my first baby in April, so I am just exploring the cloth diaper world. I am happy to see other islanders and and getting lots of info. I have bought a few diapers to try, but only on ebay. I just discovered diaperswappers.

masja
01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I really really really want to buy some previously loved diapers from someone here on the island. I am ONLY looking for snap diapers or if they are Velcro I only want night time ones. My son is 25 pounds. I am open to prints and colours. Please email me if you have some you want to sell. My son is currently wearing size medium fuzzy bunz and ready to upsize to a large.

Yes, check out the nanaimo area diaper swapper thingy on facebook (I've also got my dipes listed on there :) I have 2 fuzzi buns, size large, a red one and a blue one if you're interested. I'm in Nanaimo :) (I have them listed on here too, you can get there through the link in my siggy)

hi iam from nanaimo i bought my first cloth from wee care diapercompany and some from huckleberry baby shop iam going to have my third baby june 2010. i am finding thatmy HH one size elestic are going and some of the velcro..anyone know any onethat does repairs?

Hi fellow nanaimo-ite! I love huckleberry, they're awesome there :) Maybe ask them if they know of anyone local that can fix them. They've got a facebook page and are really good with answering questions.

tintedangel
01-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Whats this nanaimo diaperswappers thing your talking about

masja
01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=47412106110

mingie
03-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi all....we are in the process of selling our home in Ontario as my dh has taken a job in Campbell River. So we will be moving there sometime in the month of July. I am taking a break from CDing with the overwhelming move but hope to get back into it soon(hopefully before she potty trains!)

hbond
04-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm in Victoria eventhough it says Vancouver on my profile. I bought pretty much everything I have at Jamtots because I have no feedback on here.

New-Mommy-Sara
04-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi!

Im from Nanaimo and so far I have bought all my diapers from the rest of you and 2nd hand. There is a diaper swapper group on facebook for Nanaimo, which is great!!! I've been looking for a little bit of everything for my LO (due June 2010). Trial and error right?

masja
05-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Rockin Green is coming to nanaimo! Whoo hoo. Just heard that Huckleberry Baby shop is getting it in!

Malakaiii
05-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi!

I'm Lin and I live in Parksville with my husband, 2 boston terriers, and a cat. Currently pregnant with my first, due October 16!

New to the world of cloth diapers and mostly buying online 2nd hand to get the better prices. :)

zariah
06-25-2010, 12:41 AM
From Victoria also. Have daughters : 10 months and 3 1/2. Got most of my dipes at mothering touch, jamtots and the fsot. Got a couple at the baby fair ( huckleberry and earth,mom and baby). Victoria needs more! Whenever a new shop opens they usually carry the same brands! Love this site but it's totally addicting! Awesome there's so many islanites here! Selling some dipes and would love to do it locally (NIP girly GM, sm sugar peas fleece covers, tiny birds infant colourgrown pfs, moonies sm bamboo fitted, tender tushes size 1 organic fitteds, and a electric blue large wool sugar pea cover). If you're interested pm me and we can work out a good deal.

Janet
06-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Anyone interested in the Port Alberni or Campbell River areas interested in coming to a home party? I will be hosting one in PA on July 24th and another in CR on the 26th. Discounts, OOAK prints, draws, lots of fun stuff :)

I grew up in PA but now live in Maple Ridge.

I can make stops in between if anyone can't make it and wants to see a WAHM's stuff in person - as long as they don't mind me chasing after the 18mos running around with me at the same time lol.

Skola
04-27-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm from Victoria as well. I have two daughters 3 and 5 months. I used gDiapers with cloth and Kushies for my first (hated the Kushies). I'm currently using Green Line Diapers for my second and I LOVE them! (they have a website, Etsy and FB page)

They're made by a mom and her husband who live on Bowen Island. She also does wetbags, mama cloth, nursing pads and other things. She also constantly gets new prints! They're only a small company and very involved with their customers.

moonlightblonde
05-15-2011, 07:37 PM
fx that I am able to join you ladies one day =)

We are looking into moving for work for dp. If it were up to me we would be out there in a heart beat, though it will be HARD - I wont know anyone and would be moving from Ontario with a 3 yr old.

Kimpopo
07-27-2011, 03:32 PM
It looks like this thread hasn't been used in a while! Are there any other Vancouver Island Mommas out there? I'm in Victoria and I'm always looking for people to swap with or just talk Cloth Diapers!

Twin2bemommy
09-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Hi!!! I live in port Alberni, just wanted to say HI!! and chit chat about cloth diapers. I can't seem to locate the nanaimo diaper swappers??

MakoFM
12-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi!!! I live in port Alberni, just wanted to say HI!! and chit chat about cloth diapers. I can't seem to locate the nanaimo diaper swappers??

Did you ever find the FB group? I'm from Nanaimo also - wow there were a lot of people from Vic on here! I've been buying a fair bit from the Nanaimo and area swappers as well as two other Canadian swapper groups on FB. Just recently did a huge AMP order from ecobabybuys.com too. :)

atomic_riot
02-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Victoria seems to be where its at for cloth diaper-ers! I was so sad to move up island, Parksville, and away from the growing in-store variety of cloth diapers. I don't even know where to go to replace our snappis and half our stash uses them so I'm washing about every day and a half right now.

Sailor Jacks has some pretty good deals on cloth diaper stuff. I picked up some large hemp flats there for $3 and a bunch of NEW prefolds for another $3. Sigh, I also can't find a good kids consignment store mid-island!

captainmomma
02-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Baby Bellhop inVic has quick shipping and there's a great online store out of Prince George called CozyBums.

Courtenay/Comox used to have 4 great consignment stores. Not sure what's left there now....

cedarwoman
05-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Mid-Island here, hello!

Kpmummy
09-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Im in Victoria :)

kfair23
11-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I am from Port Alberni. Bought most of my diapers from theluvyourbaby.com because I love Kawaii! Also co-ops, my new favorite obsession :)

tintedangel
12-10-2013, 07:57 PM
back on here been a while but we are expecting # 3 in august super excited we are starting from scratch as we thought we were done and passed everything on opps

CadenBsMummy
01-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Another mom from Victoria here.

I'm looking for AMP Stay Dry AIOs. Only place in Vic that seems to sell them new is Abby and Sprouts. Anyone else using these?