PDA

View Full Version : Help? Pork Chops

AshersMommy
10-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Okay, I want to make pork chops for dinner, but I am soooo tired of baking them the same way! Does anyone have any quick and easy recipes? Normally I'll make lemon pepper pork chops.

yellowcampcat
10-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Do you have a crock pot? I brown them and put them in the crock with sauerkraut and have mashed potatoes and a green veg. with it. They are so tender. It is one of our favorites, although I realize sauerkraut is an acquired taste. :mrgreen:

biapatterson
10-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Try this one! I made it the other night with bone-in pork chops! It was soooo yummy. Even my kids (who hate pork chops) loved it. Everyone was asking for more. I cut up potatoes and put them in with the meat while it was simmering. I also roasted some carrots and it all went well together. Enjoy!!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sage-Pork-Chops/Detail.aspx

Libby

Leininger27
10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
I really like to put cream of mushroom soup on mine! All my kids like it that way too. You can also put barbeque sauce on them!

eightcowwife
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I boil mine in orange juice.:mrgreen:

tigger15623
10-26-2006, 01:50 PM
i like to cook mine up in italian dressing it awesome with chicken

TwinKristi
10-26-2006, 02:16 PM
I like to grill them with BBQ sauce, last night I did Shake N Bake with pork chops (can be used with chicken too!) and my mom always made them in cream of mushroom soup served over rice.

Mom2Natalya
10-26-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't eat meat, but I was on another board and someone recommended this recipe (and it got tons of raves from others!) :D

Apple Pork Chops

6 pork chops (you can do less)
6 apples, cored and sliced, peeling is optional
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup apple juice

Place a layer of apples on bottom of crock pot.
Sprinkle seasonings on both sides of pork chops. (I guesstimated at this point.)
Put another layer of apples on top of pork chops.
Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
Pour apple juice all over.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.

AshersMommy
10-26-2006, 03:59 PM
I don't eat meat, but I was on another board and someone recommended this recipe (and it got tons of raves from others!) :D

Apple Pork Chops

6 pork chops (you can do less)
6 apples, cored and sliced, peeling is optional
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup apple juice

Place a layer of apples on bottom of crock pot.
Sprinkle seasonings on both sides of pork chops. (I guesstimated at this point.)
Put another layer of apples on top of pork chops.
Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
Pour apple juice all over.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.

We did this a week ago. :) Turned out pretty good.

The other recipes look really good, but will require a trip to the grocery store first. Sigh.

runningdiva
10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Sour cream pork chops (just made this a couple weeks ago for the first time and they were increidible.... they fell apart they were so tender. I did use low fat sour cream to cut back on the fat and the saw was kind of thinner and more watery which is typical of low fat sour they still tasted yummy!

INGREDIENTS
6 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cubes chicken bouillon
2 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
DIRECTIONS
Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and then dredge in 1/2 cup flour. In a skillet over medium heat, lightly brown chops in a small amount of oil.
Place chops in slow cooker, and top with onion slices. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and pour over chops. Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
After the chops have cooked, transfer chops to the oven to keep warm. Be careful, the chops are so tender they will fall apart. In a small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons flour with the sour cream; mix into meat juices. Turn slow cooker to High for 15 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops.

shell015
10-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Cajun Pork Chops
You need cajun seasoning, foil and pork chops.
Sprinkle the cajun seasoning on both sides, wrap in foil (make a foil packet) Bake at 345 for 45 minutes. The just fall apart and are just sooooooo good. Easiest thing you will ever make.

babydirtybike
10-29-2006, 03:28 PM
We do 'em greek with garlic, oregano, s & p. Bake, pan fry, or slow cook. Bit of lemon when done.

Blackbirdlane
10-29-2006, 05:31 PM
I put them in the crock pot, pour a bottle of italian salad dressing on top and cook for 6-8 hours on low.

serve over rice with veggies. they are so tender and wonderful!!!

Samantha
10-29-2006, 09:12 PM
I really like to put cream of mushroom soup on mine! All my kids like it that way too. You can also put barbeque sauce on them!

with white onion (I put the onions in and brown them while I brown the meat. They caramelize a bit and its so good! :drool:

FitMommyOf2
11-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Ooh.. :drool: Great thread!!! DH loves pork chops and I was slowly at my end with our way to prepare them.

Pork chops in onion sauce

Put pork chops in casserole, mix 1 pck of onion soup mix w/3 c of milk (instead of water like it's said on the pack), pour over pork chops, bake for 30-45 mins @ 350F.
We love eating mashed potatoes to it.

LambyPants
11-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Want simple? Seasoning salt and pepper then fry them up!! Don't be afraid of the seasonings, be generous!! DH loves it best that way!!

Stacey

lovinlife
11-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I've never failed with this method -- they always come out juicy, and it's quick!

1. marinate or just coat with a sauce like teriyaki, soy sauce, or other marinade.

2. in a bowl, mix some flour with salt and pepper (and other seasonings if you like)

3. dredge chops in the flour mixture

4. pan-fry in butter or olive oil, flipping over halfway through. Takes about 12-15 min. I would guess.

kht2006
11-04-2006, 06:36 PM
bake with pineapple in juice and brown sugar serve over rice yum hawiian pork chops

mom2kdmb
11-04-2006, 06:39 PM
I boil mine in orange juice.:mrgreen:

I'm going to have to try that one! Interesting...:headscratch:

leeann82
11-04-2006, 07:42 PM
we love em with Mushroom soup poured over top! after its cooked, i pour the remaining soup over my rice YUM!!