PDA

View Full Version : Nashville to Chattanooga

Batbird
08-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok, I am halfway between these two cities, the best way to describe it. I would really love to see a cd brick and morter store. Does anyone know of any within this region? I am also the same distance from Crossville.

Oh, and I've heard rumors of brick and morter stores in Knoxville. I might be able to be that way on Labor Day. Anyone know of these, and where they might be?

zehjohnsons
08-31-2008, 03:43 PM
What exactly do you mean by brick and morter? There are two CD stores in Knoxville - Cutie Tooties (at cutietooties dot com) and Nature Kids Mercantile (also online, but I don't know the web address - google it). They might be able to help!

laurajean
09-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I think there's one in Dayton, TN... It's called Fuzzi Bunz (http://www.fuzzibunzstore.com/store/home.php) I've never been there, and I don't know if its an acutal retail shop or if they just run the online business from there. If you think you might go I'd call or email them to find out.

Also, Greenlife Grocery in North Chattanooga carries Bummis Super Brites and cloth diapering start up kits from Bummis (they also have Gdiapers).

Hope that helps!

haydn'smommy
09-13-2008, 03:57 PM
You can shop at the Swaddlebees/Blueberry store in Knoxville as well as the two listed above.
BTW, where do you live? My parents are in Tullahoma (between Nashville and Chattanooga)

ShayneLeMaster
09-30-2008, 01:33 PM
You can shop at the Swaddlebees/Blueberry store in Knoxville as well as the two listed above.
BTW, where do you live? My parents are in Tullahoma (between Nashville and Chattanooga)

I live in Shelbyville!!:yay: and go to tullahoma often and murfreesboro there arent any kinda stores in shelbyville

Shellyluwho
09-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, - I live in the Chattanooga/ North Georgia Area and I have been wondering about this for eight years:) I am so excited to hear that Greenlife sells Bummis and Gdiapers! Thanks for the info, laurajean. I love Greenlife- their new store downtown rocks.

Newbie mom of 4, Due with boy #4 in December

Shellyluwho
09-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh, by the way, brick and morter is the way to say an in-real-life, not only online or mo, store:) HTH:)

carlycurry
10-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi mamas! I live in Ringgold, GA (basically in Chattanooga since we live like RIGHT on the state line) and think it's so cool that there are others cloth diapering moms in the area!!!!

Shellyluwho
10-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Hey, Mamas,
Today, I went into Target on Gunbarrel Road in Chattanooga, and they now have Bum Genius 3.0 and wetbags!! I am very excited and plan on going back when I have baby money to spend.

Hi, carlycurry, I live on Lookout Mtn, right near your area. I used to go to Ringgold Le Leche League Meetings at the Catoosa Co. Library. Good to see you, to:)

ClothDiaperingMama
10-13-2008, 12:41 PM

Where is the Swaddlebees/BlueBerry store in Knoxville?:headscratch:
Thanks!:goodvibes:

Batbird
10-24-2008, 01:41 PM
OK, sorry ladies it too so long to get back to this thread. Things got hectic to say the least and I forgot my sn/password, etc.

Let's see, yes, I want to go to a real store, but not the greenlife one.

haydn'smommy
I live in Summitville/Manchester, work in Tullahoma.
Oh, and I want to know where that Swaddlebees store is too!!!

Shellyluwho
I was in Chattanooga yesterday and picked up a BG diaper at that Target (but the one in Hixson doesn't have them yet-well as of last weekend when I was in town). Oh, and an odd side note, I drove my MIL up Lookout Mtn since she had never been. (we went down there to go to that consignment sale)

filiadeluna
10-26-2008, 10:56 AM
I just learned yesterday, after posting that no one around here carries CDs, that the store The Baby Crib in Murfreesboro, TN, carries a small selection of Happy Heinys. It is a locally owned & operated store. They have some monkey ones that are so freaking cute! Now I am really addicted (since I can finally see them in person). They sell there for $23.95, though, but include 3 soaker inserts, and of course there's no shipping that way.

I bet if more people in this area show interest, they would carry some other brands & in bigger numbers. Most of the products they sell are cribs/furniture, and other expensive things, so I'm sure they'd love to make some more small change here & there. The owner even told me the economy has been really tough on them lately.

haydn'smommy
10-26-2008, 11:07 AM
I've been told that the Swaddlebees/Blueberry store is out off of Lovell Rd somewhere, but I've never been. I know some local folks on Knoxmoms.com were going to plan on going there and meeting up for some shopping but I couldn't make it.

loveskilts
10-31-2008, 11:25 PM
hello all! i hope this won't be considered butting in :blush: but... if any of y'all are interested, i'm organizing a diaper swap meet in nashville. basically a get together in some free, clean public space where we can show & tell dipes... swap dipes... swap stories... swap tips... etc... a nice, casual, kid-friendly learning environment for any interested :) it's not a brick & mortar store... but you might enjoy it? :) i'm trying to toss the invite out there in case there are tennessee mamas who would like to come, but haven't seen the thread for it yet :goodvibes:

more details here on the main thread:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503119&highlight=nashville

and we're firming up a date / time here...

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585985&highlight=nashville

so far the date/time in the lead on the poll is sat, jan 10th in the afternoon followed in popularity by sat, jan 17th in the afternoon.

all are :welcome: and the more the merrier!! :celebrate:

Batbird
11-04-2008, 10:48 AM
thanks, I'd be interested in going to that. will totally depend on my schedule. I'd come to look/buy but prob won't be selling/trading.

loveskilts
11-04-2008, 11:58 AM
i totally understand! my big hope is that a lot of mamas will bring a lot of different kinds of diapers so i can just SEE them! it's soooo hard to tell what the diaper's like from pics on the web y'know? i've gotten some of the diapers that have been generally popular with a lot of mamas and been disappointed... i know what dipes i have that i like, but it's hard to know what dipes i might like more without seeing and FEELING them and seeing how they fit... so i'm *hoping* i'll get to see a ton of dipes... the alternative is the expensive and frustrating buy and try and cry routine that i'm only too familiar with ;) i'd also like to see some mamas who can put a prefold on like lightning and glue ;) stuff like that... i *might* consider trading my less preferred dipes... but i dunno... we'll see :) i hope you can make it... i'm excited and reallllyyy hope this is as fun and educational for everyone as it i think it will be for me :) if you have a chance, just subscribe to the main diaper swap meet thread to keep up on plans and details as they gel :)

:goodvibes: