PDA

View Full Version : What were the first solids that you made and served?

momto2and2
07-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I am a little ways from starting solids - she is almost 7 months, but I am waiting a little longer, but am going to go ahead and make some and have it frozen and ready.

What were the first things you made? I am thinking peaches, pears, carrots, and sweet potatoes.

Just thought it would be interesting to see if people had any reasoning to their choices.

THANKS

Ami in Deutschland
07-30-2008, 01:48 PM
bananas and avocados- easy to do fresh, don't require cooking
sweet potatoes 'cause they're yummy
apples, squash, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots -in season and available fresh at the time

Don't make too much up ahead, since babies don't eat very much when you start solids. The food won't hold forever in the freezer- 3 months is fine.

Domino Pads
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Ds never liked the pureed stuff. I bought a few books on homemade baby foods -and then never usede them.
We just squooshed things up with a fork and he really preferred the fresh stuff:
avocado, banana and sweet potato (baked of course).
He still loves those.

mommyofcats
08-01-2008, 05:56 PM
My LO has likes sweet potatoes and avocado so far.

Prettylocks
08-01-2008, 06:01 PM
We always start with sweet potato, banana, avacado, other squash. This baby has a lot more fresh fruit to start with than the others because of the time of year he was born. :)

arcwlu01
08-01-2008, 06:07 PM
avocado, sweet potato, butternut squash

smcdanie
08-01-2008, 09:01 PM
After rice and barley it was avacado, banana, sweet potato, apple, pear, peas and butternut squash.