PDA

View Full Version : My baby pooped what?

phoofy
08-31-2008, 01:06 AM
Anyone BTDT with finding hair in baby's poop? Or, more specifically, finding a strand of hair stuck in baby's butt??

Baby got real fussy during dinner tonight, so I took him out of his high chair and checked him. Sure enough, there was poop in his dipe. When I went to go change him, I found a strand of (what looked like my) hair stuck in his butt. Half-laughing, half-freaked out, I tried to gently tug on the hair, but it wouldn't really budge. Mind you, DS is wailing at this point, so I'm starting to panic, thinking there's a big ball of hair that's all knotted up inside.

I let him roll around naked for a while and after a minute or two he calmed down. It's Saturday so his pedi's out of the office, and I didn't know if it was worth a call to 911. While he was still calm, I turned him over and gently tugged on the strand again, and this time, it came out!

It was just one strand, but I'm still wondering if there are any more in there (in a knotted ball). He seems fine now; took his last bottle for the night and went to bed without any trouble. Please, PLEASE tell me this has happened to someone else in here? Should I have called 911? Should I call his pedi on Tuesday?? Or, should I relax a bit??

keedalee
08-31-2008, 01:14 AM
It's happened to me with both girls...wait until they get older, it's always a surprise what is in their poo. :giggle2:

happyslings
08-31-2008, 01:15 AM
I SWEAR I pay attention to my son almost every minute of the day and there have been many things (including hair!) in his poop. :roflmbo:

Beebug123
08-31-2008, 01:20 AM
Oh yes! I remember my older DD had that a few times. It really freaked me out the first time. Actually now that you mention it, I'm suprised I've not had younger DD do this yet. Seems like I'm always pulling bits of paper and things out of her mouth. I don't know how she finds them in the first place!

phoofy
08-31-2008, 01:22 AM
LOL

Last week I caught him chewing on a disposable wipe. Now I find hair in his poop. I wonder what's in store next week??

:beafraid:

BLBARNEY
08-31-2008, 01:22 AM
:itsok: It is amazing what you will find:giggle2:
:interesting: I always wondered "How does it get there???" :headscratch:

ThatLinGirl
08-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Yup, it happens. I wouldn't worry about a larger ball or anything. :)

ClothDiaperMePlease
08-31-2008, 08:42 AM
My guy pooped lady bugs at about 1 year...

knoxmama81
08-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Oh man, that's nasty but kids do that. I've seen plenty of hair in my girls poop, yucky but true.

MW69842
08-31-2008, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't even worry about it. I find all sorts of strange things in my 13-month-old's diaper. :giggle2:

mia&seansmom
08-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Mia's pooped hair before....and she pooped paper for about a week once... i can't get the girl to stop eating everything she finds! i swear i clean, but she finds random pieces of paper everywhere!

ktmelody
08-31-2008, 12:25 PM
Last week we had a rainbow poop...sure enough my17 month old ate several tips off of the new crayons. Always a joy! :giggle:

happyslings
08-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Last week we had a rainbow poop...sure enough my17 month old ate several tips off of the new crayons. Always a joy! :giggle:

:roflmbo: :roflmbo: :roflmbo:

Manna00
08-31-2008, 01:37 PM

I babysat for years and they had a dog who was CONSTANTLY eating crayons! The kids were always so excited to see Saddie's "rainbow poops" outside. gee-ross! :giggle:

ShayneLeMaster
08-31-2008, 03:16 PM
It's happened to me with both girls...wait until they get older, it's always a surprise what is in their poo. :giggle2:

my ds has passed ( and trust me i vacuum atleast 2 times a day but i had 3 4 year olds in the house that i was babysitting ) but now with DS#2 i will have to vacuum more than i did..

but i have found now and later wrappers
sequins
and even a closed small safety pin ( although that day he had spent at a freinds house while i was at the DR ) lol.

phoofy
08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh my goodness! Well, I thank you ladies, for helping ease my mind! (Wait. I think?)

LOL, I keep thinking about the poor ladybug.

iKim
08-31-2008, 08:46 PM
lmao. My son pooped a piece of a candy wrapper and 3 beads...lmao.

odentonmom
08-31-2008, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't worry. :hugs:

Since this is a TMI, gross poop thread, I have a story that fits right in... my youngest DS has a congenital colon disease, for a good part of his life, he has been unable to have bowel movements on his own. So, I have to do rectal irrigations on him with a large catheter and syringe. Gross, but daily life around here. This means I am very aware of everything that comes out. :yuck: One night I freaked out when I saw something red blocking the catheter. Once I got it out, I realized it was a plastic peg from my older son's travel Battleship game. I guess it looked like a piece of candy to him and he ate it. :giggle:

4HisGlory
08-31-2008, 09:47 PM
I found a pencil eraser and a small button in my DD's dipe the other day

NessaL_07
08-31-2008, 10:04 PM
ok i havent found anything like that. Although i dont remember it when she was a baby. but i have long hair and i shed alot. And she gets them in her underwear. Im bout ready to cut it off cuz all this sheddin and gettin in my laundry is aggravating me.

I Smile Because Of Them
08-31-2008, 10:07 PM
I always find strands of hair in DS' butt. :blush: With as long as my hair it's fairly common around here.

monicajoy1979
08-31-2008, 10:09 PM
I have found hair a few times, the funniest thing so far has been a "made in china" little slip of paper. :giggle2:

srfbluemama
08-31-2008, 10:26 PM
I have found hair a few times, the funniest thing so far has been a "made in china" little slip of paper. :giggle2:

:rofl:

I think the grossest thing is when DD doesn't chew up her raisins... :yuck:

Harmony96
08-31-2008, 11:32 PM
My guy pooped lady bugs at about 1 year...

:roflmbo: :roflmbo: :roflmbo:

Nothing weird in DD's diaper yet. :giggle: I'm sure one of these days, though... or maybe w/ a future baby (since he/she will have a big sister to "help" feed him/her, lol, and no telling what will get in that mouth when I glance away for a minute).

odentonmom
09-01-2008, 11:20 AM

:roflmbo: