PDA

View Full Version : Do you use code words?

Beaker
10-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Do you have code words for nursing, pooping or peeing or anything else for that matter so you kid doesn't shout these words in public?

LilyGrace
10-17-2008, 04:38 PM
We tend to use a combination of ASL and Russian in public. If the kid understands I don't need anyone else to understand or butt in (or make him the center of attention). :giggle2: It's a lot easier to quickly sign "toilet" than it is to try to make it there while the store is laughing because your kid, wearing Toy Story underwear, shouts at the top of his lungs, "I HAVE TO GO POTTY BEFORE MY WOODY GETS WET!":blush:

Our most common signs/words now are pay attention, walk, stop, quiet, be kind/good.

amphibology29
10-17-2008, 07:08 PM
For going to the bathroom DS just says he needs to go potty/to the bathroom. It's mostly "to the bathroom" now that he's older. Nursing was always just that. "Mommy, nurse please." He knew the proper name for breasts, but always called them my nurses!

Shouting in public was never an issue for us. We taught him to speak quietly when inside and he's just the kind of good kid who listens to us. :giggle:

wildeyes
10-17-2008, 08:14 PM
nah, i just blush, and teach not to yell in public. no harm in using correct words. i'm not modest or shy by any stretch of the imagination, so i just go on about my day.

ttachuk
10-17-2008, 08:47 PM
No, my daughter will just say she has to go pee-pee or poopy. Not really to embarrassing coming from a 3 year old. Could be worse.

NessaL_07
10-18-2008, 09:58 AM
No, my daughter will just say she has to go pee-pee or poopy. Not really to embarrassing coming from a 3 year old. Could be worse.

Thats how it goes with us too, or she will kinda whisper to me I have to potty, or pee-pee or poop.