PDA

View Full Version : Which potty to choose?

acoffman
10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
I haven't had much luck with potty chairs in the past and I would like to find a simple design for our dd to try and use. I like the design of the Once upon a Potty and the Potty Patty and Bjorn, but there are little differences and was hoping to get some advice on what others have had success with.
Any input mamas?

dragondance
10-06-2008, 09:14 PM
We tried the Comfy whatever cushioned potty, one of those singing throne ones (but with the singing turned off), the Baby Bjorn, and the one-piece potty from IKEA. Well, dd1 never used the Confy cushioned one (it's at Babies R Us), but maybe she was too young. She just kept toys in it :giggle:. Then she used the throne potty for a while, but dd2 would play with it and tip it over and fall over while on it. We never bought a Bjorn but when we would see one at the store, dd would try to take it down, sit in it, and cry when I put it back. So I got an IKEA one because it was similar one-piece, hard to tip construction, and I got it for the baby for EC but dd1 took it over immediately, christened it with as much pee as possible as soon as we brought it home :giggle:, and just loves it.

acoffman
10-06-2008, 11:31 PM
So I guess I don't have to ask if the seat from IKEA was comfortable enough :giggle:
I will have to check that one out, I didn't know they had one. Thank you for your help. I have one of the old FP potty chairs and all my dd wants to do is take it all apart, so that is why I am really considering a one piece deal.

skueppers
10-07-2008, 09:05 PM
My son does fine with the Ikea potty chair, too. And it was only $3 or $4. It's a fairly new product.

We also have a larger Baby Bjorn potty we got as a hand-me-down, that works well for him also.