PDA

View Full Version : What kind of birth are you hoping for?

beautiful8
08-05-2008, 03:05 PM
So......?

Do you know yet?

We are probably going for a homebirth again...our last was really neat, m/w missed the birth so it was technically u/c, dh and I caught baby, it was momentous :goodvibes: I'd like a repeat please, including the 29 minutes of active labor, that was nice, wham bam baby OUT :roflmbo:

The only thing I want to do differntly is, I am SO hiring a PP doula this time.

starfiin
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a home birth. I found out after my first mc that I have Factor V (which is a blood clotting thing) which made a few midwives nervous. I've never had any trouble with it (nor has my cousin or dad or grandma who also have it...) ...I found one group of home birth MW who said that they might be up for it if my preg goes well...
If that doesn't pan out- I will be doing waterbirth in a birth center with my awesome OB...

beautiful8
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a home birth. I found out after my first mc that I have Factor V (which is a blood clotting thing) which made a few midwives nervous. I've never had any trouble with it (nor has my cousin or dad or grandma who also have it...) ...I found one group of home birth MW who said that they might be up for it if my preg goes well...
If that doesn't pan out- I will be doing waterbirth in a birth center with my awesome OB...

Oh thats great! tell me, not to ask dumb questions :giggle: but what would be the issue with your disorder? i have had a few friends with blood disorders but they were no longer having kids and i've always been curious what if any risks their are during labor/birth and PP with them?

momof3boys1girl
08-05-2008, 06:36 PM
def want a CNM and would love to do a birthing center.

isabel249
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Honestly- I VERY strongly want a c-section.

My birth experience with my daughter was horrible and I'd much rather just get it over with with a CS with this one. I did not enjoy my daughter's birth at all... and look back on it with fear and sadness :(

sheandaru
08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I want a homebirth! I haven't had any traumatic births, but I'm tired of hospitals. :yuck:

pridykidz
08-06-2008, 02:44 PM
The first time we had the normal DR. in Hospital, induction & epidural. Next went to a Midwife but still delivered at the hospital. It was quick and nice, labor in a tub, but they forced me to get out right before DD was born (it was against hospital policy to deliver in the tub). With DD #3, we found out that the hospital did away with the tubs (to much of a hassel for them), so we decided to go the the birthing center. That was totally great, short labor in the tub, was only gone from home for 4 hours. We got home just as other DD's were waking up. So this time we are considering a home birth. We'll have to see how things work out. I am not sure my midwives do home births. I am going to ask at my first appointment later this month.

rwooley
08-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Im tired of hospitals, Id like a birth center,but havent found any in the Phoenix area. So Im looking at homebirth, Im a bit unsure at this point.

catanded
08-06-2008, 06:53 PM
I can honestly say that I love my OB group and our hospital. We haven't had a bad experience with either. We've found them very accepting and agreeable with the care and births with our other kids. I know we'll be in the hospital but I have every intention of laboring at home until the last possible minute. Ideally, I'd love to have a birth like dd1: labored at home from about 11pm to 3:15am. Got to the hospital at 3:30am. Water broke around 4:30am. She was born, naturally, at 5:02am! She was a big girl (9lbs 12oz) and I ended up fainting the first time I got out of bed due to blood loss but everything else was ideal! I'd even take another baby her size if it could be that "easy."

I did look in to a birthing center but the closest one in over an hour away so that won't work for us. And the thought of a homebirth does not at all scare me though it terrifies DH!

amyruth
08-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I've had 2 c-sections so I'm definitely getting a 3rd. Nobody around here will do a VBAC after 2. I was going to try for a VBAC with #2 but labor stalled and they did a c-section the next morning. She said my old incision was very thin. Scary - I could easily have ruptured in labor and possibly lost the baby and/or my uterus!

SimplyRochelle
08-08-2008, 09:49 PM
We plan on UCing as long as everything goes as planned. I'm very excited to experience labor (yeah, I'm a bit crazy). I am probably going to have an unassisted pregnancy too with a 4-d ultrasound in December (while I'm on vacation!).

raelynn
08-08-2008, 10:40 PM
I will be a scheduled c-section. :( I would love nothing more than to have a VBA2C but it's not an option for me. So I will have a c/s at 39 weeks. The hospital I've had both my kids at (and will have this baby) is fantastic, so I don't mind the hospital stay at all.

MamaToBe84
08-09-2008, 12:06 AM
So......?

Do you know yet?

We are probably going for a homebirth again...our last was really neat, m/w missed the birth so it was technically u/c, dh and I caught baby, it was momentous :goodvibes: I'd like a repeat please, including the 29 minutes of active labor, that was nice, wham bam baby OUT :roflmbo:

The only thing I want to do differntly is, I am SO hiring a PP doula this time.

im guesin you also wony put too much stock in the u/s this time around either, huh? :giggle: tyour story still makes me giggle, lol

beautiful8
08-09-2008, 07:02 AM
im guesin you also wony put too much stock in the u/s this time around either, huh? :giggle: tyour story still makes me giggle, lol

um, yeah we are not finding out this time at ALL :blush: I want to see those baby parts IRL and know exactly what we have :giggle: that was so traumatic last time, for me, for my kids...they still ask about baby *Hannah* even though they love their baby brother ;)

mum2James&Julia
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Hoping? I'm PRAYING I'll be able to have a VBA2C, but I'm having an impossible time finding a practitioner who will accept me.

In a perfect world I'd be able to find someone who would take care of me during a HBA2C, but lord knows that's not going to happen. I'm going to have a hard time finding ANYONE, let alone anyone who would "allow" me to labour without being hooked up to half a dozen machines. :( Easy to get around that one though... just don't go in until you think you're farther along in labour. ;)

laceysmom
08-09-2008, 06:00 PM
We're planning our first homebirth. I'm excited, but it is kindof bittersweet because DH won't be here. Stupid stupid army and stupid stupid "deployment schedule"

beautiful8
08-10-2008, 09:49 AM
We're planning our first homebirth. I'm excited, but it is kindof bittersweet because DH won't be here. Stupid stupid army and stupid stupid "deployment schedule" :hugs: that has to be so hard!! :( My first 2 kids were born while we were in the service ( i was in when the first was born, the 2nd I was an army wife ;) )

I think homebirth is SUCH a great option for you, military hospitals lack big time :blush:

Have you thought about who you want there since dh can't be? Do you have someone supportive that can help out?

LaQuetta
08-11-2008, 08:28 PM
I would like a homebirth but I cannot find any midwives in my area that assist with them. I found 12 midwives but they all deliver in the hospital.

princesslilahsmom
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
i so wish i could do the birth center but i cannot afford it! its like 3-4,000- yikes! My one wish for this birth is that i will go into labor on my own and not have to be induced.

Momma_Rock
08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
That's so odd! I can't find a MW who will deliver in the hospital!

I'm planning another hospital/birth center birth with my OBGYN. He's sooo great! I even want to stay the extra day in the hospital. I know that having 3 older kids at home will not let me sleep much. But if I stay in the hospital... well, the nurses are the lesser of the two sleep demons...

beautiful8
08-12-2008, 07:07 AM
That's so odd! I can't find a MW who will deliver in the hospital!

I'm planning another hospital/birth center birth with my OBGYN. He's sooo great! I even want to stay the extra day in the hospital. I know that having 3 older kids at home will not let me sleep much. But if I stay in the hospital... well, the nurses are the lesser of the two sleep demons...

yeah I hear ay on the older kids and sleeping LOL...I think i might go so far as to get a hotel room for 2 days after baby comes, that way i can get some rest. i want my kids involved, but they are a noisey crew, even now they are yelling at each other :giggle2: stinkers.

momof3boys1girl
08-12-2008, 09:56 AM
So give me to 411 on homebirths. I am really interested in doing one. I looked a few of the pools FS to use and they def are not bad priced.

Momma_Rock
08-12-2008, 11:01 AM
yeah I hear ay on the older kids and sleeping LOL...I think i might go so far as to get a hotel room for 2 days after baby comes, that way i can get some rest. i want my kids involved, but they are a noisey crew, even now they are yelling at each other :giggle2: stinkers.

Yeah, DH says he will put the tv in our room for a few days and take the time off and watch the kids and cook the meals, but I don't really believe him. He didn't do it the first 3 times, why would he do it this time? :giggle2:

I'll just have him stay home and take the oldest kids to school and bring them to the hospital to visit. I just like that 1 extra day to stay in bed and sleep and ACTUALLY get waited on. DH tries, but it's not the same.

honeybunmom
08-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Planning another home birth here.

laceysmom
08-12-2008, 12:00 PM
:hugs: that has to be so hard!! :( My first 2 kids were born while we were in the service ( i was in when the first was born, the 2nd I was an army wife ;) )

I think homebirth is SUCH a great option for you, military hospitals lack big time :blush:

Have you thought about who you want there since dh can't be? Do you have someone supportive that can help out?

So far, at my birth there will be my Mom, and my Aunt Martha (she's a doula), my neighbor Christine (to help with Lacey) the midwife, and her doula too.
I think we got the support thing down!
When Lacey was born, DH was deployed then as well, and it was just me and my Mom in the delivery room.

laceysmom
08-12-2008, 12:03 PM
So give me to 411 on homebirths. I am really interested in doing one. I looked a few of the pools FS to use and they def are not bad priced.

The cost of using my midwife includes using her birthing pool (which of course has been sterilized and such since it was last used..... lol)

I just looked online and found midwives in my area that offered home birth, and then called 12 of them (the closest ones to me) and talked back and forth with 4 of them, and then met 3 of them, and then finally decided on 1!
Its a good thing I started pre-screening them before we were prego, because the process took me 14 weeks. But I am indecisive....

honeybunmom
08-12-2008, 02:35 PM

I did not have a pool to labor in for my home birth. I just labored in my tub. This time will be so much better as I will have a tub in which I can actually submerge myself *and* my belly! Last time my dh and cousin took turns pouring water over it! :giggle:

I had a doula present at my homebirth as well as my 2 midwives. Total overkill. Didn't need the doula at all and this time I won't hire one, even if it turns out only 1 midwife is available. My mom will be there as will my dh and dd's godmother and any other close girlfriends who want to witness a natural birth. Your midwife will give you a list of supplies you'll need to have on hand. A crock pot and hand towels to keep hot compresses at the ready, pads for your bed to catch all of the afterbirth, blood and other bodily fluids, hydrogen peroxide to get any blood out of anything that does get blood on it, etc.

It was very comforting to me to be in my own home. I just didn't think I would be relaxed in a hospital setting and I think my body would have tensed and not been able to perform normally.

I gave birth for the firs time in late October in Chicago, so, I spent the whole day laboring at home. I didn't go outside for walks or anything. It was pretty cold. It was nice to be able to eat when I was hungry and not have that restricted at all. Of course, the time came when I didn't want anything.

What else can I tell you?

lindsayncadence
08-12-2008, 04:59 PM
planning a UC but people think we are doing hospital :)

Momma_Rock
08-12-2008, 05:58 PM
What is "UC"? Is that UnConventional? :headscratch:

laceysmom
08-12-2008, 10:29 PM
What is "UC"? Is that UnConventional? :headscratch:

Lol, well, its kindof unconventional, but UC stands for Unassisted Childbirth. :thumbsup:

momof3boys1girl
08-13-2008, 08:21 AM
cool a homebirth sounds great!

Momma_Rock
08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Oooh! Okay. That makes sense. To be perfectly honest, I like a little assistance. And a little epidural... :blush:

laceysmom
08-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Oooh! Okay. That makes sense. To be perfectly honest, I like a little assistance. And a little epidural... :blush:

:rotflmbo:

I'm going to have an 'aquadural' :giggle2:
I'll let you know how it feels (hurts) about the 7th of April, kk?